OK...WTF ???? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 Old 03-29-2009, 02:07 AM Thread Starter

OK...WTF ????

I pass at least ten to fifteen jeeps a day. None of you guys trail ride? Drink Beer? Shoot Guns??
Oh, and while we're at it...none of you dicks can wave ether.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 Old 03-29-2009, 02:16 AM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to Big A

Didn't you get the memo? The JK killed the Jeep Wave and we all mall crawling soccer moms and Latte' drinking yuppies!

Phase 1 Complete. Sold JK
Phase 2 Complete. Bought a Tow Rig
Phase 3 on-hold. Buying a trail rig. Thinking a TJ or XJ
post #3 of 51 Old 03-29-2009, 02:19 AM Thread Starter

Nobody tells me anything anymore. That would explain it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 51 Old 03-29-2009, 02:26 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

yup
I'm a mall crawler!
Just watch where ya park at the malls in Texas!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
post #5 of 51 Old 03-29-2009, 08:04 AM
Rock God

just wave at every Jeep and don't worry if they wave back.... even the soccer moms will get into it... start drinking beer... carrying a CW.. and start wheeling

convert 'em one at a time
post #6 of 51 Old 03-29-2009, 12:52 PM
Wheeler

Thats funny, I always wave and don't even worry if they wave back. Most of the time, I don't notice if they do.

Go Big or Go Home!!!!!!
post #7 of 51 Old 03-30-2009, 10:09 AM
Wheeler

Hah! I bought my wife a 4dr. Told her one stipulation of having a real Jeep is she has to wave at other real Jeeps.
post #8 of 51 Old 03-30-2009, 10:38 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpygroundhog View Post
I pass at least ten to fifteen jeeps a day. None of you guys trail ride? Drink Beer? Shoot Guns??
Oh, and while we're at it...none of you dicks can wave ether.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpygroundhog View Post
Nobody tells me anything anymore. That would explain it.
Here's what I do, when I see the other jeeps I wave, I'll say this rarely do I get a response. I've found it to be true that the new jeepers are mainstream yuppies and mommy's who picked it up to run around town. They have no idea of the culture, maybe the history but not the culture, of the jeep and those who own them. I'll bet if you start you'll get some responses.

"Dude, did you see that Green Jeep out in the parking lot?"

"Yeah, its' mine..."
post #9 of 51 Old 03-30-2009, 10:49 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOWREVER View Post
Here's what I do, when I see the other jeeps I wave, I'll say this rarely do I get a response. I've found it to be true that the new jeepers are mainstream yuppies and mommy's who picked it up to run around town. They have no idea of the culture, maybe the history but not the culture, of the jeep and those who own them. I'll bet if you start you'll get some responses.
We could always start the NEW JEEP WAVE......

Go Big or Go Home!!!!!!
post #10 of 51 Old 03-30-2009, 10:50 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMud View Post
We could always start the NEW JEEP WAVE......
I'm all with it, I second the motion........

"Dude, did you see that Green Jeep out in the parking lot?"

"Yeah, its' mine..."
post #11 of 51 Old 03-30-2009, 11:01 AM
Rock God

My wife drives our(her) JK most of the time and she waves at every Jeep no matter if they wave first or not!! Now she has me started doin the same. We do the 4 fingers raised off the steering wheel. She says it stands for 4 door!!

HANG ON TIGHT...I SAW THIS IN A CARTOON ONCE...I THINK I CAN DO IT!!
08 4 DOOR, FLAME RED, 3" SKYJACKER LIFT, 325/70-17 NITTO TERRA GRAPPLERS, MOTO METAL 951 WHEELS, RANCHO REAR BUMPER/TIRE CARRIER,DAYSTAR HOOD WRANGLERS, RAINGLER GRIPS, MOPAR SLUSH MATS
post #12 of 51 Old 03-30-2009, 11:29 AM
Rock God

90% of the people that own a jk in my little town don't wave either and I know most of them that drive them! It's just a thing that'll take a while for new JK owners to pick up on. It's how it was with my TJ too when I first got it...

'08 Unlimited Sahara - Hemi -
Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
Fenders & Rockers -
Bumpers - Ramsey 9500UT - WTOR Hydro Assist - Etc.
post #13 of 51 Old 05-18-2009, 06:55 PM
Granite Guru

No 4 doors or 2 door saharas wave by me. I HATE IT!!!

Last edited by 08 Jk; 05-18-2009 at 07:01 PM.
post #14 of 51 Old 05-18-2009, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08 Jk View Post
No 4 doors or 2 door saharas wave by me. I HATE IT!!!
What I do is wave anyway but don't look to see if they wave back....that way it don't bother me.
post #15 of 51 Old 05-18-2009, 07:20 PM
Heat'n and a beat'n...

i kinda gave up on waving to most non modded 4 doors with hard tops. They never wave back. 95% of pre 2007 jeeps wave back and 10% of post 2007s wave back.

corey d

corey d
2008 JEEP...
post #16 of 51 Old 05-18-2009, 10:29 PM
Granite Guru

I wave at all the Jeeps if I see them. Most of the 4 doors are the ones I encounter that don't wave back.

Teraflex 4" Lift with 8 Flexarms - Mickey Thompson Classic Locks - 35" Goodyear MTR with Kevlar - Shrockworks Mid Width Front Bumper - Shrockworks Full Width Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier - SkidRow Oil/Tranny skid plate - Rock Hard 4x4 JK Evap Canister Skid Plate - Coast Front and Read Driveshaft - Teraflex Front/Rear Differential Covers - Superchip Flashpaq - Mile Marker 9500 - KC SlimLights - ARB on-board air/CB/Ham radio - Yukon 5.13 - Sleeved and Gussets
post #17 of 51 Old 05-19-2009, 08:28 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUPIDFACE View Post
i kinda gave up on waving to most non modded 4 doors with hard tops. They never wave back. 95% of pre 2007 jeeps wave back and 10% of post 2007s wave back.

corey d
Never give up, check my sig. VVVV She is really converting them one at a time

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #18 of 51 Old 05-19-2009, 08:52 AM
JKowners Vendor

I wave at most Jeeps, though there are so many around here that I miss a few. Some wave back, some smile. I think it will gradually work, though, because I get definite responses when I am driving something else--in the truck I get confused looks like "do I know her?"; in the car, they ignore me like I must be waving to someone else, and once, while I was driving a <gulp, gag> H3, I would get looks of distaste and they would turn away as if I insulted them.

Nena Barlow

-- downloadable maps & trailbooks

post #19 of 51 Old 05-19-2009, 10:53 AM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep School View Post
I wave at most Jeeps, though there are so many around here that I miss a few. Some wave back, some smile. I think it will gradually work, though, because I get definite responses when I am driving something else--in the truck I get confused looks like "do I know her?"; in the car, they ignore me like I must be waving to someone else, and once, while I was driving a <gulp, gag> H3, I would get looks of distaste and they would turn away as if I insulted them.
LOL, I stopped waving as much my hand was getting tired....and it wasn't my right one.

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #20 of 51 Old 05-19-2009, 12:45 PM
Rock God

Garage

I'll only wave if I like your rig! Stockers get nothin'.
post #21 of 51 Old 05-19-2009, 01:10 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromedome View Post
I'll only wave if I like your rig! Stockers get nothin'.
It's the LAW, if we wave first you have to wave back. Otherwise your Jeeper license is revoked

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #22 of 51 Old 05-19-2009, 06:26 PM
Wheeler

Keep waving and we can train the soccer moms and suburbanites to wave back. Please don't blame it on the JK, I just bought an '09 JK and wave first most of the time. It's just we have a new group of drivers that don't know about the "Jeep Thing". Maybe we can convince Chrysler to add a warning on the visor for new owners.

Last edited by sdault; 05-19-2009 at 08:45 PM.
post #23 of 51 Old 05-19-2009, 10:00 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post
LOL, I stopped waving as much my hand was getting tired....and it wasn't my right one.

Jason
WTF Jason!? You're left handed? LMAO!

Nena Barlow

-- downloadable maps & trailbooks

post #24 of 51 Old 08-28-2009, 12:29 PM
Rock God

So, what are we gonna do to increase our member count in the Great Lakes area?!! I'm about ready to start handing out the JKO cards to all jeeps (JK or not) just so we can find some people to wheel with. Would that be wrong? Have any of you printed out the cards to tag other Jeeps yet?
post #25 of 51 Old 08-28-2009, 12:35 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfort1 View Post
What I do is wave anyway but don't look to see if they wave back....that way it don't bother me.
Ditto. For me, it tends to prevent the followup "no return wave" wave =

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
zjr- I'm not that horny, but I have been known to salivate over your meat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode