Coal Creek on July 9-10 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 06-21-2011, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Coal Creek on July 9-10

There are a bunch of guys from the great lakes area heading down to Coal Creek / Windrock on the weekend of July 9-10....
If anyone wants to head down, I am leaving on the morning of the 8th. from the Fort Wayne area, down I 69 to I 65 and south....
Shout out if you are interested and if you would like to convoy....

Should be a good time...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 06-21-2011, 10:57 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Wife's birthday that weekend, so no go for me. I want to check out that park though.
post #3 of 10 Old 06-21-2011, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffins View Post
Wife's birthday that weekend, so no go for me. I want to check out that park though.
You know, there are tons of cabins for rent in the mountains down there! talk the little lady into a long weekend, wheel a day or two, then spend a nice romantic couple days shacked up on top of a mountain someplace!!!

Life is too short to sweat the small stuff... So, if it looks like fun, sounds like fun, and if you think you can get away with it... Go for it!!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 06-21-2011, 07:56 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Not a bad idea, she's happy and I get wheeling with benefits? Not too shabby.

If I didn't already have reservations I'd be down for heading down there with you. Have you been there before?
post #5 of 10 Old 06-21-2011, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Nope, not wheeling anyway... The same group went down last summer, and I was all set to go. packed, jeep was loaded, all I had to do was take a shower after work and hit the road... Bad part was, I did something at work to put my back out!! I was flat out for about 5 days!!! needless to say, I was pretty bummed!!! I'm taking it easy that week..... damn back problems anyway!!

I've been down to Nashville a couple times, it's way cool down there, great wheeling they say.....

Maybe you could work something out.... if not.. there are usually runs to the badlands and other places a few times a summer... we'll hook up sometime...

Life is too short to sweat the small stuff... So, if it looks like fun, sounds like fun, and if you think you can get away with it... Go for it!!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 10 Old 06-21-2011, 08:46 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I'm heading down to the badlands the weekend of Aug. 11th (I think) with a club from up here in MI. That's another park I've really wanted to check out since I moved back to the midwest.

I'll let you know if something changes for that weekend in July.

We need to work on getting more guys over here from that other forum and get some trips planned
post #7 of 10 Old 06-24-2011, 05:32 PM
Wheeler

You'll like the badlands, its got a bit of everything for all levels of wheeling.
post #8 of 10 Old 07-12-2011, 07:31 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

How'd the Badlands run go?
post #9 of 10 Old 07-14-2011, 07:56 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

The coal creek run was just freaking AWESOME!!!!!
14 jeeps in all, Hot dry and sunny all weekend, great bunch of folks, and tons of fun was had by all!!!

Our weekend started out by all of us running some mild trails into the mountains, then splitting up into 2 groups of 7 jeeps at lunch.. From then on it was pure adrenalin for our group!
We were doing more of the difficult stuff, nothing real serious until we got lost in the hills and ended up on some pretty narly extreme ATV trails that we could'nt get out of! Narrow and rough is an understatement!
We had to use the chain saw a couple of times or we would still be out there!!!
We had 1 jeep break a front axle out there, and we had other mostly cosmetic damage throughout, and I broke my e-disco, but we made it out way past dark, hot, tired, and pumped about the day!!!!

Day 2 started out at the base of a trail with a sign which read...."extremely difficult, enter at own risk"!!!!!!!!!
From then on it was power on!!!! single black and double black diamond trails all day!!!!! In fact, one guy bailed after the first trail shaking so bad that we thought he was going into shock!!!!!!! scared the bejesus out of him!!!!!
I went vertical 4 times over the course of the weekend, almost going over all 4 times... talk about PUCKER!!!!!! my e-disco did'nt help things either...
All in all, we had the most awesome weekend, did things I would not have believed a non crawler could do! lost a couple parts in the process, but all in all a good weekend of super wheeling!!!!!
There is definitely going to be more trips down there in my future!!!
But I am going to be beefing up my roll cage and adding better seats with harnesses first!!!!!!!!

post #10 of 10 Old 07-14-2011, 08:20 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Sounds like an awesome weekend, any pictures? I saw some at a place that shall remain nameless and it looks like a gorgeous offroad park. Definitely want to check that place out next summer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode