AnY Chicagoland JeePers? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 Old 04-01-2009, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

AnY Chicagoland JeePers?

Just looking to see if there are any Chicago.. Jeepers on here...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 04-05-2009, 11:29 AM
Wheeler

Send a message via Yahoo to cigar196

Hey Mike here, I'm in Wauconda and got my 09 4 dr jeep green sahara about a month ago. I'm thrilled to be back I. A Jeep again. I had to part with my 98 tj when my twins were born in 01. Before that I had a yj wrangler and prior to that I had an 84 cj7. Where are you located?
post #3 of 32 Old 04-06-2009, 02:21 AM
Granite Guru

im out in mokena i have an 07 4 door and the son has a 07 2 door// their is/was 1 trail by us 159th and I-355 you can google it but that got shut down now the only thing around that i know is the bad lands and the cliffs been to the bad lands once and i havent been to the cliffs i have read and heard that the cliffs you are almost gearenteed to get some type of damage when you go. mine is a daily driver and im not into tearing it up (yeat) are their any other trails ?

07 JK 4 DOOR X WITH HIGH ROCK FRONT WINCH BUMPER APPROACH ROLLERS/WARN 9.5TI WINCH WITH CUT-OFF SWITCH/2.5" RC SPRING LIFT/HYDRO SHOCKS/1"M.O.R.E BL/1" front leveling pucks/33" BFG KM2 ON STOCK 17"/RIVER RAIDER ROCKER GUARDS-SLIDERS/OFF ROAD HEROS FASTBACK SOFT TOP/GIBSON DUEL EXHAUST/CUSTOM MADE TRUNK/HELLA FF300/HELLA500 W-WINDSHIELD MOUNTS/DELTA SKYBAR/CARBON FIBER DASH KIT/GUAGE PODS WITH VOLT-OIL PRESSURE-OIL TEMP GUAGES/COBRA 75/HIGH LIFT/AND A LOT OF RECOVERY GEAR
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 Old 04-08-2009, 06:16 AM Thread Starter

Dont know

I'm from Elgin... there used to an old hunt club around here with trails for atv's and off roaded but now its a sub division.. so there went that.. I saw a clip of the the cliffs and yeah I dont think Ill be visiting that anytime soon lol/ unless I get another jeep.. I was just lookin to find some trails do some mudding etc in the future im bare bone stock, but going to do a lot of up grades..
post #5 of 32 Old 04-08-2009, 09:55 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

You should go to Cliff's. You don't have to damage your jeep. It has not damaged my Jeep at all. Well maybe some pin stripping. Plenty of places to take it easy. I do like the Badlands down in Attica IN. That place has damaged my Jeep.

I work in Elgin. Drive through S Elgin to get there. If you see a lifted silver unlimited and when it goes by you hear it growl, that's me.
post #6 of 32 Old 04-09-2009, 11:40 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHI-TOWN-JK View Post
I'm from Elgin... there used to an old hunt club around here with trails for atv's and off roaded but now its a sub division.. so there went that.. I saw a clip of the the cliffs and yeah I dont think Ill be visiting that anytime soon lol/ unless I get another jeep.. I was just lookin to find some trails do some mudding etc in the future im bare bone stock, but going to do a lot of up grades..
ya man I'm with you I'm not into tearing my up i mean its my daily driver i went to the bad lands last year for their guided trail ride it was fun their was stock and slight modified 4x4 the guy that did our guide was considerate of everyone and their was two groups easy to mid and then you had the ones that didn't care if they smashed in a door or quarter panel they trailered them in I'm probably going again this year and i seen some of the clips from the cliffs i would go if we had a drought because it seems to be bad when its wet

07 JK 4 DOOR X WITH HIGH ROCK FRONT WINCH BUMPER APPROACH ROLLERS/WARN 9.5TI WINCH WITH CUT-OFF SWITCH/2.5" RC SPRING LIFT/HYDRO SHOCKS/1"M.O.R.E BL/1" front leveling pucks/33" BFG KM2 ON STOCK 17"/RIVER RAIDER ROCKER GUARDS-SLIDERS/OFF ROAD HEROS FASTBACK SOFT TOP/GIBSON DUEL EXHAUST/CUSTOM MADE TRUNK/HELLA FF300/HELLA500 W-WINDSHIELD MOUNTS/DELTA SKYBAR/CARBON FIBER DASH KIT/GUAGE PODS WITH VOLT-OIL PRESSURE-OIL TEMP GUAGES/COBRA 75/HIGH LIFT/AND A LOT OF RECOVERY GEAR
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 32 Old 04-10-2009, 09:38 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Ok you guys you need to get a dent or some pin stripping Living with a Jeep becomes much easier when you're not worried about the little love taps. After getting over the first one the reat become easier!

I've got pin stripping all over. No problems. I have a dent that a buddy put in the Jeep by accident with a mallet. I will fix that, but had I been all worried about how my Jeep looked, I might have killed him. Then who would have helped me install the long arm???

Now I do worry about actually breaking the Jeep. Not that I'm worried that it's broke, but how I'm going to get it home.

Need a quick fix? Go... East of 355 on North Ave. North on N Main, East on E Progress, Up and over the dirt berm. Don't go after it's rain unless you don't mind a alot of mud. 41 54 24.00 80 00 45.66
post #8 of 32 Old 04-28-2009, 07:38 AM

Yes northside chicago either my boss or i drive a red rock with a 6.1 hemi in it .....lifted 4" ,35's with 5th wheel , jeep MOPAR bumpers front and rear etc.
post #9 of 32 Old 05-11-2009, 10:39 AM
Rock God

Send a message via AIM to NxtGenCowboy

Yall are pretty close to me, I am in the Orland Park area, New to the Jeep scene but not wheelin. Just got a 09 Wrangler, trying to decide what to do next on it! PRetty much stock for now
post #10 of 32 Old 05-12-2009, 08:40 AM

Live in New Lenox. Just picked up and '09 silver sahara unlimited. We love the vehicle. I prefer to use my 650 h1 arctic cat atv at the "Cliffs". The jeep is used to get off the "beaten trail" with my family. Hard top is coming off TODAY!
post #11 of 32 Old 05-14-2009, 12:05 PM
Granite Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to ChicagoNative

I just got a 2007 Wrangler X Unlimited in Red Rock color. I'm in Naperville for summer and Ames, Iowa for winter. I have always been wanting to get into off roading so I have no experience wheeling but definitely want to try and get into it.
post #12 of 32 Old 06-16-2009, 10:31 PM
Wheeler

In Chicago, I look for anything I can drive it into, all over the place. Been stuck a few times, no biggie. That was stock, now I am sitting on 35's and a 3" Black Diamond lift. Scratched the hell out of my doors the first week I got the thing 2-1/2 years ago. She's fun, she'll be more fun after I get her all geared up.
post #13 of 32 Old 06-16-2009, 11:50 PM
Granite Guru

I'm going to give you all a friendly warning and stay the F away from a club called Jeeps Gone Wild. If you want more details I will direct you to some posts on JeepForum.com, but take my word for it that there are much better clubs in the Chicago area.

I second the Cliffs and Badlands. Badlands is great because you can go 3 or 4 times until you've done it all and Cliffs doesn't have to cause damage. A park doesn't cause damage to your Jeep, you do. Understanding limits is key.
post #14 of 32 Old 06-17-2009, 03:17 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpunk View Post
I'm going to give you all a friendly warning and stay the F away from a club called Jeeps Gone Wild. If you want more details I will direct you to some posts on JeepForum.com, but take my word for it that there are much better clubs in the Chicago area.

I second the Cliffs and Badlands. Badlands is great because you can go 3 or 4 times until you've done it all and Cliffs doesn't have to cause damage. A park doesn't cause damage to your Jeep, you do. Understanding limits is key.
WELL YOU GOT MY ATTENTION, whats up with that club

post #15 of 32 Old 07-07-2009, 10:37 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
WELL YOU GOT MY ATTENTION, whats up with that club
X2.
post #16 of 32 Old 07-08-2009, 07:35 AM
Rock God

Ive never heard of it..

I havent got to wheel at The Cliffs yet, just take the ATV there...

I plan to go soon though, my Gfs step-dad has a TJ with all the goodies and so does his best friend, so I cant wait to go!

The box said "Requires Windows 95, NT, or better", so I installed Linux
post #17 of 32 Old 07-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Wheeler

You are quite correct in saying the Cliff’s is a tough place to wheel with a stock vehicle. The owner has let the place go pretty badly and the trails are hard to negotiate and find your way around. However, anytime anyone wants to go down there I would be glad to lead you around and keep you relatively safe from damage. If I am not there go over to the Snack Shack, ask for me, Brad or the Tanker and we will give a safe guided tour. If you want to get a little crazy we can handle that also. I keep my JK out West so I would be driving my old Willys.

The Mad Brit at

45 Willys MB, 14 AEV JKU, 88 Sammi
post #18 of 32 Old 07-13-2009, 07:19 AM
Rock God

Sweet, that'd be awesome. We are going to the 4WD Truck and Jeep fest in Ohio in 2 weeks. We were going to go to The Cliffs that weekend but this fest is suppose to bring in over 1000 jeeps and trucks.

The cliffs is a blast for ATVs, Once we take a ride there again, I'll let everyone know!

post #19 of 32 Old 08-06-2009, 05:13 PM
Wheeler

I'm in NW Indiana...not far from the city at all.
post #20 of 32 Old 10-28-2009, 11:20 AM

I am in Fox Lake, far northern suburb of Chicago.
post #21 of 32 Old 11-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Wheeler

Northwest burbs here
Des Plaines to be exact

As far as local clubs is concerned - Extremejeepclub.com - only 2 years old
good guys there. Based out of McHenry

also member of GLJT, LOSTJEEPS

JK Rubicon - Rescue Green
3.5 inch AEV ~ Shrockworks Rock Rails ~ Mickey T's Baja MTZ 33 tires, Rescue Green ARB Front Bumper ~ ~ Expedition One Rear Bumper ~ Full belly armor ~ Warn 9.5ti winch plus some other goodies
post #22 of 32 Old 12-30-2009, 01:54 PM
Wheeler

Bloomington, Illinois

I'm in Bloomington. Just got on the site.

I have a 2007 2 dr. Just getting ready to start mods.

Looking forward to seeing all you guys on the trails!
post #23 of 32 Old 01-29-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edivebuddy View Post
41 54 24.00 80 00 45.66
I think I need to put in the N S E W. I googled that and got a location just off the Kyrgystan border in NW China

From Orland Park here. Very new to owning a Jeep and will start slow until I airdrop my Jeep into central Asia
post #24 of 32 Old 01-29-2010, 04:05 PM
Rock God

I just sold my 2 door.. im in Orland Park as well..

will be getting a four door soon

post #25 of 32 Old 02-03-2010, 01:56 PM
Rock God

Out in Marengo for me. Only wheeling we do here is down into the ditch and back into a cornfield....

I'm actually planning on going to the Badlands for the Jamboree this year. Been there a couple times with ATVs, going to break in the new JK right.....

Never been to the Cliffs, though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode