Michigan wheeling day trip? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 10-29-2010, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Michigan wheeling day trip?

Ok, it's been talked about for a while but nothing has happened, so here goes.

I propose a Sundays worth of wheeling around the West Branch area in the next month or so. There is a new rock course that has been built in the St. Helen motorsports area that will be open this weekend. An ORV sticker is required for the motorsport area so spend the $16.25 because I'm not looking to break any laws.

Post up if you are interested in going and when would work best. I'm very familiar with the area and can lead a group around.

Edit: Rifle season starts on Nov. 15. Legally, we can still go, but it's never really a good idea. So early Dec. would likely work best. Maybe we'll be luck and even have some snow.

So, how about Dec. 5, 12, or 19? Post up and pick some dates and we'll set something up.

Support the sport. GLFWDA.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 10-30-2010, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Wow, nobody wants to wheel?

post #3 of 15 Old 10-30-2010, 02:00 PM
Rock God

I would be down for thisÖ Iím going to have to get together with the wife and calendar to see which of the date/dates might workout for me. I hit up [email protected] a few weeks ago; you been there yet OZ?

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it." -Ronald Reagan-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 10-30-2010, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

I keep missing R&V. Every time I know of a group going, I can't make it. Really, I haven't wheeled much at all this summer. Been too busy on the house.

Personally, I prefer more of the trail riding anyway. I like the challenges of a park, but I get bored quickly. I'd rather do some nice scenic stuff, with some challenges here and there to keep it fun.

I have a couple friends that have been asking about wheeling so I figured I'd offer it up here as well seeing as the other thread keeps talking about getting a group together. Should probably try to keep it under 10 or so rigs though. I guess we will see what happens. If I don't hear some dates thrown out, then I'll just pick a date and whoever shows up shows up.

I work weekends so that's why I'm thinking just Sunday. I may end up taking Sat. off though too so if people want to do a weekend thing it may be a possibility.

post #5 of 15 Old 10-30-2010, 02:25 PM
Granite Guru

Send a message via MSN to JTs-JK Send a message via Yahoo to JTs-JK

I really have to get out there and do some wheelin. My wife is from TC and I guess I'll have to work a wheelin trip into one of our visits.
JT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 15 Old 10-30-2010, 02:51 PM
Rock God

I barely got out my self this year; in fact, I never got around to buying an ORV permit this year. This is the first time in recent memory that I havenít purchased one. In fact, the one I purchased last year just rode around in my glove box, so I figured I would hold off buying one this year until I knew for sure Iíd even use itÖ

With the limited time Iíve had this year I just hit up a couple of the parks. Hands down Rocks and Valleys is the best park in Michigan. They are constantly changing things up at [email protected], I have spent 5 days there since they opened, and Iím not sure Iíve even hit everything yet.

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it." -Ronald Reagan-
post #7 of 15 Old 10-30-2010, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTs-JK View Post
I really have to get out there and do some wheelin. My wife is from TC and I guess I'll have to work a wheelin trip into one of our visits.
JT
There are some nice trails. Nothing all that difficult, but some nice scenic trails. Most are able to be traveled by a stock rig. For harder stuff, the parks are where you need to go. Also, if you like to explore, the UP is hard to beat. I've done some trips across the UP where we stayed off pavement except for gas and food. Lots of cool hiking places to waterfalls and such too. Hit me up when you're around and I'll show you some nice stuff. TC doesn't really have much for state trails all that close, but it's within an hour or two of pretty much everything you could want. Drummond Island would be worth the trip and is only about 90 minutes away.

post #8 of 15 Old 10-30-2010, 06:04 PM
Granite Guru

My wife and I should be able to drive down to St. Helen. I will need to get the skids back on since they now have some nice rocks in place.
post #9 of 15 Old 10-31-2010, 09:30 AM
Wheeler

I will go, I can be available on any of the weekends you listed.

-Don
post #10 of 15 Old 10-31-2010, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

The rocks in St. Helen are built to challenge everything from stockers up to some very built rigs. The rest of the trails in the area are fairly tame, with some tighter stuff and some scenery. Great for a day trip.

post #11 of 15 Old 11-02-2010, 08:07 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I am moving to MI in Decemeber and would like to go, but I will be moving into the house trying to get it ready for christmas. I want to get out, so if you all go other dates, please post them up.

Thanks.

River City Offroad
Metal Cloak
post #12 of 15 Old 11-02-2010, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMG006 View Post
I am moving to MI in Decemeber and would like to go, but I will be moving into the house trying to get it ready for christmas. I want to get out, so if you all go other dates, please post them up.

Thanks.
I like to get out as often as possible. Once the snow flies ill be going quite a bit. Just shoot me a pm when you are ready and we will go.

post #13 of 15 Old 11-04-2010, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Last chance to put ideas in for dates. Tomorrow, I'm going to pick a day...

post #14 of 15 Old 11-04-2010, 05:45 PM
Granite Guru

I would be interested, but all depends on work and probably would not know till the last minute. I have been trying to get someone to wheel on the east side of the state, but everyone from a few other forums seem to alway go somewhere on the west side of the state. Pick a date and I will try and get up that way.

Teraflex 4" Lift with 8 Flexarms - Mickey Thompson Classic Locks - 35" Goodyear MTR with Kevlar - Shrockworks Mid Width Front Bumper - Shrockworks Full Width Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier - SkidRow Oil/Tranny skid plate - Rock Hard 4x4 JK Evap Canister Skid Plate - Coast Front and Read Driveshaft - Teraflex Front/Rear Differential Covers - Superchip Flashpaq - Mile Marker 9500 - KC SlimLights - ARB on-board air/CB/Ham radio - Yukon 5.13 - Sleeved and Gussets
post #15 of 15 Old 11-07-2010, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Dec. 19th. See new thread:

https://jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39828

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode