GLJT Newbie run 05-02-10 Pic's - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 05-04-2010, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

GLJT Newbie run 05-02-10 Pic's

Well what started off as a not so pleasant morning with good old mother nature attempting to rain on our parade turned out to be a pretty good day. I have to say it was quite a site to see 17 Jeeps (a nice mix of JK's/YJ's/TJ's/XJ's and even a ZJ) convoying down US-41 on our way to the Badlands. The not so pleasant weather didn't stop the 18 rigs from coming out and having fun. By the time we reached the Badlands the rain had stopped, though it was still a little overcast most of the day with the Sun showing it's face intermittently through out the day. We started our day with the drivers information meeting educating everyone in the importance of some of the basics of why we do what we do like airing down our tires, disconnecting the sway bar and the proper "tools" to use to perform a safe recovery. As luck would have it everyone had an opportunity to see safe recoveries performed in a number of different ways using the tools of the using recovery straps and winches in various ways. On the whole, I think we faired pretty well with not a lot of trail damage save for a few people. As we know, anytime we takes our rigs on the trail we always run the risk of some sort of damage, though we do our best to avoid it.

Click here for all My Pictures

The Convoy

Arrival at the Badland

And we're off...

The group. Excellent turnout, 18 rigs in total.

Safe recovery demonstration

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-04-2010, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Whtjp98 making his way throught the rock garden.

Wild Thing making her way through the rock garden.

How can this kid be sleeping as he's riding up the rock garden? :?:

Me attempting to making it through, but getting denied.

Houston, we've got a problem.

A hasty exit.

The carnage.

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old 05-04-2010, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Wild Thing climbing a wall in the quarry.

BP trying to show off (or scare his girlfriend).

Whtjp98 showing off the flex of his long arm system.

Last edited by kkuntz01; 05-08-2010 at 07:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 05-04-2010, 10:46 PM
Granite Guru

Great pics and thanks for sharing. Looks like it was a lot of fun. One day I am going to get down there.

Teraflex 4" Lift with 8 Flexarms - Mickey Thompson Classic Locks - 35" Goodyear MTR with Kevlar - Shrockworks Mid Width Front Bumper - Shrockworks Full Width Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier - SkidRow Oil/Tranny skid plate - Rock Hard 4x4 JK Evap Canister Skid Plate - Coast Front and Read Driveshaft - Teraflex Front/Rear Differential Covers - Superchip Flashpaq - Mile Marker 9500 - KC SlimLights - ARB on-board air/CB/Ham radio - Yukon 5.13 - Sleeved and Gussets
post #5 of 9 Old 05-05-2010, 05:09 PM
Rock God

Looks like you guys had fun! Should've been me having carnage...Next time for sure!

2010 Jeep Wrangler 2dr Rubicon with a part from everyone...
post #6 of 9 Old 05-06-2010, 05:42 AM
Granite Guru

Actually, next time should be May 23.... although I think this was posted from another forum altogether.
post #7 of 9 Old 05-06-2010, 07:46 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagrmaister View Post
Next time for sure!
GLJT's next big wheeling event is summer bash at the end of July. Everyone is more than welcome to join in that. I'll post more details as we get closer to that date.

post #8 of 9 Old 05-08-2010, 07:24 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

I found a little more. The below is from some of the vid shot, though I'm still trying to figure out how to edit the vid and post it.

JackHammer provided the first winching demonstration of the day. Up to this point it all fun and games, but the moment the winch line got unspooled it was all business. The GLJT crew cleared the kill zone of people and vehicles. Once the rig doing the winching was lined up, they popped the hood back as an added measure of protection should the worst happen and the winch line break and the line weight not to its job. The rig also got tied off to a vehicle in behind it in the event it started to get pulled forward while under load. In the end he was winched out of the rock garden, his rig fixe and back on his way.

post #9 of 9 Old 05-09-2010, 11:19 PM
Granite Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to ChicagoNative

very cool, wish I could've been there.

Ian

2007 JK Unlimited X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode