Badlands March 5th - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 03-01-2011, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Badlands March 5th

Heading to Badlands in Attica, IN this Saturday March 5th. If anyone is intrested let me know, it should be a good time! I'll be leaving the Indianapolis area early Saturday morning if you want to meet before making the trek.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 03-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I wish i could join you for the trip. I'll be driving out to Richmond that morning to pick up some Rubicon rails for my jeep. Keep me posted on when you go up there next time!
post #3 of 12 Old 03-01-2011, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Will do!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 03-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

DAMN IT i seriously think you all have a plot against me going....every trip for the past several months has been on my weekend to work (i work every other weekend).....so have a good time, and take some pics to share!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #5 of 12 Old 03-01-2011, 08:38 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaJeep View Post
DAMN IT i seriously think you all have a plot against me going....every trip for the past several months has been on my weekend to work (i work every other weekend).....so have a good time, and take some pics to share!
we have one may 6,7,8th if your intereested in that?

check my site out

post #6 of 12 Old 03-02-2011, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Getting close to the weekend, still no takers?
post #7 of 12 Old 03-03-2011, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Also, I have an open seat if anybody in Indy wants to ride along. The guy that was supposed to come with me is unable to come now. If anyone is interested let me know.
post #8 of 12 Old 03-03-2011, 07:38 PM
Wheeler

I'm headin out that morning also. (the 5th). I am meeting a guy in Brownsburg at 7:15. I guess it is winterfest. Sounds like it might be busy. Let me know if you guys want to meet up.
post #9 of 12 Old 03-07-2011, 08:32 PM
Rock God

any pix from this run?

check my site out

post #10 of 12 Old 03-08-2011, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

post #11 of 12 Old 03-08-2011, 10:17 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms5490renegade View Post
any pix from this run?
No real pics. We had a bad day. One of the XJ's we were with broke rear control arms which jammed the rear driven shaft into the t-case. After we got the drive shaft out so he could drive in FWD, he learned that the front ring and pinion or front locker was shot or both. Couldn't drive out, we had to tow it back to his trailer.

As we headed out to try to catch up with a group on the green trail, going down one of the hills we heard a loud pop. Believe to be a front ring/pinion. Had to limp back to pk lot. Luckily the first guy was just leaving the pk lot when we called and was able to catch a ride back to Indy to get a trailer to head back to get the XJ I was in.

Needless to say my 7yo was very bored that day, spent the first hour working on one, then the next hour unloading our stuff into another vehicle to drive home.
post #12 of 12 Old 03-08-2011, 11:14 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy jj View Post
No real pics. We had a bad day. One of the XJ's we were with broke rear control arms which jammed the rear driven shaft into the t-case. After we got the drive shaft out so he could drive in FWD, he learned that the front ring and pinion or front locker was shot or both. Couldn't drive out, we had to tow it back to his trailer.

As we headed out to try to catch up with a group on the green trail, going down one of the hills we heard a loud pop. Believe to be a front ring/pinion. Had to limp back to pk lot. Luckily the first guy was just leaving the pk lot when we called and was able to catch a ride back to Indy to get a trailer to head back to get the XJ I was in.

Needless to say my 7yo was very bored that day, spent the first hour working on one, then the next hour unloading our stuff into another vehicle to drive home.
im no longer a fan of xj's so im not surprised. that really sucks tho. hopefully next time will be alot better

check my site out

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode