badlands jan 2nd - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 12-27-2009, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

badlands jan 3rd

hello to all and nice forum. i am looking to go wheeling and break in my new jeep. was wondering if any of you are interested in going on sat? i know there will be 2 or 3 of us with jks going up to the badlands and would like to invite any of you that want to go as well. here is a picture of my new work in progress it is about a month old now and my first jk,but the 32nd jeep i have owned (all cj's till now).

2010 Rubicon unlimited / rock krawler long arm
ome +40 long travel lift / 17 spyderlocks / 38 bfg km2's/ 5.38 gears/ sleeves
poison spyder customs crusher flares/ body armor/ diff covers/rocker knockers
lod stubby ftont and rear/ evap skid/ coast driveshaft 1310/ rcv & superior axle shafts
warn powerplant / aev drag link flip/ currie tie rod/ reid knuckles, prosteer ball joints
c2 gussets and lca skids/ rock stars/ speed bumps/ rk tranny pan/ redneck ram hydro assist

Last edited by codysanders; 12-29-2009 at 08:12 AM. Reason: date change to the 3rd of jan not jan 2nd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 12-27-2009, 02:02 PM
Rock God

Wish we lived closer to the Badlands... would love to check it out sometime. Have fun and post up some pics when you get back so we can see what it's like!!
post #3 of 18 Old 12-27-2009, 06:48 PM
Granite Guru

I also wish that I lived closer, maybe sometime in the summer I can get down that way. Been wanting to get down that way, but too far to travel that week.

Teraflex 4" Lift with 8 Flexarms - Mickey Thompson Classic Locks - 35" Goodyear MTR with Kevlar - Shrockworks Mid Width Front Bumper - Shrockworks Full Width Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier - SkidRow Oil/Tranny skid plate - Rock Hard 4x4 JK Evap Canister Skid Plate - Coast Front and Read Driveshaft - Teraflex Front/Rear Differential Covers - Superchip Flashpaq - Mile Marker 9500 - KC SlimLights - ARB on-board air/CB/Ham radio - Yukon 5.13 - Sleeved and Gussets
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 12-29-2009, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

i also wish you guys were closer. looks like we have a bunch of pansies here in indiana. not even a post from someone from indiana (or a welcome). well it looks like the date will now be the 3rd of jan (sunday) if that helps anyone out. had to change the day but there are 3 of us going as of now.

lod stubby ftont and rear/ evap skid/ coast driveshaft 1310/ rcv & superior axle shafts
warn powerplant / aev drag link flip/ currie tie rod/ reid knuckles, prosteer ball joints
c2 gussets and lca skids/ rock stars/ speed bumps/ rk tranny pan/ redneck ram hydro assist
post #5 of 18 Old 12-29-2009, 08:28 AM
Rock God

Yeah, it seems like the "Great Lakes Area" is kind of dead a lot of the time. Either we're all too spread out, there's no good places to wheel or we need to recruit a bunch of new members in this area!!
We tend to hibernate a lot in the winter here in Northern WI and not wheel too much - too cold to fuck around in the snow if you get stuck!
post #6 of 18 Old 12-29-2009, 09:47 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

welcome from Columbus, IN.......my JK isn't ready for the trails at Badlands as far as i'm concerned. I took my TJ a long time ago but it was set up better. It'll get there someday...

Post pics when you're back!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #7 of 18 Old 01-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Rock God

Any pics?

post #8 of 18 Old 01-08-2010, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

here is a link to hundreds more

http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z...view=slideshow

and another

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/r...view=slideshow

post #9 of 18 Old 01-09-2010, 12:38 PM
Rock God

Welcome aboard, and glad to have you, just be sure to stick around... It's kinda slow in GL section here, but there is only one way that will change; the rest of the forum makes up for it.

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it." -Ronald Reagan-
post #10 of 18 Old 01-09-2010, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

thanks. i have noticed that about the gl section. i would like go up to michigan and wheel as well what is good up there.

post #11 of 18 Old 01-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by codysanders View Post
thanks. i have noticed that about the gl section. i would like go up to michigan and wheel as well what is good up there.
A few good parks, Rocks and Valleys and Twisted Trails are both great, but they would be quite a drive for you; a weekend trip or it wouldn’t be worth it for you... There is a new park Bundy Hill that opened up in Southern MI, I have been there once and it's a work in progress, but it has potential...

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it." -Ronald Reagan-
post #12 of 18 Old 01-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Rock God

Looks fun! Thanks for the pics.
post #13 of 18 Old 01-30-2010, 08:22 PM
Wheeler

Welcome Cody,

Good to see someone else likes the badlands. Can't wait to meet you there some time.

2008 JK Rubicon 4" Lift
37" x 12.5 x 18s
LOD Offroad Bumpers and Rails
Back up Camera
Nav/Dvd
Smitty Built Winch

It's a Rock Get Over It!!!
post #14 of 18 Old 02-05-2010, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

thanks and that would be great. we are doing a run down to redbird feb 27 if you want to come. it is near linton indiana. 10 bucks and well marked trails. we have a very active great lakes group over on the other forum and i will keep you posted of our runs if you like.

post #15 of 18 Old 02-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Granite Guru

Interested in where Redbird might be located. I am in Floyds Knobs, right by Louisville on 64. Close by?

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." A.Einstein
post #16 of 18 Old 02-09-2010, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by codysanders View Post
thanks and that would be great. we are doing a run down to redbird feb 27 if you want to come. it is near linton indiana. 10 bucks and well marked trails. we have a very active great lakes group over on the other forum and i will keep you posted of our runs if you like.
i sized it up for you so you can speed read now lol. mabey i should make a new post about it

post #17 of 18 Old 02-09-2010, 03:31 PM
Granite Guru

Missed it the first time. Thanks.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." A.Einstein
post #18 of 18 Old 02-15-2010, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

your welcome.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode