Help w/ out-of-state run in May (Guys from Ohio) - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 03-26-2010, 06:03 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Help w/ out-of-state run in May (Guys from Ohio)

Myself & a couple guys I wheel with want to do an out of state run toward the beginning of May sometime.

Harlin, KY is out cause we've been there 4-5 times each.

Rousche Creek is out b/c the Hammer's qualifier is there for a week.

We thought about the Badlands, but one of the guys that is probably going said he wasn't real impressed with it. Any thoughts on this?

Has anyone been to RiverRock in PA, I think that's what it's called?

Throw out some other options for us or anyone want to meet up?

'08 Unlimited Sahara - Hemi -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Fenders & Rockers -
Bumpers - Ramsey 9500UT - WTOR Hydro Assist - Etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 04-11-2010, 05:49 PM
Granite Guru

Never have been to the badlands but it looks pretty close to the type of wheeling I did in AZ....I'm wondering why he wasnt impressed?

It is more comfortable for me, in the long run, to be rude than polite.

08 2dr x model (Because I'm cheap)
Some dark red color....no it's not purple
Bigger than stock tires, winch front bumper and some other expensive sh*t to make my jeep look cool...(sold my children to afford it all)
post #3 of 14 Old 04-12-2010, 05:43 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

He said they got bored, haven't seen him recently to ask why.

Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
Fenders & Rockers -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 04-12-2010, 05:51 AM
Rock God

Hey Prope let me know when you guys pick a spot to wheel, I'd like to maybe come along.

Póg mo thóin!
post #5 of 14 Old 04-12-2010, 05:52 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Will do! We are leaning towards Rock Run, a new place in PA right now. Let me know if you have any better ideas!

Fenders & Rockers -
post #6 of 14 Old 04-12-2010, 06:27 AM
Rock God

Looks like a nice site from what I saw on their web. Blue and green trails would be good. Not ready for the black trails as I don't have lockers, or a winch yet and they say (expect body damage and have roll-over protection . Looks like we might want to avoid 5/8/10 due to it being $5.00 day and it might be busy? You guys gonna camp their? Camping site is $10 a site (1 tent/camper).

http://www.rockrunrecreation.com/Default.aspx

Póg mo thóin!
post #7 of 14 Old 04-12-2010, 07:02 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

I find descriptions like that to be funny, I've wheeled blacks at many parks in KY & WV & have only come away scared once, but that was due to a torenchal downpour that came when I was in the middle of the obsticle making the rocks super slick! We'll get you through, haha! We have a couple guys that are open open that we get through tough trails unscathed... but I'll leave that up to you!

If you are bored this weekend, let me know, we are wheeling on our land Saturday. Hopefully the weather holds out!

Fenders & Rockers -
post #8 of 14 Old 04-12-2010, 07:12 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prope View Post
He said they got bored, haven't seen him recently to ask why.
Harlan is great. Badlands are great. I've been to the Badlands a lot, only living a short distance from them. I don't find them boring and in fact I don't think it's possible to run everything in the park in one day. Like anywhere else it helps to go with someone that knows the area and can show you around, otherwise you won't find the good stuff and you will get board.

What about Tellico? Too far?
post #9 of 14 Old 04-13-2010, 05:53 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxx View Post
Harlan is great. Badlands are great. I've been to the Badlands a lot, only living a short distance from them. I don't find them boring and in fact I don't think it's possible to run everything in the park in one day. Like anywhere else it helps to go with someone that knows the area and can show you around, otherwise you won't find the good stuff and you will get board.

What about Tellico? Too far?
I agree Harlan is great & good to hear you like the Badlands! Tellico is a bit too far & I think it got "temporarily" shut down or it'd be on the list.

Fenders & Rockers -
post #10 of 14 Old 04-13-2010, 06:45 AM
Granite Guru

Have you looked into Slade, KY?
post #11 of 14 Old 04-13-2010, 07:21 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxx View Post
Have you looked into Slade, KY?
Nope, never heard of it, I'll take a look.

Fenders & Rockers -
post #12 of 14 Old 04-13-2010, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

From what I can find; Slady, KY was shut down in 2006. Do you have info showing otherwise?

Fenders & Rockers -
post #13 of 14 Old 04-13-2010, 08:55 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prope View Post
From what I can find; Slady, KY was shut down in 2006. Do you have info showing otherwise?
I don't know. I haven't been down there since 2005.

http://www.4wdandsportutility.com/fe...ing/index.html

Doesn't sounds closed to me. Check here:

www.kentuckykrawlers.org

I'd try and get in on one of their scheduled rides if its just a few of you, it helps to have someone that knows the area down there.
post #14 of 14 Old 04-13-2010, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Excellent, thanks for the info!

Yeah, I always try to get locals to go with us when we go out of our territory. That way you don't end up on someone elses land! We don't allow anyone on our trails without someone in the club with them for that reason.

Fenders & Rockers -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode