Any good Trails for Southern Illinois??? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 02-29-2016, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage
Any good Trails for Southern Illinois???

Any trail roads around the Southern Illinois area...looking for any trail rides to head out on???

Just a Jeep!
2010 JKU Rubicon Deep Water Blue Pearl TF CT4 Long Arm kit, HD adj track bars, high steer/flip kit, knuckles & ball joints AntiRock sway bars front/rear 5.38 gears, EVO sleeve/gusset/custom trussed Ten Factory Chromo axle shafts RH HD crossmember SB oil pan/trans/T-case skidplates KMC 17 x 9 Machete XD229 beadlocks 37" Toyo RTs SuperChip FP B&M Trans cooler SB flat metal fenders N-Fab steps/bars Ace aluminum inner fender VKS front/rear bumpers 11.5K Superwinch

Last edited by Shadow_Grey; 03-01-2016 at 11:57 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-20-2016, 01:42 PM
Granite Guru

There is a Jeep only club over by Pittsfield. All private land. You have to be a member except the one weekend they do a fundraiser. Two Rivers Jeep Club.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-28-2016, 07:28 AM
JKO Addict!

In Illinois you're pretty limited for off road options. You didn't specify where exactly in Southern Illinois you are, but there might be some forest trails you can run in Shawnee National Forest or Trail of Tears State Forest. You'll want to do some research first to see if they allow vehicular traffic on them before going.

Other than that your options are pretty limited unless you've got someone who owns a large tract of private land or you plan on traveling a fair distance to The Cliffs in Marseilles, IL, The Badlands in Attica, IN, Red Bird in Indiana or any number of other parks in surrounding states.

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 03-28-2016, 08:04 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

Live to the Southeast of the ST. Louis Metro area and so far in my searches, Illinois is not real off road friendly (I do know a few farmers but they are pretty protective of their land due to rut and erosion problems). I assume I will have to get with the STL people and figure out where and when they all go.

Just a Jeep!
2010 JKU Rubicon Deep Water Blue Pearl TF CT4 Long Arm kit, HD adj track bars, high steer/flip kit, knuckles & ball joints AntiRock sway bars front/rear 5.38 gears, EVO sleeve/gusset/custom trussed Ten Factory Chromo axle shafts RH HD crossmember SB oil pan/trans/T-case skidplates KMC 17 x 9 Machete XD229 beadlocks 37" Toyo RTs SuperChip FP B&M Trans cooler SB flat metal fenders N-Fab steps/bars Ace aluminum inner fender VKS front/rear bumpers 11.5K Superwinch
post #5 of 5 Old 03-28-2016, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

This is what I found so far for National Forest... Still looking for a list of State owned and Privately owned off-road parks and areas.

Just a Jeep!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode