Jeep run to and Blessing of the jeeps event April 29 - May 1 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 03-24-2011, 07:42 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Jeep run to and Blessing of the jeeps event April 29 - May 1

Blessing of the Jeeps and Michigan weekend run April 29 - May 1.

I did this last year and it turned out to be a lot of fun. We only had 4 jeeps but the trails and camping was a great time. Let me know if you would like to join in. I will set meeting places and times once we get closer but below is a rough agenda.

Friday morning:
Meet at Rocks and Valley's and wheel until 3 or 4

Friday evening:
Head to Cadillac and camp at the State park or get a hotel room.

Saturday morning:
Meet for breakfast and head to the blessing as a group. Spend the Day at the Blessing and enjoying the events.

Saturday night:
Camp fire dinner and trail tails. We won't have Zach there this year so we will have to make fun of something else besides his tent. (Sorry Zach you may never live it down.)

Sunday:
Break camp grab break and head for Silver lake Sand Dunes. If I can map it correctly we will run some two tracks on the way there thru the Manistee National Forest. We will get to the dunes around lunch time and have 2-3 hours to play on the dunes.

Rocks and Valleys:
http://rocksandvalleys.com/

Blessing of the Jeeps:
http://www.cadillacjeepers.com/Cadil...igan/Home.html

Silver Lake Sand Dunes:
http://www.thinkdunes.com/

Manistee Forest:
http://www.midnr.com/publications/pd...ycle_trail.pdf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-30-2011, 11:31 AM
Granite Guru

I may try to come up possibly Saturday/Sunday. All depends if I can get all my parts installed and Jeep back together by then.

Teraflex 4" Lift with 8 Flexarms - Mickey Thompson Classic Locks - 35" Goodyear MTR with Kevlar - Shrockworks Mid Width Front Bumper - Shrockworks Full Width Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier - SkidRow Oil/Tranny skid plate - Rock Hard 4x4 JK Evap Canister Skid Plate - Coast Front and Read Driveshaft - Teraflex Front/Rear Differential Covers - Superchip Flashpaq - Mile Marker 9500 - KC SlimLights - ARB on-board air/CB/Ham radio - Yukon 5.13 - Sleeved and Gussets
post #3 of 6 Old 03-30-2011, 03:51 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Highly recommend making this trip. I wish I could swing it this year, but I will definitely be in on it next year. I'm going to start saving now to get my new tent from fisher price so i'm ready.

You all better take lots o pics and post em up.

And I hope we can get to bundy hill when i come out

1972 Commando on Tons & 40s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 03-30-2011, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Hey I just picked up a new tent it is really cool.

YouTube - Instant Tent by Eldorado Outdoor Products

I set it up the first time in less than 30 seconds crazy easy and well made too. The owner is out of Calorado and if you call he answers the phone himself. If anyone is interested I can get you a 15% off coupon.
post #5 of 6 Old 03-30-2011, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joneszj View Post
Highly recommend making this trip. I wish I could swing it this year, but I will definitely be in on it next year. I'm going to start saving now to get my new tent from fisher price so i'm ready.

You all better take lots o pics and post em up.

And I hope we can get to bundy hill when i come out
Hey Zach I just finished installing Polly performance ball joints, inner axle seals and a BDS steering stabilizer with relo bracket. Can't wait to drive it tomorrow. I'm still working on Kim for a PA trip this summer.

Last edited by wings fan; 03-31-2011 at 03:52 AM.
post #6 of 6 Old 04-24-2011, 08:24 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

bump for a cool trip.

I must've missed that post about the sleeve...did you do that yourself?? How hard was the install? I just got the Rough Country steering relocation which should mount my steering stabilizer over on the drivers side by the pumpkin. Looks to be a nice little set up. I have to order the ball joints, mine are shot and I thought I had placed the order a while back when it was a pre-order but I think I was dreaming. lol...

And guess who might be working on getting a Dana 60 and Sterling 10.25. Details are sketchy at the moment, but I have a good feeling. It goes without saying that even IF I end up getting them, they wouldn't be under my jeep for a while. Its over at my buddy's shop, where we still have not got to work on the tube fenders. He's building a King of the Hammers buggy right now thats gotta be ready for the qualifier this May 21st. Tube fenders may come, but I'm really hoping on these axles....Shhhhhh.....don't tell anyone.

1972 Commando on Tons & 40s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode