Badlands Trip 3-24-2012 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 02-22-2012, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Badlands Trip 3-24-2012

Looks like thats a good date for a lot of people to hit the trails at the badlands.. Figured I'd make a thread to get a head count going. Theres about 8 of us planning on making the trip. Gonna be at the lower lot around 9:30am Indiana time. I personally wont be camping out since it will still be cold.. so its just a one day trip for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 02-22-2012, 05:52 PM
JKO Addict!

If my shocks are in by then and I don't have work I am down, and if peeps are in to camp I am also down nothing alittle whiskey can't handle

2010 Mango 2dr 6spd Rubicon
PSC BFH front and rear, Warn 9.5cti with viking synth line, Rigid duallys, RROR full skid,
RK 2.5 max travel pro with RRDs, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Tera 44 front, Tera 60 rear with 4.88s
post #3 of 17 Old 02-22-2012, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

good deal. It sounds like some guys kinda wanna camo but it depends on the weather. We usually camp at Summers Campground as opposed to the camp ground near the badlands.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 02-22-2012, 09:01 PM
Rock God

Think i could make it in 2wd? I'm not sure if ill have my new front driveshaft by then...

sent using the dark side of the force

check my site out

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 17 Old 02-22-2012, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

sure. Just stay off the big rocks. I am sure there will be plenty of tow straps and winches there to get ya out. Its a month away.. so ya got time. Have you ordered one yet?
post #6 of 17 Old 03-12-2012, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Update..3/12/2012

we have about 25 Jeeps that say they are going on the 24th. With how nice the weather is getting I think we are going to try to camp out. We plan on being at the Badlands by 10am Indiana time. We are gonna camp at the Summers Camp ground.. thats NOT the campground right outside the Badlands. We plan on running channel 24 on the cb.. but with so many people we will probably break up into groups and use channel 25 and maybe 26 as well. Hope to see you all there.
post #7 of 17 Old 03-13-2012, 09:06 AM
JKO Addict!

Argh!!!

I'd love to make this trip, but I'll have to pass this time. Gotta get the heep prepped some before hitting the trails.

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 17 Old 03-13-2012, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkuntz01 View Post
Argh!!!

I'd love to make this trip, but I'll have to pass this time. Gotta get the heep prepped some before hitting the trails.
you have a rubicon.. it came from the dealer ready to hit the trails. Theres going to be a handful of stock jeeps and first timers.. you can make this trip. And lets not forget Go Topless day on May 19th!
post #9 of 17 Old 03-14-2012, 11:50 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickit1981 View Post
you have a rubicon.. it came from the dealer ready to hit the trails. Theres going to be a handful of stock jeeps and first timers.. you can make this trip. And lets not forget Go Topless day on May 19th!
I know, but I wan't to put some better skid plates underneath it before taking it out. I've seen how well (cough, cough) the factory gas tank skid held up on our previous Rubi's with only light wheeling, I don't expect the 2012's to be any better.

If you know anyone with a 2dr needing a soft top I'm looking to make a deal. It'll get me closer to placing the order with Riverraider for their underbelly system.

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.
post #10 of 17 Old 03-14-2012, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkuntz01 View Post
I know, but I wan't to put some better skid plates underneath it before taking it out. I've seen how well (cough, cough) the factory gas tank skid held up on our previous Rubi's with only light wheeling, I don't expect the 2012's to be any better.

If you know anyone with a 2dr needing a soft top I'm looking to make a deal. It'll get me closer to placing the order with Riverraider for their underbelly system.
well yeah.. the stock skids arent the greatest.. but unless yorue rocking 37s and plan on doing the hard core stuff.. which.. im sure youre not.. youll be fine. We let everyone know before we hit the rock gardens to take the bi pass and jump in with someone for a ride. There are still a ton of trails to do. stop making excuses!
post #11 of 17 Old 03-14-2012, 06:29 PM
JKO Addict!

man i hope my shocks get here in time. I talked to RK today and they said they should start shipping late next week i hope mine are in that first batch got my fingers crossed

2010 Mango 2dr 6spd Rubicon
PSC BFH front and rear, Warn 9.5cti with viking synth line, Rigid duallys, RROR full skid,
RK 2.5 max travel pro with RRDs, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Tera 44 front, Tera 60 rear with 4.88s
post #12 of 17 Old 03-14-2012, 07:14 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickit1981 View Post
well yeah.. the stock skids arent the greatest.. but unless yorue rocking 37s and plan on doing the hard core stuff.. which.. im sure youre not.. youll be fine. We let everyone know before we hit the rock gardens to take the bi pass and jump in with someone for a ride. There are still a ton of trails to do. stop making excuses!

Yeah I know, we've wheeled Badlands a handful of times in our JK's with my club and a few other groups in the last few years.

Didn't make it out at last year because I just wasn't in the mood to go out, save for a little wheeling in Nevada and Colorado in our Grand Cherokee.

I do want to get out this year, just not this month. Shoot, I've barely got 1500 miles on her already.

post #13 of 17 Old 03-15-2012, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I am gonna try to collect names and phone numbers for those people interested in convoying down from the chicago area on sats morning. Some people are driving down friday night and staying to avoid such an early morning drive. Keep an eye out sunday or monday for posts if you are interested.
post #14 of 17 Old 03-20-2012, 05:17 AM
Rock God

Weather forecast:

If I do go I will go on Sunday...

2009 Deep Water Blue Wrangler Unlimited X
37x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on KMC Machetes
Synergy 3" Coils/Rancho 9000XL Shocks
Currie Antirock
Yukon 5.13's
Sleeves/Gussetts
JKS Rear Trackbar
ProRock 44
Front/Rear ARB Air lockers
post #15 of 17 Old 03-20-2012, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

ok. So we are a few days out. Some people are coming down friday night.. some are coming sats morning. If you are one of the people planning on convoying down sat morning.. post up your name and cell number so we can get those people organized on where to meet up and what time. That way people wont get lost.
post #16 of 17 Old 03-22-2012, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

so I cant get Summers campground to return any of my emails or voicemails.. so they may not be open. If so.. We will be camping out at the Badlands campground.
post #17 of 17 Old 03-22-2012, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

at this point.. looks like we have 26 confirmed...and 6 maybes. This doesnt include people who said they were coming and had friends in rigs coming with them. If we have half of the people who said they were coming it will be a good day. Summers Campground still hasnt replied to any of my emails or voicemails so we are planning on camping at the Attica Family Campground (the Badlands campground). Going to try to get there early and set up camp and be at the lower lot around 10-1030am Indiana time. If people are interested in convoying from anywhere continue to post your info of how you want to be contacted. As far as wheeling sunday goes.. its been discussed and some people sound like they are going to and some not.. so you shouldnt have trouble finding anyone to wheel with. Looking forward to seeing familiar faces out again.. and the new ones!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode