KEYS - need to get extras made - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 02-15-2011, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Question KEYS - need to get extras made

need to make a spare copy w/chip - dont want to spend a lot - any Jeep Jk key info - in central Florida area - Orlando Ocala??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 02-15-2011, 08:43 PM
JKO Addict!

most likely dealer only

08 2 door (yes they made them) 3.5 RK lift, 35s lunchbox locked 30 front 44 LSD rear

Ocala Jeep Club CERT member. Nation's 1st jeep CERT team

Proud to be deplorable

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 Old 02-16-2011, 12:40 AM
JKO Addict!

I don't know if it applies to Jeep or not, but today while getting a remote start installed in my girls new Edge, the guy told me that you can program new keys with your current keys, but you need two to do so. If you lose one key before programming a third, you have to go to a dealer and it becomes much more expensive. He said you can pick up blanks on ebay for cheap. Program with your two current keys, and have it cut like normal.

Again, I don't know if it's true or not, but worth looking into further.

Support the sport. GLFWDA.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 02-16-2011, 04:37 AM
Rock God

if you have two you can program a new key. you can buy the blanks off ebay for about $20. or ace hard wear has the keys and can program them for about $50 last time i checked

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukecage View Post
If I hear banjos I'm out! I almost feel like an alien being a black guy in a jeep already, this is gonna be a real adventure
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 13 Old 02-16-2011, 05:54 AM
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607

Yeah what these guys have said, I researched it and if you have two you are golden, if not then the dealer gets to spank you in the rear. And Ebay for the blanks and get them cut locally somewhere. I need to do it but that lazy thing keeps getting in the way or the fact when I get on ebay there is about a week or so of random packages showing up on the front door and my wife no longer likes the excuse that I was trying to give my fat lazy spoiled french mastiff something to bark at and earn her keep. If no one can find the instructions pm me to let me know and I will dig around to where I saved the info and link and post it as it is either on my Iphone or laptop and i'm at work right now. It is one of those key flip back and fourth, open door close door, scratch your left then right testicle all while holding your tounge in the right spot making weird faces routines to get it to work.

2008 JK 4Dr Rubicon
Stone white
Mygig W/Uconnect working.
Hard top/Auto tranny
First mod, dog slobber.
Painted hard top
Spidertraxx 1.5 spacers
Teraflex 3" lift
Currie front lower control arms
JKS front and rear adj. track bars
Euroefx HID kit, high/low beam and fogs
Shrockworks rear full width, tire carrier

Post count from the "other" place when i was following the "herd" was 692 on 4-2-09, not a noob...

post #6 of 13 Old 02-16-2011, 07:46 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Here's a write-up

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23711

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #7 of 13 Old 02-17-2011, 03:47 PM
Rock God

two original keys is the kicker
post #8 of 13 Old 02-17-2011, 05:50 PM
Wheeler

I have available a new in the bag key mopar part # 1-68039414AA has the lock/ unlock and a circle with x2 in the center? I have an 07 with half doors and got this by mistake and could not use it, if you have any intrest in it send me an e-mail
post #9 of 13 Old 03-10-2011, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRRUBI View Post
I have available a new in the bag key mopar part # 1-68039414AA has the lock/ unlock and a circle with x2 in the center? I have an 07 with half doors and got this by mistake and could not use it, if you have any intrest in it send me an e-mail
thanks for offer - im not sure it would work as my key has no numbers on it - i found a pix of # 1-68039414AA and it LOOKs the same (mine does not have the x2 starter button but has a place for it???) - anyway, im intersted in it!!! Thanks, Tom
post #10 of 13 Old 03-10-2011, 05:45 PM
Wheeler

Hey Tom I sent you a e-mail.
post #11 of 13 Old 03-10-2011, 07:40 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokhopr View Post
need to make a spare copy w/chip - dont want to spend a lot - any Jeep Jk key info - in central Florida area - Orlando Ocala??
I just ordered a couple of extra keys from http://www.autotransponder.com/ and the should be here next week. I'll get 'em cut and program them myself and let ya'll know. I'll probably forget to re-post about it so you might pm me end of next week.
post #12 of 13 Old 03-23-2011, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Ok - after trying a number of options, i came up with this guy on EBAY (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OEM-J...item1c182e0027

and got two blanks with programable fobs for $54 EACH and the local JEEP dealer chagred $60 to program all 3 keys (my orginal and the two new keys - all get reprogramed) - so, im out $163 - sucks, but thats that.
post #13 of 13 Old 03-23-2011, 11:17 AM
Rock God

Garage

Hum, with your 54$ keys you're good to go.
Just program them like instructed in the owners manual...
Man, it takes 30 seconds to program...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode