Badlands May 7th - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 04-14-2011, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Badlands May 7th

Here we go again Looks like another Badlands trip coming up May 7th, I know renegade is going to be there with a Liberty group, I'm planning on being there Saturday for some wheelin. Any takers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 04-14-2011, 08:28 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I'm in! So is Travis & Andy.
post #3 of 20 Old 04-14-2011, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Nice, gotta get Travis in on da CB! Compared to the other upgrades he has in line, it's a pretty cheap investment!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 04-14-2011, 09:10 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
Nice, gotta get Travis in on da CB! Compared to the other upgrades he has in line, it's a pretty cheap investment!
Ha Ha-Yeah he needs a CB. I think he would enjoy the trails a little bit more!
post #5 of 20 Old 04-14-2011, 09:17 PM
Wheeler

Looks like I will be there Sunday taking my dad for the first time. I will catch up with you guys next time.

Read more post less
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 20 Old 04-14-2011, 09:21 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Looks like I will be there Sunday taking my dad for the first time. I will catch up with you guys next time.
Have fun! I wish i could join you and your dad! Hope to see you on April 30th!
post #7 of 20 Old 04-14-2011, 11:16 PM
Rock God

6th 7th and 8th ladies and gentlemen!!
if your camping you wanna be there that first night as we plan on having a few adult beverages and checking out everyones jeeps before hand.

check my site out

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 20 Old 04-14-2011, 11:18 PM
Rock God

Quote:
did you get your cb in?

check my site out

post #9 of 20 Old 04-15-2011, 05:10 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Yep, I'm pretty pleased it. The range is nothing spectacular, but it's loud and clear on the trail.
post #10 of 20 Old 04-15-2011, 03:25 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Yep, I'm pretty pleased it. The range is nothing spectacular, but it's loud and clear on the trail.
i think mine only goes a mile or 2. i need to get it retuned

check my site out

post #11 of 20 Old 04-15-2011, 03:54 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms5490renegade View Post
6th 7th and 8th ladies and gentlemen!!
if your camping you wanna be there that first night as we plan on having a few adult beverages and checking out everyones jeeps before hand.
So there will be some people wheeling the 8th?

Read more post less
post #12 of 20 Old 04-15-2011, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms5490renegade View Post
i think mine only goes a mile or 2. i need to get it retuned
Same here, I'm pretty sure having a short antenna (3-4ft) and the tip coming up less than a foot above the roof line makes for short range. IIRC a 102" whip that is very well grounded is the only way to be getting 10+ mile range and that is still very limited by weather conditions and interference.
post #13 of 20 Old 04-16-2011, 06:33 AM
Granite Guru

That will be the weekend we head to Daytona for JeepBeach. At this point I am still waiting for the front DS that I ordered from Northridge
Probably gonna see you April 30 tho

08 X Unlimited.Jeep Green. 4.5" AEV Nth Degree. Rubi rock sliders, LineX'd nerf bars. MotoMetal 909's. 35x12.5x17 Nitto. Billet grille. Daystar Dash, Hood Wranglers and tire bumpstops. Rugged Ridge liners,front XHD bumper. Recon 10.5, neoprene covers. sPOD. KC Daylighters windshield lights. Pocket flares by TAG. JKS front and rear adjustable trac bars. Expedition One Trail Series rear bumper, Rock Krawler arms, Evo sleeves, RCVs, 4.88s, ARBs
post #14 of 20 Old 04-16-2011, 08:26 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaines View Post
That will be the weekend we head to Daytona for JeepBeach. At this point I am still waiting for the front DS that I ordered from Northridge
Probably gonna see you April 30 tho
Wow still waiting on that DS! Is it being custom made? See you on the 30th. Wish we were all convoying to jeepbeach with ya!
post #15 of 20 Old 04-16-2011, 11:36 AM
Granite Guru

I ordered it from Northridge 4x4 the Monday before the last run, it's a coast double cardan that was supposed to ship the next day. I called Thursday and was told it will be here this coming Monday. 2 weeks, but hey the shipping was free that will probably be my first and last order to them.
It would be nice to have a big convoy down to JeepBeach! This is our first time going and only my second time to FL. Looking forward to it!

08 X Unlimited.Jeep Green. 4.5" AEV Nth Degree. Rubi rock sliders, LineX'd nerf bars. MotoMetal 909's. 35x12.5x17 Nitto. Billet grille. Daystar Dash, Hood Wranglers and tire bumpstops. Rugged Ridge liners,front XHD bumper. Recon 10.5, neoprene covers. sPOD. KC Daylighters windshield lights. Pocket flares by TAG. JKS front and rear adjustable trac bars. Expedition One Trail Series rear bumper, Rock Krawler arms, Evo sleeves, RCVs, 4.88s, ARBs
post #16 of 20 Old 04-16-2011, 03:13 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
I ordered it from Northridge 4x4 the Monday before the last run, it's a coast double cardan that was supposed to ship the next day. I called Thursday and was told it will be here this coming Monday. 2 weeks, but hey the shipping was free that will probably be my first and last order to them.
It would be nice to have a big convoy down to JeepBeach! This is our first time going and only my second time to FL. Looking forward to it!
I've heard good things about Coast DS's. May have to make a convoy of Indy Jeeps to JeepBeach next year!!!
post #17 of 20 Old 04-16-2011, 03:53 PM
Granite Guru

That would be great. My wife and I are staying at my stepmothers time share just down the road from the event. But the host hotel is 99-149 a night if you pre register.
I'm hoping the Coast DS works out well. I got the rear control arms on finally, so she should be ready to play.

post #18 of 20 Old 04-16-2011, 06:36 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
That would be great. My wife and I are staying at my stepmothers time share just down the road from the event. But the host hotel is 99-149 a night if you pre register.
I'm hoping the Coast DS works out well. I got the rear control arms on finally, so she should be ready to play.
Did you get a front or rear driveshaft? Or both? Let me know if you need any help getting it on your jeep. Or if you just need some company when you put it on. I'll bring a 6-pack of your favorite cold beverage!
post #19 of 20 Old 04-16-2011, 09:21 PM
Granite Guru

I just got the front DS for now, a year and a half with the 4.5" lift an the factory DS was starting to spit some grease. It's still good, I just pulled it before problems arose. Always room for company when doing mods, I'll let you know when I go to do it. I also plan on a rear shaft, but that will be later this summer.

post #20 of 20 Old 04-16-2011, 11:13 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
So there will be some people wheeling the 8th?
yep. i havent decided if i will or not. funding is a bit low right now for me.
we have some people coming down on sunday

check my site out

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode