Drummond Island June 14-15 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 06-03-2011, 07:56 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Drummond Island June 14-15

Anyone gonna be on Drummond on the 14/15? I am driving up from Florida to visit my folks in Hale for about a week then driving up to Drummond for a few days of mild wheeling/exploring. Not going to Turtle Ridge, just exploring the island and staying one night at Pappins Cabins. Will be running my stock tires because of the drive from Florida so just looking for a nice easy, break nothing trip. Who is in?

GO THE EXTRA MILE, IT'S NEVER CROWDED THERE.

/l , [____],
l----L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)------)_)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-03-2011, 01:29 PM
JKO Addict!

Have you been to DI before? There are lots of nice trails around West Branch that would be fine for the stocker tires and wouldn't require you driving another 5 hours further.

Also, unless you find someone to go with you, I wouldn't venture out there alone on the island. The East side of the island has little to no cell reception and very little life anywhere near you so if you get stuck or break, you'll be in trouble.

I'd go, but I can't make it that weekend.

I suggest checking Michiganwheelers.com as many of the members there live in the UP. Or GLFWDA.org.

Support the sport. GLFWDA.org
post #3 of 5 Old 06-03-2011, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I have not been to DI before. The trip is not about serious wheeling...more trail riding and sightseeing. Plus we are spending a few days on Mackinaw Island as well. I have heard there is no cell service on the East side. West Branch is only about 30 minutes from Hale, where I grew up. I have covered many trails around the St. Helen/WB, and Rose City areas, but you may know of some I don't. PM me or post up the trails you are specifically talking about. I posted up on Great Lakes 4x4 hoping some locals would want to for for a trail ride.

/l , [____],
l----L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)------)_)

Last edited by andy0857; 06-03-2011 at 02:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-03-2011, 02:25 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy0857 View Post
I have not been to DI before. The trip is not about serious wheeling...more trail riding and sightseeing. Plus we are spending a few days on Mackinaw Island as well. I have heard there is no cell service on the East side. West Branch is only about 30 minutes from Hale, where I grew up. I have covered many trails around the St. Helen/WB, and Rose City areas, but you may know of some I don't. PM me or post up the trails you are specifically talking about. I posted up on Great Lakes 4x4 hoping some locals would want to for for a trail ride.
I grew up in Prescott. The trails I'm speaking of are the ones you've been on. I have some favorites though just like you probably do. I could give you some gps info if you'd like.

The thing with DI is the fact you are so far from any help if something were to happen. There is a north loop that will take you out to Marble Head that is basically a dirt road. However, as wet as it's been, I'm not too sure I'd explore many of the other trails by yourself. For the most part, a stock jeep could go down there, but then again, there are some holes that will swallow a jeep and you'll be screwed if you're alone.

I'd still check out Michigan Wheelers or GLFWDA. They will likely be way more helpful than GL4x4.

Support the sport. GLFWDA.org
post #5 of 5 Old 06-03-2011, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I will check out those forums. Thanks for the info.

/l , [____],
l----L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)------)_)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode