Question about UP Mich. Off roading - : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 07-25-2013, 06:37 AM Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2013
Age: 57
Posts: 5
Feedback: 0 reviews
Question about UP Mich. Off roading

Hi folks.
I am quite new to this and new here obviously but I have a few questions for my Michigan friends. I have in-laws in the UP Calumet area and will be going up with my 2013 J/K in October. Yes its still basically dressed in its stock clothes (for now) but I am wondering what the deal is with the off road license. First off can I ride the jeep on the trails in Houghton/Baraga County? Secondly do I need a license and if so where can I get one locally (in the UP)?
I want to do things legal and heard that you need a sticker. Otherwise if you have any suggestions or tips about wheeling up there I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Captain 105 is offline  
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 Old 07-25-2013, 08:03 AM
Granite Guru
MrJones944's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
Posts: 331
Feedback: 0 reviews

You can go to Michigan DNR website and order an ORV sticker. I think its like 15-20. DNR officers are few and far between but you definitely want the sticker if youre going offroad. I don't think youre going to have a problem riding a lot of the trails in that area. I took a stock sahara through there years ago without issue. Would ride with a 2nd vehicle though to be on the safe side.

2012 Rubicon Unlimited

Its almost done!!!!!!!!!!!
-Dan Jones
MrJones944 is offline  
post #3 of 4 Old 07-25-2013, 10:43 AM
Granite Guru
08detyelJP's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Detroit
Age: 45
Posts: 309
Feedback: 0 reviews

You can get the sticker at Meijers or almost any sporting goods store. Just take your registration in with you and they will print it out right there.

$16.25 for the sticker BTW.
08detyelJP is offline  
Sponsored Links
post #4 of 4 Old 08-01-2013, 06:59 AM
Join Date: Jul 2013
Age: 51
Posts: 20
Feedback: 0 reviews

if you are talking about running seasonal roads, you don't even need the ORV sticker, but any ORV routes that are not also considered roads would require the ORV sticker, and as mentioned most sporting goods places, including Meijer's sell ORV stickers, they print them out of the hunting license machines.
swampjeep is offline  
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome