"THE LIST" Where To Wheel In FL and The South East - Page 2 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #26 of 48 Old 01-18-2010, 04:31 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant211 View Post
don't know where exactly it is, but there is a place in Cocoa off I-95... maybe somebody will be nice enough to post the directions.
Are you referring to 5A/Scottsmoor just north of Titusville, but south of Daytona on I-95? If so it is the Scottsmoor exit Look for sign to either Crystal Lake RV park or Stuckway Rd. The "entrance" is on the west side of I-95.

Last edited by Loki646; 01-18-2010 at 04:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #27 of 48 Old 01-18-2010, 05:05 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki646 View Post
Are you referring to 5A/Scottsmoor just north of Titusville, but south of Daytona on I-95? If so it is the Scottsmoor exit Look for sign to either Crystal Lake RV park or Stuckway Rd. The "entrance" is on the west side of I-95.
thats the one! Thanks
post #28 of 48 Old 06-03-2011, 01:48 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant211 View Post
thats the one! Thanks
There is a place in Cocoa Fl, There are continued efforts to keep us out due to littering dumping of old tires,boats broken beer bottles ect. If these people would clean up after themselves life would be better for all of us. I won't say any more than this. There is no place to park outside of this destination so you must drive straight in and out when you come and go. I will also add the people who ride these trails are not friendly at all. I would say your best bet is 5A. I was there last week and it is very dry. In a few weeks with some rain most of the trails will be under water " Good if the water is your thing" Personally I like the dryer trails now owning a new 2011 JK.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #29 of 48 Old 09-22-2011, 07:44 AM
Wheeler

And if you’re coming in from the West it would be Maytown for us guy’s from O-Town that is……….

Go as slow as possible, and as quickly as necessitated…………

post #30 of 48 Old 09-22-2011, 07:59 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

when are we going to meet beachside for a run??? 5a is good!!! lets set something up one saturday!!!! or SOMETHING!!! i dont want to go alone anymore and play in the mud... Vanna wants to stretch her legs.... and i am done running up and down the FPL Trails and National gaurd trails here in Palm Bay.....

-Marc
2010 JKU -- 3.5" RE Lift -- EVO LCAs -- ARTEC Truss and TB mount -- 17" Procomp 7069 -- 37" Maxxis Treps -- Heated Trucklite Headlights -- Synergy Drag flip -- Synergy TR -- Synergy bj's-- EVO 1/4 Pounder -- EVO Tire Carrier -- 4 gal rotopax -- TF Third Row -- China AEV Snorkel

Coming up:
D60 Front 99-04 Ford ARB w/ 5.38
14 Bolt rear ARB w/ 5.38
EVO Long Arm
40/42” MTR's
17" Spyderlock Beadlocks
post #31 of 48 Old 09-22-2011, 01:18 PM
Wheeler

If you’re in Palm Bay you need to go to Suburban Estates, Holopaw (Private Area key access) just South of SR192 @ US441 west side of US441, or too the Triple Canopy Ranches (Private Area key access) off of SR60 just west of the Kissimmee River, south on CR630 east side of road, north side of the Avon Bombing Range, you should have a snorkel for either place because they will be wet in season. When I'm home it's out every weekend and a couple of time each week, but I'm stuck in Yankee Land at this time family matters I'll be back in O-Town shortly.......

Go as slow as possible, and as quickly as necessitated…………

post #32 of 48 Old 01-02-2012, 04:47 AM
Wheeler

There's a hunting ground that you're allowed out on we found. The closest address to the entrance of this place is 9855 county road 13 s Hastings, Fl 32145. It's a pretty big place but only a couple of things we've found so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHnz...e_gdata_player
^^that's me at the entrance leaving for the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRYz...e_gdata_player

Hope this helps

2011 Flame Red 2dr Wrangler Rubicon, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, Extended Breatherlines, 4' Firefly Antenna, Uniden Pro520xl, Rock Krawler 2.5 Stock Mod Lift, Bilstein 5100's, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn M8000, Rugged Ridge XHD Snorkel
post #33 of 48 Old 01-02-2012, 05:31 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardo View Post
There's a hunting ground that you're allowed out on we found. The closest address to the entrance of this place is 9855 county road 13 s Hastings, Fl 32145. It's a pretty big place but only a couple of things we've found so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHnz...e_gdata_player
^^that's me at the entrance leaving for the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRYz...e_gdata_player

Hope this helps
Could you elaborate on whose ground (property) it is and how permission was obtained? Feel free to PM if you don't wish to post.....I'd just like to "know" if it's ok to wheel somewhere.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #34 of 48 Old 01-02-2012, 05:41 AM
Wheeler

Pm'd

2011 Flame Red 2dr Wrangler Rubicon, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, Extended Breatherlines, 4' Firefly Antenna, Uniden Pro520xl, Rock Krawler 2.5 Stock Mod Lift, Bilstein 5100's, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn M8000, Rugged Ridge XHD Snorkel
post #35 of 48 Old 02-08-2012, 05:52 PM
Rock God

Garage
North Georgia?

Has anyone taken any trips up to N. GA for some wheeling. I got a Living Social deal for a B&B up there. I was thinking wheeling trip.

Any input on N. GA?

-Scott S.-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'07 2Dr Silver Rubicon
post #36 of 48 Old 03-14-2012, 07:47 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleJK4x4 View Post
Has anyone taken any trips up to N. GA for some wheeling. I got a Living Social deal for a B&B up there. I was thinking wheeling trip.

Any input on N. GA?
My buddy has gone up to Helen Ga and said there looked like some decent wheelin, but he was alone and wasn't gonna risk it.

post #37 of 48 Old 05-03-2012, 07:15 PM

the humps!

anybody been to the humps in south fla near homestead in a while? dont know the exact location but it is a good time.
post #38 of 48 Old 05-03-2012, 09:11 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleJK4x4 View Post

Any input on N. GA?
In N Ga you will basically find Forest Service Roads. However, one jewel is Beasley Knob, near Blairsville. State owned property. I'll see if I can dig up a link.

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

post #39 of 48 Old 05-03-2012, 09:41 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

IMO, this FL wheelin needs to be broken down these wheelin categories: mudding, forestry roads, parks, private land and Hardrock. Each should come with a description of the area. Each is different to everyone. For me, anything south of Ocala sucks. Mud, flat and boring and nothing to see but mud and weeds. Each is different for everyone. Florida is mostly mud holes from top to bottom. If you like that kinda stuff cool and cleaning your rig for hours.
post #40 of 48 Old 05-04-2012, 05:17 AM
Rock God

Garage

Wow, nice to see people exchanging playing spots...
On the local Jeep forum, 4x4 forum, etc, you can't even talk about trails because, you know, it's secret...
Only the Great Elite 4x4 Guys are allowed to wheel...
If you talk trail, you must not tell where it is or how to get there.
People get all but hurt when you mention locations, and the Elite Forum Guys will edit your posts, remove pictures, etc...
Only if you pay to be a "privileged club member" you're allowed to know the secret.
It's ridiculous.
We used to discuss trails all the time but some new Elite showed up and they took control it seems...
post #41 of 48 Old 05-04-2012, 06:52 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoxxis View Post
Wow, nice to see people exchanging playing spots...
On the local Jeep forum, 4x4 forum, etc, you can't even talk about trails because, you know, it's secret...
Only the Great Elite 4x4 Guys are allowed to wheel...
If you talk trail, you must not tell where it is or how to get there.
People get all but hurt when you mention locations, and the Elite Forum Guys will edit your posts, remove pictures, etc...
Only if you pay to be a "privileged club member" you're allowed to know the secret.
It's ridiculous.
We used to discuss trails all the time but some new Elite showed up and they took control it seems...
I am sure it's because fucktards are careless and stupid and fuck the trails/area up. I've seen it personally down here. Just stupid shit. And then people wonder why the police show up randomly to trails/areas that are already questionable to be wheelin at down here in the first place. Then the fines/towing of rig etc. The is always a jackwagon in the area.
post #42 of 48 Old 05-04-2012, 08:36 AM
Rock God

Garage

Yeah there are retards that steal cars and bring them on the trail and burn them down...
Or they pass on the trail entrance neighboor's lawn with their buggys...
Etc etc.
Always a fuktard to spoil it for everyone else...

Some young boy also did donuts on some school's soccer field with a pickup...
The press jumped on the story and started saying that the 4x4 guys are stupid and we destroy the city's property, etc...
So good thing, some 4x4 guys went on site, took more pictures, went to a sand pit and took other pictures, and they went public to show that the tracks on the soccer field was from a 2 wheel drive pickup truck, NOT a 4x4...! (also no mud tire tracks, only road tires...)
It ended well but you know... Public opinion and all...
post #43 of 48 Old 10-08-2014, 11:30 AM
pie
Wheeler

I hate to necrobump but most of those links are dead. Is there a updated list somewhere?
post #44 of 48 Old 01-05-2015, 01:28 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Richloam WMA is always fun! just make sure you are with someone who knows the area or have a winch and snorkel. Citrus WMA also has some fun wheeling but I heard FWC was out there this last weekend giving Jeepers written warning for riding on non designated trails. if you ride in any Florida WMA make sure you keep to the designated trails or you will be ticketed. they are cracking down hard.

2011 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
- 3.5" Rubicon Express lift /w 1.25" BL
- 5.38 Yukon gears
- 40" Pro Comp MT2's
- Lot's of extra's
post #45 of 48 Old 11-08-2015, 06:50 PM
Wheeler

Some of the link on the 1st post are dead...so my question is as a new Jeeper....where is the closest place to ride to the Tampa area?

thanks!
post #46 of 48 Old 01-22-2016, 07:09 AM
JKowners Vendor

Surprised Lazy Springs never got added!
http://www.lazysprings.com/

"At the corner of Lee, Collier and Hendry Counties"

It's a fun place to spend a day. A bit on the expensive side IMO...
-Chris

Jeep Parts and Jeep Accessories
We offer Price Match, Military, Law Enforcement & Special Forum Discounting
Plus Free Shipping on Orders Over $75*!
Please PM us for any questions.
post #47 of 48 Old 07-09-2016, 02:52 PM
Wheeler

Great info.
post #48 of 48 Old 07-09-2016, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

I see that @TCdawg has his sig filled-out with the ( awesome) tag for "Crawlin' for Reid" that took place there back in May but no other mention of the premier SouthEastern crawling location that is Adventure Offroad Park and Nature Center ( AORP) that is owned by the folks of Tom's 4x4 & where some of the best trails can be found & competitions take place .

A definite place to visit and spend a weekend.

The most action is at their facebook site ---> https://www.facebook.com/adventureoffroadpark/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode