Tough Mudder - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 05-31-2012, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Tough Mudder

Anyone else doing the tough mudder on June 16th in Attica, IN?

08 2dr JK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIG View Post
All BJís are not the same manÖ I am sure you have had a good and a bad BJ in your time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 06-11-2012, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Wow no one is doing this? The guy I was doing it with backed out, so I'm guess I'm flying solo.

08 2dr JK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
All BJís are not the same manÖ I am sure you have had a good and a bad BJ in your time.
post #3 of 11 Old 06-11-2012, 04:49 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Get'er done!!! And have fun!

I am running one in October!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 06-12-2012, 03:17 AM
Granite Guru

I was interested until I found out it's not a Jeep thing! lol
post #5 of 11 Old 06-12-2012, 04:10 AM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

Plenty of other participants will help you out. But if you have dome one before you know the obstacles are made for a team effort and some are just impossible alone.... But people are always willing to help out. good luck. My wife just did the mount snow Vermont one

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
post #6 of 11 Old 06-12-2012, 05:24 AM
Granite Guru

Yeah ALWAYS people around to help you out. I've done two and will be there this weekend as well. Though I'm calling this one moderate mudder since they wussed out and had it in the summer instead of March like they were supposed to. The ice baths just aren't the same when it's warm out
post #7 of 11 Old 06-12-2012, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Cool, I'm running the 9:40 wave. Let me know if your group needs an extra person. I knew the obstacles were meant for a team but my team all wussed out. I ran a half marathon a couple weeks ago so I know I have the endurance... I'm sure this will still beat the hell out of me lol

08 2dr JK

Quote:
post #8 of 11 Old 06-13-2012, 04:14 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
Cool, I'm running the 9:40 wave. Let me know if your group needs an extra person. I knew the obstacles were meant for a team but my team all wussed out. I ran a half marathon a couple weeks ago so I know I have the endurance... I'm sure this will still beat the hell out of me lol
I think we might be 9:40 as well. I think the slowest in our group runs about a 1:50 half (on the pavement). So we aren't super fast, but we aren't walking it either.

The thing with Tough Mudder is it's as hard or as easy as you want to make it. If you really want to run the whole coarse then an early start time is the best. We went around 11 in November and you spent a lot of time waiting at some of the obstacles, so you had plenty of time to recover and didn't need to be able to run a half straight through. The biggest issue there was it was cold and you tightened up waiting so it took a bit of a warmup run to get going again. We did CA with an even later start time but for some reason (maybe cause our group was slower) we didn't have much waiting at all. But it was also warm out. I found I usually run faster than the rest of the group and just wait up at the obstacle so I get a bit of a rest anyway but we do the obstacle as a team. We are hoping with the earlier start time there won't be any waiting.

So thats why I say Tough Mudder is as hard or as easy as you want to make it. I find doing a half or a triathlon much harder but a big part of that is in TM I am just out to have fun and be a team player so I'm not racing the clock. Maybe if I went out and sprinted TM for the best time I could get I'd feel different about it, but its just too much fun for me to turn it into a race since it's not even officially timed

Long story short, we will be hitting it harder than we have in the past since it's just the faster three of us in the group this time BUT we are out to have a good time, so if our pace sounds about right for you, welcome to the team if we are too slow you can ditch us or if we are way too fast there are ALWAYS other people around. We always end up with extra team mates by the end

So we plan to hit it somewhat hard but we aren't out to set any records and you've got youth on your side
post #9 of 11 Old 06-15-2012, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Pm sent

08 2dr JK

Quote:
post #10 of 11 Old 06-17-2012, 05:32 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

That was a damn good time, I'm pretty sore today but without injury. I'll definitely be doing another one in the future! Also just for the record I made it through the Funky Monkey, hell yeah!

08 2dr JK

Quote:
post #11 of 11 Old 06-29-2012, 05:27 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
That was a damn good time, I'm pretty sore today but without injury. I'll definitely be doing another one in the future! Also just for the record I made it through the Funky Monkey, hell yeah!
good job. Funky Monkey got me this time. I missed a grab. So I am 2 for 3 on the Funky Monkey now!

Sorry I missed you, I had our time all screwed up...

We are doing KY in October.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode