Any Cincinnati JKers here - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 10-16-2011, 06:59 AM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
mgoony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cincinnati, OHIO
Age: 52
Posts: 525
Garage
Feedback: 2 reviews
Any Cincinnati JKers here

Hey, mgoony here looking to get together with some Cinti area jeepers.

Went to Big rock this weekend with 6 JKs looking to see if anyone is planning any other trips out and about in the upcoming weeks.
mgoony is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 21 Old 10-16-2011, 07:03 AM
Rock God
 
TheBlackSheep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Licking County, OH
Age: 40
Posts: 729
Feedback: 0 reviews

hey man a lot of columbus guys and i know there are some cinci ones too - we hit trails that are in southern ohio frequently - probably about the same distance from cinci as columbus 1hr-1.5hrs. keep an eye out in the great lakes section. also, a buddy and i are thinking of going out the weekend of the 22nd earlier in the day saturday to look for some new spots to wheel.

-ryan

O||||O
TheBlackSheep is offline  
post #3 of 21 Old 10-16-2011, 07:25 AM
Granite Guru
 
geod919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Northern Kentucky/Southern Cincinnati
Age: 28
Posts: 244
Feedback: 0 reviews

I'm a NKY/Cincy guy. Steel blue JK, I work downtown 3rd shift. Not a lot of money to wheel, But I can try! haha.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
geod919 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 21 Old 10-16-2011, 07:29 AM
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Independence, KY
Age: 47
Posts: 85
Feedback: 1 reviews

I'm also from the NKY area. Got my Jk done this summer but have yet to take it wheeling. Boating season is now over so I should have more time on weekends to wheel. Hope it ok if my brother tags along in his xj.
KillerKoatings is offline  
post #5 of 21 Old 10-16-2011, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
mgoony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cincinnati, OHIO
Age: 52
Posts: 525
Garage
Feedback: 2 reviews

Ok I'll set something up in the next couple of weeks. Over this past weekend we had a group of 6 jks of all experience levels to Big Rock off road park in ky.

2011 Jeep Green JKUR

Cincinnati JKOs join our Facebook group
CJKC
Cincy JK Crew - rides only, no BS
mgoony is offline  
post #6 of 21 Old 10-16-2011, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
mgoony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cincinnati, OHIO
Age: 52
Posts: 525
Garage
Feedback: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackSheep View Post
hey man a lot of columbus guys and i know there are some cinci ones too - we hit trails that are in southern ohio frequently - probably about the same distance from cinci as columbus 1hr-1.5hrs. keep an eye out in the great lakes section. also, a buddy and i are thinking of going out the weekend of the 22nd earlier in the day saturday to look for some new spots to wheel.

-ryan
Sound good let me know.

2011 Jeep Green JKUR

Cincinnati JKOs join our Facebook group
CJKC
Cincy JK Crew - rides only, no BS
mgoony is offline  
post #7 of 21 Old 10-16-2011, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
mgoony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cincinnati, OHIO
Age: 52
Posts: 525
Garage
Feedback: 2 reviews

Anyone go to the dirty turtle near Sparta? I heard it was a good place for jeeps

2011 Jeep Green JKUR

Cincinnati JKOs join our Facebook group
CJKC
Cincy JK Crew - rides only, no BS
mgoony is offline  
post #8 of 21 Old 10-18-2011, 07:53 PM
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Independence, KY
Age: 47
Posts: 85
Feedback: 1 reviews

I've not been there yet but I have a friend that is a big fan of DTOR. This past weekend Tim Cameron was there with his rig Showtime to try the three bounty hills.
KillerKoatings is offline  
post #9 of 21 Old 10-18-2011, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
mgoony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cincinnati, OHIO
Age: 52
Posts: 525
Garage
Feedback: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKoatings View Post
I've not been there yet but I have a friend that is a big fan of DTOR. This past weekend Tim Cameron was there with his rig Showtime to try the three bounty hills.
That would have been cool to see. Did he make it?

2011 Jeep Green JKUR

Cincinnati JKOs join our Facebook group
CJKC
Cincy JK Crew - rides only, no BS
mgoony is offline  
post #10 of 21 Old 10-18-2011, 09:02 PM
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Independence, KY
Age: 47
Posts: 85
Feedback: 1 reviews

There are three different hills to complete. He got the first and then broke an axles on the second hill. Supposedly he said he had fun and would be back to try again.
KillerKoatings is offline  
post #11 of 21 Old 10-19-2011, 06:36 AM
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Age: 45
Posts: 13
Feedback: 0 reviews

I am located in the cincy area as well. My club "CORE" has an "almost ultimate adventure" planned for 11/11/11 to hit haspin acres and then big rock. Come on out!
94dodge truggy is offline  
post #12 of 21 Old 10-19-2011, 08:15 AM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
mgoony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cincinnati, OHIO
Age: 52
Posts: 525
Garage
Feedback: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94dodge truggy View Post
I am located in the cincy area as well. My club "CORE" has an "almost ultimate adventure" planned for 11/11/11 to hit haspin acres and then big rock. Come on out!
I was going to go out last WE to you meeting then to natural bridge, but then I ran some noob (some not so noob) forum friends to Big rock instead. Ill have to check you guys out.

Mostly Jeeps? Any stockers? I have some friends that are...

2011 Jeep Green JKUR

Cincinnati JKOs join our Facebook group
CJKC
Cincy JK Crew - rides only, no BS
mgoony is offline  
post #13 of 21 Old 10-19-2011, 06:44 PM
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Age: 45
Posts: 13
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoony View Post
I was going to go out last WE to you meeting then to natural bridge, but then I ran some noob (some not so noob) forum friends to Big rock instead. Ill have to check you guys out.

Mostly Jeeps? Any stockers? I have some friends that are...
Wide variety in our club. Most importantly the group is full of great people.
94dodge truggy is offline  
post #14 of 21 Old 10-20-2011, 07:56 AM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
mgoony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cincinnati, OHIO
Age: 52
Posts: 525
Garage
Feedback: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94dodge truggy View Post
Wide variety in our club. Most importantly the group is full of great people.
I gotta make that next meeting next month...

2011 Jeep Green JKUR

Cincinnati JKOs join our Facebook group
CJKC
Cincy JK Crew - rides only, no BS
mgoony is offline  
post #15 of 21 Old 10-20-2011, 08:13 AM
Rock God
 
TheBlackSheep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Licking County, OH
Age: 40
Posts: 729
Feedback: 0 reviews

upcoming ride not far from cinci:

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61174

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61718

guys 'hosting' are coming from columbus, but ppl can always meet up.

O||||O
TheBlackSheep is offline  
post #16 of 21 Old 10-20-2011, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
mgoony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cincinnati, OHIO
Age: 52
Posts: 525
Garage
Feedback: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackSheep View Post
upcoming ride not far from cinci:

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61174

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61718

guys 'hosting' are coming from columbus, but ppl can always meet up.

I know bro. Im busy with non jeep stuff the next 2 weekends or I would certainly be there. I'll meet up with you guys soon enough.

2011 Jeep Green JKUR

Cincinnati JKOs join our Facebook group
CJKC
Cincy JK Crew - rides only, no BS
mgoony is offline  
post #17 of 21 Old 10-21-2011, 02:11 AM
Granite Guru
 
dodge8604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ft. Knox, Ky/Brooksville, Ky
Age: 33
Posts: 438
Feedback: 0 reviews

I'll be back from Afghanistan in December, right now getting my clayton off road lift, gears, lockers, and a few other things thrown on so when I get back to Louisville I'll be ready to wheel!!! Whats Big Rock like? I grewn up 30 minutes from that place but never got to wheel there, whats their requirements to wheel...heard you needed a helmet? Anyways, myself and a buddy of mine thats here with me now will be down to wheel whenever wherever (he drives a mildly modified WJ) Let me know whats planned for after the new year!!!!!

08 JKU X - Flame Red w/ a few Doo Dads
dodge8604 is offline  
post #18 of 21 Old 10-21-2011, 05:28 AM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
mgoony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cincinnati, OHIO
Age: 52
Posts: 525
Garage
Feedback: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge8604 View Post
I'll be back from Afghanistan in December, right now getting my clayton off road lift, gears, lockers, and a few other things thrown on so when I get back to Louisville I'll be ready to wheel!!! Whats Big Rock like? I grewn up 30 minutes from that place but never got to wheel there, whats their requirements to wheel...heard you needed a helmet? Anyways, myself and a buddy of mine thats here with me now will be down to wheel whenever wherever (he drives a mildly modified WJ) Let me know whats planned for after the new year!!!!!
Big Rock is good especially if its 30 minutes away. You need a helmet fot an ATV not a jeep.

The noobie Jeep trail is actually nice. Wide takes you through the property. You dont even need to be in 4WD if you ask me ... The real fun at Big Rock is the ATV Trails that go al over the place especially by the creek. Dropping in and getting out is steep and pretty fun. If its wet an muddy you may need to winch out. Not a bad time 1 hour and 20 minutes away form the northern Cinti loop.

Keep you eyes peeled here. I/We tend to post up pretty often and if you wanted to wheel just about every single weekend.

2011 Jeep Green JKUR

Cincinnati JKOs join our Facebook group
CJKC
Cincy JK Crew - rides only, no BS
mgoony is offline  
post #19 of 21 Old 10-21-2011, 11:49 AM
Rock God
 
TheBlackSheep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Licking County, OH
Age: 40
Posts: 729
Feedback: 0 reviews

if big rock is within 35min of cinci - im sure i could get the columbus dudes to come down at some point for a ride.

also, DODGE8604 - come home safe man. thanks for being there - but please dont die for a fucking haji. we cant afford to lose anymore good americans to those apes.

O||||O
TheBlackSheep is offline  
post #20 of 21 Old 10-21-2011, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
mgoony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cincinnati, OHIO
Age: 52
Posts: 525
Garage
Feedback: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackSheep View Post
if big rock is within 35min of cinci - im sure i could get the columbus dudes to come down at some point for a ride.

also, DODGE8604 - come home safe man. thanks for being there - but please dont die for a fucking haji. we cant afford to lose anymore good americans to those apes.
No from Cinti its a good hour...

2011 Jeep Green JKUR

Cincinnati JKOs join our Facebook group
CJKC
Cincy JK Crew - rides only, no BS
mgoony is offline  
post #21 of 21 Old 10-21-2011, 04:34 PM
Granite Guru
 
dodge8604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ft. Knox, Ky/Brooksville, Ky
Age: 33
Posts: 438
Feedback: 0 reviews

Well its even closer now that my family moved into Maysville. I can get to Big Rock from my grandmother's house in about 6 minutes. I can get to Cincy/NKY in all of about 45-50 min. at speed limit +5mph

I'm always down to wheel though, pending any time i get off work though.

And black sheep, i've been givin it to these sons of biscuits for about 10 months now...they're scared of us, and even surrendered MWAHAH

08 JKU X - Flame Red w/ a few Doo Dads
dodge8604 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome