JK gas tank skid plate & factory front recovery hooks - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 04-30-2011, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

JK gas tank skid plate & factory front recovery hooks

Factory JK front recovery hooks. sold

Also available is a Rockhard gas tank skid plate for the 2007-2011 Jeep JK Unlimited. This is a MUST if you plan on taking your Jeep off-road. Sure the JK comes with a skid plate from the factory, but it doesn't take much to dent that 1/8" thick piece of metal into your gas tank reducing fuel capacity (ask me how I know). If you wheeling anything more aggressive than dirt road or a mall parking lot you're going to want to protect that gas tank with an additional layer of protection offered by the Rockhard gas tank skid plate. The Rockhard gas tank skid plate is 3/16" steel that bolts up over the factor gas tank skid offering added protection. Included are the tapered washers for the forward most mounting points so you're tearing up the bolts sliding over rocks.

The skid is in pretty good shape, not badly smashed up or anything. The powdercoating on the part facing toward the ground is rubbed off, but then that's to be expected because it is doing what it is supposed to, protecting your gas tank.
New this is about $350, I'm asking $215 obo.

I can ship this, but bear in mind it's large and has some weight to it. The last time I looked into it though, it was around $100 to $125 for shipping.

Pic from Rockhard site to show what it looks like installed.

PM me if you would like more info, or to make an offer.

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by kkuntz01; 06-09-2011 at 11:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 05-26-2011, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Bump

Updated pricing.

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 Old 05-26-2011, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Pending deal on recovery hooks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 05-30-2011, 07:55 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

recovery hooks are still available.

updated pic's and pricing.

post #5 of 11 Old 06-02-2011, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Temp price drop through the Sunday the 5th.

It would be nice to move this by the weekend.

Hell, I'll even throw in free delivery if you're coming out to my clubs
Show -N- Shine
event at the Tilted Kilt.

post #6 of 11 Old 06-06-2011, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

bump

weekend sale expired.

post #7 of 11 Old 06-09-2011, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Pending transaction on tow hooks.

post #8 of 11 Old 06-09-2011, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

recovery hooks sold

gas tank skid still available

post #9 of 11 Old 06-09-2011, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

I figure I'd put it out there, but not sure if there would be any interest in it. The last few left over items I have are a rugged ridge roll bar mount fire extinguisher holder and a couple of Warn 3/4", 7/8" pin clevis shackles.

Like new condition on all of it, the clevis shackles were only installed & used twice for two separate wheeling trips, otherwise they sat in my recovery bag.

Post up or PM me if interested. It's no real big whoop if there is or isn't interest, but I'd thought I'd put it out there.

post #10 of 11 Old 06-10-2011, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Pending deal on gas tank skid.

post #11 of 11 Old 06-12-2011, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

gas tank skid plate SOLD

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode