Location questions? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 02-15-2011, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Location questions?

Looking forward to joining the Navy this coming up Summer after I graduate. Looking to get into the Pensacola or Jacksonville Naval hospital.

What do you guys think about the two areas? Basic cost of living to having fun and wheeling info would be great.

I'll take whatever info and tips you wish to share.

07 JKU Rescue Green with 3.5" RK Mid-Arm Flex w/ Bilstein 5100s, 5.13's, Eaton E-Locker, 35" MT Baja ATZ, 17" DC Torque wheels, Monstalined tub, Home-made front bumper with Smittybilt XRC-8 winch, Wild Boar rack w/ IPF 968 lights, K&N Intake, Gibson Exhaust.
Future Mods: 2wd-4wd conversion = completed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-15-2011, 05:50 PM
Rock God

Garage

I live in J ville, and chill with Matanzas jeep club. They're a cool bunch people and we all ride when we get the chance...

Just my 2 cents...
post #3 of 9 Old 02-15-2011, 05:53 PM
Coonasian

Garage

I don't live in Pensacola but it's close enough to visit regularly and I love the area. It doesn't seem expensive to me. Thanks for your service from another navy vet!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 02-15-2011, 06:14 PM
Rock God

Garage

I lived in Ft.Walton Beach, right down the road and it was FLAT. They did have speedbumps though

Poison Spyder BFH w/ TRail Stinger,Teraflex Budget Boost,Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers,Warn M8000,AEM Cold Air Intake,DIY Fender chop
Pro Comp Wheels
Pro Comp Extreme All Terrain tires
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediamaxim View Post
I won't even SQUINT, WHICH IS SAD WHEN I'm F-ING ASIAN!
post #5 of 9 Old 02-15-2011, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
I don't live in Pensacola but it's close enough to visit regularly and I love the area. It doesn't seem expensive to me. Thanks for your service from another navy vet!
I submit my application for direct accession in a few weeks. I hope it all works out. Looking to put in my time and give thanks to people like you.

07 JKU Rescue Green with 3.5" RK Mid-Arm Flex w/ Bilstein 5100s, 5.13's, Eaton E-Locker, 35" MT Baja ATZ, 17" DC Torque wheels, Monstalined tub, Home-made front bumper with Smittybilt XRC-8 winch, Wild Boar rack w/ IPF 968 lights, K&N Intake, Gibson Exhaust.
post #6 of 9 Old 02-15-2011, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenfeet View Post
I lived in Ft.Walton Beach, right down the road and it was FLAT. They did have speedbumps though
I know I have a 2wd JK, for the time being. But damn, I can handle more than a speedbump. Any good mall curbs I can beat up.

post #7 of 9 Old 02-15-2011, 08:19 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmguy75 View Post
I live in J ville, and chill with Matanzas jeep club. They're a cool bunch people and we all ride when we get the chance...

Just my 2 cents...
x2 I say the Matanzas club is the coolest group of people around.

Jacksonville is a pretty cool place if you get placed here let me know and we will hit up some local spots.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 9 Old 02-16-2011, 06:29 PM
JKO Addict!

1) We were on the poker run last week together. Rooster with the mildly altered Silver JK
2) You better join the Jacked Up Jeep Club Panhandle Division!
3) The Pens area is cool. Ft Walton is nice. I live in Destin.
4) Its not as flat here as it is where you are
5) There is plenty of good wheeling within a short driving distance. Again, a lot closer than you are now!
post #9 of 9 Old 02-16-2011, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster View Post
1) We were on the poker run last week together. Rooster with the mildly altered Silver JK
2) You better join the Jacked Up Jeep Club Panhandle Division!
3) The Pens area is cool. Ft Walton is nice. I live in Destin.
4) Its not as flat here as it is where you are
5) There is plenty of good wheeling within a short driving distance. Again, a lot closer than you are now!
You guys are a pretty fun crew. If I get up there, joining the JUJC will be the first thing I do.

Rooster, I love your Jeep. You're whole truck and Jeep duo is an inspiration and is quite breath taking. I did wipe the drool off my face a couple of times.

My Naval recruiter just informed me that they are not recruiting pharmacists at this time. Talk about being pissed. They recruited me almost 2 years ago to join. First they offered a scholarship and retracted, and now they're retracting any recruitment/applications at this time. F'ing government is f'ing up my career plans. I can only hope that they'll start up again in May then wait the 3 months to be accepted.

Looks like I might not even get up to N. Florida any more or at least not for awhile

Last edited by jeepRcreepR; 02-17-2011 at 05:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode