Vacation :) - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 03-12-2011, 06:19 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Vacation :)

Hey Guys,

I'm planning a little trip down to Florida this June to see my cousin in the Tampa/ Sarasota area with the JK. Looks like I am going to be camping on the beach on Siesta Keyyay! Any JK owners in the area? Or meets around Tampa I can crash while i'm there? Also any ideas of what to do while i'm down?

Thanks!
Can't wait to meet ya!

Jenna
OF4WD #6031
Durham4x4.com

2009 Sahara*Deep Water Blue*315/75R16 Mickey Thompson MTZ*Procomp Series 52 Rims*OME 2.5" Lift*Interior Line-X*Superwinch LP10,000*Benchmark Designs Oil Pan & Evap Skid*Bushwacker Flat Flares*ORE Rock Rails & Trail Table*TMR Front Bumper*LOD Shorty Rear Bumper*4 Hella 500 Lights*JKS Quicker Disconnects*ARB Air Compressor*Tuffy Underseat Drawer*SeatGlovers*Cobra75wxst*Firestick*Daystar Dash Panel*Grill Mod*Mirror Mod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-12-2011, 08:16 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

You should bump up your time table and come down for Jeep Beach in May ...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 10 Old 03-12-2011, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I wish, but unfortunatly I don't get to pick my vacation from work. So its June 7-16. Anything good I should stop and see on my way down?

Jenna
OF4WD #6031
Durham4x4.com

2009 Sahara*Deep Water Blue*315/75R16 Mickey Thompson MTZ*Procomp Series 52 Rims*OME 2.5" Lift*Interior Line-X*Superwinch LP10,000*Benchmark Designs Oil Pan & Evap Skid*Bushwacker Flat Flares*ORE Rock Rails & Trail Table*TMR Front Bumper*LOD Shorty Rear Bumper*4 Hella 500 Lights*JKS Quicker Disconnects*ARB Air Compressor*Tuffy Underseat Drawer*SeatGlovers*Cobra75wxst*Firestick*Daystar Dash Panel*Grill Mod*Mirror Mod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 03-13-2011, 06:47 AM
JKO Addict!

bunch of us in the area.... and I sould have another JK under my arse by then. Would have to be a group thing cause Jun 10 in my 11th anniversary and a meetup with a Jeep Chick (especially a canadian....mmmm shania twain) would not be prudent

2015 JKU Sport Virgin
post #5 of 10 Old 03-13-2011, 07:15 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
I wish, but unfortunatly I don't get to pick my vacation from work. So its June 7-16. Anything good I should stop and see on my way down?
Not sure exactly what your drive route looks like, but if you are crossing via Buffalo,NY then definitely stop to see Niagara Falls. If you are traveling I-90 to I-79 to I-77 to I-95 to I-4, then you will be passing through a few major cities like Pittsburgh(PA), Charlotte(NC), Savannah(SC), St. Augustine(FL).

Maybe a few of the locals from these places will pipe up on some suggestions. If motor racing is your thing, the NASCAR Hall of Fame is in Charlotte. Savannah has some great historical sites and plantation homes to see. Savannah is also home to the Low Country Mud Rats a local Jeep Club...PM Joker (Lee) if you want to try and squeeze in a possible meet and greet or trail ride.

St. Augustine is also another great place for historical sites being the oldest US city and with the famous Castillo de San Marcos National Monument and St. Augustine Lighthouse it in my opinion is a great place to burn up a day of site seeing. The climb to the top of the lighthouse is worth it for the great bird's eye view that you get at the top and a great place to take photos.

Hope the info helps....either way have a safe and enjoyable trip...

/

post #6 of 10 Old 03-13-2011, 07:55 AM
Granite Guru

Their is lots to do and see once you are here, really their is to much to do and see, so It just depends on your interests If water is your thing then you will be in heaven,although some times June can fell like HELL.Orlando is about 2 Hrs away and is great for us big kids.Key West is Great but a bit far. So toss out some things you like to,or want to do and maybe some of us locals can through some ideas your way. Good luck and maybe we will run into ya around town.
post #7 of 10 Old 03-13-2011, 08:25 AM
Rock God

June camping on Siesta beach OuchBring an AC and some bug spray ..Like B-town said lots to do in our little part of the planet. Any ideas on what you may want to check out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nootherride View Post
for sure... you guys are wound a little tight
.... remember your supposed to stop the q-tip when theres resistance
post #8 of 10 Old 03-13-2011, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I was down last Feb with family and we stayed on Anna Maria Island, went to a Lightning game and the Tampa Aquarium. Did some parasailing with the kids (you locals thought we were crazy for parasailing in Feb btw) some shopping at st. armands circle (sp?) Never got to see the shark tooth beach my cousin was telling us about. I grew up in Bermuda so anything water is awesome... cause I miss it! Would love to be able to meet up with some of you. And I will definitely check out the sights Loki mentioned on the way down. Pretty much up for anything. I will be living out of the Jeep so I'm willing to travel as long as I'm back in Ontario for work by the 17th at 8pm !! lol

Jenna
OF4WD #6031
Durham4x4.com

post #9 of 10 Old 03-13-2011, 04:26 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to D5Fire

There are a few of us In the Columbia SC area, Im sure we could figure something out even if its a day trip to somewhere like Charleston SC. Its kinda like Savannah only better.

Fortis cadere, cedere non potest

Poison Spyder BFH w/ trail stinger, custom rear BFH, crusher flares, rocker knockers, evap skid, hood louver. Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel, Teraflex rear tire carrier, River Raider cowl snorkel,Warn VR 10,000 lbs winch, sPod, Rigid 50"SR.
post #10 of 10 Old 03-13-2011, 04:38 PM
Granite Guru

Well lets see.. you could go deep sea or flats fishing if you fish with one of the charters.If not you could rent a kayak or jet ski and run around the bay. You could run up north 2 hrs to Ocala and go to Rainbow or Juniper springs and Tube or Kayak the rivers ( Very Nice 72 degrease year round).You could also do some jeepin their as that is probably the best spot in Fl.Time permitting take the key west express fast cat for a LONG day on the water and check out Key West,that leaves from Ft Myers. Those are some of my ideas but their is So much more
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode