OH JKers BS Thread - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 103 Old 02-28-2010, 08:04 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

OH JKers BS Thread

Just moved to Dublin, OH and thought I would start this Bull Sh*t thread like we had going for the Arizona section.

I guess just post whatever you want: Pictures, video, good links, trail info or just talk a little sh*t to keep the OH roll call going!

It is more comfortable for me, in the long run, to be rude than polite.

08 2dr x model (Because I'm cheap)
Some dark red color....no it's not purple
Bigger than stock tires, winch front bumper and some other expensive sh*t to make my jeep look cool...(sold my children to afford it all)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 103 Old 02-28-2010, 08:05 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Here are some videos I took a little while ago...

YouTube - Jeep Fun in the Desert

YouTube - Lifted Jeep JK

Bigger than stock tires, winch front bumper and some other expensive sh*t to make my jeep look cool...(sold my children to afford it all)
post #3 of 103 Old 02-28-2010, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

OK- so I'm breaking the rules. I don't live in Ohio, but grew up there- just north of Worthington/ Columbus- so I spent a lot of time in Cols, Delaware, Dublin, Westerville, etc.

I miss it, but have family that still live in central Ohio- so I normally visit once or twice a year.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 103 Old 02-28-2010, 11:14 PM
Granite Guru

Great videos. Wish we had some trails like that here in Michigan. Thanks for sharing the vids, they were great.

Teraflex 4" Lift with 8 Flexarms - Mickey Thompson Classic Locks - 35" Goodyear MTR with Kevlar - Shrockworks Mid Width Front Bumper - Shrockworks Full Width Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier - SkidRow Oil/Tranny skid plate - Rock Hard 4x4 JK Evap Canister Skid Plate - Coast Front and Read Driveshaft - Teraflex Front/Rear Differential Covers - Superchip Flashpaq - Mile Marker 9500 - KC SlimLights - ARB on-board air/CB/Ham radio - Yukon 5.13 - Sleeved and Gussets
post #5 of 103 Old 03-01-2010, 06:07 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Well next time you're coming up this way give me a shout...I don't know the area yet and have not been wheelin anywhere here...YET!

The trails in AZ are amazing! Problem is you just dont get any mud...ever.

post #6 of 103 Old 03-03-2010, 11:06 PM
Granite Guru

Toledo here. No trails round here either...

March 13/14 some jeeps from the local club are heading up to an off-road park in MI if anyone is interested...

Hopefully somebody wants to head out from here!

Let me know if anyone's interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSFROW View Post
So I guess you're calling him a dick for pointing out something dangerous, which kinda makes you a dick for calling him out and well holy fuck, it makes me a dick for calling you a dick.
post #7 of 103 Old 03-07-2010, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Wish I could make it! Make sure to upload some pics though...

post #8 of 103 Old 04-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbuckenmeyer View Post
Toledo here. No trails round here either...

March 13/14 some jeeps from the local club are heading up to an off-road park in MI if anyone is interested...

Hopefully somebody wants to head out from here!

Let me know if anyone's interested.
Anyone make it back with any videos?

It is what it is... So IT had better be damn good...
post #9 of 103 Old 04-11-2010, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Yup, some pics or videos would be nice

post #10 of 103 Old 04-11-2010, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Ok, so I have only been here since January and the rust seems to be getting darker and darker underneath....how the hell do I stop it?

post #11 of 103 Old 04-11-2010, 08:37 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyJKproject View Post
Ok, so I have only been here since January and the rust seems to be getting darker and darker underneath....how the hell do I stop it?
Haha... I go through 10+ cans of rustoleum a year, so go buy some & maybe some stock in it and get used to spraying!
You're welcome to come up an wheel with us next weekend since it looks like we're going to have a small crew, about an hour from you, we have about 40 miles of trails and lots of rocks. My cell is three three zero, two three one, three two five zero... give me a call if you want to come wheelin'.

'08 Unlimited Sahara - Hemi -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Fenders & Rockers -
Bumpers - Ramsey 9500UT - WTOR Hydro Assist - Etc.
post #12 of 103 Old 04-11-2010, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I'm going to risk sounding like an idiot here but here goes....Do I need do brush off the surface before spraying whatever it is I'm spraying? Do I rinse the area first then let it dry?

Obviously Ive never even thought about rust living in AZ for the last decade!

I travel for a living so I'll check my schedule and see if I can make it out there next weekend. Also have another buddy with a YJ that might make it...do you have a landmark I can look up on a map to see the actual distance from me?

post #13 of 103 Old 04-11-2010, 01:26 PM
Rock God

Welcome bro to Ohio and the rust belt. Dublin, thats about an hour or so from me. Glad to see more guys from Ohio.

I have been pondering the same approach to combat the rust. I have a thread around here some where that I got some other good suggestions if rust has set in. Here it is:

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26230

I think here in a few weeks I and going to scuff up the rust, wash it down good and try the POR or Eastwood. If I get to it before you I'll keep ya posted. If you find something that works better let us know.

Póg mo thóin!
post #14 of 103 Old 04-11-2010, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

DRIVING ME INSANE!

post #15 of 103 Old 04-11-2010, 04:04 PM
Rock God

wire brush the real scaley stuff and get rustoleum professional gloss or semi gloss, it seems to stick the longest and be the best way to keep the rust at bay. If you use the gloss, the salt & dirt washes off a lot easier.

I would just spray it really good with the paint, doesn't look like you have much that will wire brush off.

Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
Fenders & Rockers -
post #16 of 103 Old 04-11-2010, 04:06 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk_techcrash View Post
Welcome bro to Ohio and the rust belt. Dublin, thats about an hour or so from me. Glad to see more guys from Ohio.

I have been pondering the same approach to combat the rust. I have a thread around here some where that I got some other good suggestions if rust has set in. Here it is:

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26230

I think here in a few weeks I and going to scuff up the rust, wash it down good and try the POR or Eastwood. If I get to it before you I'll keep ya posted. If you find something that works better let us know.
POR is great stuff, make sure you wear gloves when you use it though, cause it'll stick to you forever! It's a pita to get into tight areas though.

Fenders & Rockers -
post #17 of 103 Old 04-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyJKproject View Post
I travel for a living so I'll check my schedule and see if I can make it out there next weekend. Also have another buddy with a YJ that might make it...do you have a landmark I can look up on a map to see the actual distance from me?
Mapquest Millersburg Ohio & we wheel close to there, actually about 15-20 minutes toward you from Millersburg.

Fenders & Rockers -
post #18 of 103 Old 04-11-2010, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prope View Post
Mapquest Millersburg Ohio & we wheel close to there, actually about 15-20 minutes toward you from Millersburg.
Gotcha, I'll let you know If I can make it.

post #19 of 103 Old 04-11-2010, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Ok...took some of this shit

And after using a wire brush and rinsing I sprayed it on this shit

And got this out of it

May be just a quick fix but it sure as hell looks a lot better than before!
And my HiLift was getting a little red too....looks way better now!!

post #20 of 103 Old 04-12-2010, 05:50 AM
Rock God

Looks great! Just think you only have to do that 2-3 times a year! Gotta love Ohio.

Fenders & Rockers -
post #21 of 103 Old 04-14-2010, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Gotta do a quick KY business trip tonight through fri night so I wont be able to make it on Saturday. I'll have to hit you up again sometime soon.

post #22 of 103 Old 04-14-2010, 09:54 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDozarian View Post
Anyone make it back with any videos?
yep, check a few threads down from this in great lakes... links to pics and I think some vids too.

edit: link https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25491
Heading up to Bundy Hill again this weekend, on Sunday if anyone's interested in going. If so, PM me.

Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSFROW View Post
So I guess you're calling him a dick for pointing out something dangerous, which kinda makes you a dick for calling him out and well holy fuck, it makes me a dick for calling you a dick.

Last edited by rbuckenmeyer; 04-14-2010 at 09:57 PM. Reason: added link
post #23 of 103 Old 05-01-2010, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Looks like fun! So does everyone have to have a whip and flag out here?

Last edited by MyJKproject; 05-01-2010 at 08:00 PM.
post #24 of 103 Old 05-05-2010, 06:55 AM
Wheeler

Myjkproject, where did you live in Az? I just moved from Phoenix last month. I am now in Northeast Ohio. Where is Dublin at?
post #25 of 103 Old 05-16-2010, 08:25 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiojk View Post
Myjkproject, where did you live in Az? I just moved from Phoenix last month. I am now in Northeast Ohio. Where is Dublin at?
Right here

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode