Any drivetrain shops in Detroit metro area? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 06-29-2009, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Any drivetrain shops in Detroit metro area?

I just wanted to know if any of you guys in the Detroit metro area know of a good driveshaft shop, maybe a shop that can regear me as well. I'm not sure yet how much money I have to work with, so I'm not sure if I am going to wait on the regear or not, but at the very least, I will need new driveshafts sooner rather than later.
Thanks for any help you all can provide!

1972 Commando on Tons & 40s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-30-2009, 02:48 PM
JKO Addict!

Check out Jeeperz-Creeperz in Wyandott. Kevin can help you with the regear, and can point you in the right direction for driveshafts.
post #3 of 6 Old 06-30-2009, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Nice man. He's actually the guy who did my lift install!!! didn't even think to ask when he did it, but I know once I go wheeling for real, the driveshafts are going to be an issue. We'll see how it goes for now, but once it goes, I'll definitely be giving him a ring again.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 07-01-2009, 12:24 AM
JKO Addict!

How much lift do you have? I'm running about 3 inches and haven't had any problems with my driveshafts.

I know some people that are over 4 inches and have quite a few miles on their stock driveshafts. I'm not saying they will last forever, but I wouldn't exactly be worried to get them on before you ever go wheeling either unless your lifted a bunch.

Also, Kevin is the webmaster over at GLFWDA.org. I don't know if you have checked out the site, but it's worth checking out. It's the site about teaching safe and legal wheeling as well as fighting for wheelers rights. There are lots of great people as well that would be willing to take you out and break in that JK properly! Hit me up anytime if you want to do some wheeling.
post #5 of 6 Old 07-01-2009, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Nice man. Sounds good. I have a 4 inch Superlift and I checked out the angle...it's not terrible, but it makes me nervous for when I do actually hit the trails. The front ds angle is much more extreme than the rear. But...its fine for now. Where do you wheel around here? I'm from near Philly and been out here about 2 years now and I've only ever been to the Dunes. I'm definitely down to go wheeling whenever pretty much. Let me know where theres some good spots!

post #6 of 6 Old 07-01-2009, 05:52 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joneszj View Post
Nice man. Sounds good. I have a 4 inch Superlift and I checked out the angle...it's not terrible, but it makes me nervous for when I do actually hit the trails. The front ds angle is much more extreme than the rear. But...its fine for now. Where do you wheel around here? I'm from near Philly and been out here about 2 years now and I've only ever been to the Dunes. I'm definitely down to go wheeling whenever pretty much. Let me know where theres some good spots!
The closest spot is the Mounds Offroad Park in Mt. Morris. Lots of mud, but there are some fun tight sections to play in if you know where to look. Definately head out there with another rig though because many of the water holes are bottomless so be carefull. There is also a rock course being built.

Other than that, you have to go further north. Rocks and Valleys Offroad park is in Harrison, and Twisted Trails is in Copemish. Then there is always Turtle Ridge on Drummond Island. As for state trails, there are lots of fun ones on Drummond, but for a little less challenge West Branch is hard to beat. Miles and Miles of trails right off the highway. Nothing extreme, but entertaining and scenic. I want to do a little exploring sometime in the near future further north of West Branch as I've never played up there, but there are lots of trails up that way if you are interested. I have to do some scouting for next years Migration anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode