New to Chicago (Naperville) - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 07-23-2012, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage
New to Chicago (Naperville)

Hey Ladies and Gents! I just moved here and I'm trying to see if there are any JKO'ers in the area???

Am I right side up or upside down?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-26-2012, 10:38 AM
JKO Addict!

Not too far off from you in Glendale Heights.

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old 08-07-2012, 06:40 AM
JKO Addict!

Lake Zurich here but will be moving to the city by November!

2010 Mango 2dr 6spd Rubicon
PSC BFH front and rear, Warn 9.5cti with viking synth line, Rigid duallys, RROR full skid,
RK 2.5 max travel pro with RRDs, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Tera 44 front, Tera 60 rear with 4.88s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 08-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Wheeler

Downers Grove here
post #5 of 9 Old 08-17-2012, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

Anywhere decent around here to do some wheelin'? Doesn't have to be nuts, just itching to get some mud on the tires.

Am I right side up or upside down?
post #6 of 9 Old 08-25-2012, 08:18 PM
JKO Addict!

It is a good thing that you live in the Chicagoland area, you have exactly "2" places to wheel your Jeep.

In Illinois you have The Cliffs Insane Terrain in Marseilles, Illinois and The Badlands Offroad Park in Attica, Indiana.

I'm planning a run down to The Badlands on 9-22 that you're welcome to join in. We're planning on heading down after work on 9-21 to camp the night, wheel that sat.

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.
post #7 of 9 Old 09-06-2012, 11:31 PM
Wheeler

I'm in Prospect Heights, and am also looking to meet others in the area to make some weekend trips.
post #8 of 9 Old 09-07-2012, 06:40 AM
Granite Guru

Nicolet National Forest

It's been a while since I lived up there but for a weekend of wheeling and camping we would go to Nicolet National Forest in Northern Wisconsin. Its a drive so plan to make a weekend out of it.

The best part was we could go up and not see another person all weekend on the trails.
post #9 of 9 Old 09-07-2012, 06:57 AM
JKO Addict!

Sorry to hear that you had to move to this fucked up state. There are some spots in Michigan to wheel but badlands in attica is the best spot in the region with wooded trails, sand dunes, mud bogs, and rock crawling. They have a good mix of everything. The cliffs are very tight and I found my self having to back up all day long to make turns. I would avoid it if you have a 4 door. It is small and the trails are wooded and rather easy except for a couple of steep wash outs that run down to the creek. Expect mud there as well.

Some build info here:

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode