North, Central & South FL Trail Ride Saturday March 5th - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 109 Old 02-09-2011, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

North, Central & South FL Trail Ride Saturday March 5th

Myself and a few others are going to Scottsmoor. FL aka Brevard County Game Refuge that is located just off I-95 and Hwy 5A (A little south of New Smyrna Bch, FL on Saturday March 5th. There is a limited number of tent sights at Crystal Lake RV park (http://www.crystallakervpark.com/) for those who want to stay the night. Im not planning on it but you never know...

I will be there by 9:00am on Saturday. It's 2 hours from Jax, 1 from O-town, etc.. You litterally get off of I-95 and turn west and the road dead ends into it in 20 yards. http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&sa...ed=0CBMQ8gEwAA

Post up if you will be there and if you plan on staying the night or not:
ME - FLG8TR

ROBY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Unlimited Black Sahara AKA Robicon
(O|||||||O)

Lifted with 35" MTR's, Detroit locked with 5.13's, Poison Spyder Front Bumper, Rockhard rear bumper, Rubi Rails, Poison Spyder flares, Rock Krawler front U & LCA's, Ocala Trail Scratches & some other bits and pieces.

God Bless those that keep our Freedom Free!!
John3:16

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 109 Old 02-09-2011, 09:09 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Post up if you will be there and if you plan on staying the night or not:lets keep this list going. take off the quote bars so others can quote it too

FLG8TR-ME
TheBeatenPath-Corey and dad-overnight

Everyone else can BLOW themselves cause im bad as FUCK!
post #3 of 109 Old 02-09-2011, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

how do I take off the quote bars?

ROBY

(O|||||||O)

Lifted with 35" MTR's, Detroit locked with 5.13's, Poison Spyder Front Bumper, Rockhard rear bumper, Rubi Rails, Poison Spyder flares, Rock Krawler front U & LCA's, Ocala Trail Scratches & some other bits and pieces.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 109 Old 02-09-2011, 09:30 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

when you qoute someone it says quote at the beggining and end you know just take those off before you post. this will allow the next person to have the whole list.

wasnt directing toward you but at the ppl who add to the list if they dont know

post #5 of 109 Old 02-09-2011, 10:52 PM

what kind of trails are out there
post #6 of 109 Old 02-10-2011, 05:39 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregcaps91 View Post
x2............

post #7 of 109 Old 02-10-2011, 04:55 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregcaps91 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SulVento View Post
x2............
Hmmmm.....lets see...its Florida....so I'm going with sand and mud.....

Joking aside, it can be a fun place to spend the day with friends, you can find some deep holes to play in and twisting turning trails. If you get back into some of the under growth areas and start running over fallen trees, watch out for the smaller hidden stumps.....they aren't so kind to tires.....

The biggest trick is locating the canal crossing to enter into the larger section. The big mud hole is obvious from the aerial view.

/

Last edited by Loki646; 02-10-2011 at 04:57 PM.
post #8 of 109 Old 02-10-2011, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

X2, check it out from google maps. I was there for just a few mins and saw so much fun stuff, I can't wait to go back with a group and check it all out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROBY

(O|||||||O)

post #9 of 109 Old 02-10-2011, 07:29 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

whaere is the canal?

post #10 of 109 Old 02-10-2011, 07:37 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

put my requests in for work to take off.

post #11 of 109 Old 02-11-2011, 05:19 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLG8TR View Post
X2, check it out from google maps. I was there for just a few mins and saw so much fun stuff, I can't wait to go back with a group and check it all out.
If you just checked out the smaller area immediately off I-95, then you definitely haven't even scratched the surface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeatenPath View Post
whaere is the canal?
Looking at the map, you'll see a very defined cut in the foliage. As you zoom in you will see the cut is a teal green color...that's the canal and I believe there is only one crossing. It's been several years since I was with a group in was in the back section. As the date approaches I'll know better if I can make it out.

You definitely want front and rear tow points on all the Jeeps as well as at least one winch in the group cause I can guarantee at least on stuck Jeep.

/

post #12 of 109 Old 02-11-2011, 09:41 AM
Granite Guru

I think I'll be able to make it. I'd really like to go.

Dmitriy
2007 Steel Blue X
post #13 of 109 Old 02-11-2011, 01:42 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki646 View Post
If you just checked out the smaller area immediately off I-95, then you definitely haven't even scratched the surface.

Looking at the map, you'll see a very defined cut in the foliage. As you zoom in you will see the cut is a teal green color...that's the canal and I believe there is only one crossing. It's been several years since I was with a group in was in the back section. As the date approaches I'll know better if I can make it out.

You definitely want front and rear tow points on all the Jeeps as well as at least one winch in the group cause I can guarantee at least on stuck Jeep.
i thought that was it but it looked green i was expecting blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2DRBLUJK View Post
I think I'll be able to make it. I'd really like to go.
yay

post #14 of 109 Old 02-11-2011, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Only 3 of us so far... Come on guys, who else can make it??

ROBY

(O|||||||O)

post #15 of 109 Old 02-11-2011, 07:03 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

It's been rainy around here and usually that means it will be WET out there. However, with the amount of dry weather we've had leading up to it, it's probably still in a deficit.

I've probably posted these before, but here's what it looks like during the wet season. These pics are mild

There was one point I had water up to my waist....while seated inside the Jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube
Once upon a time grown men didn't act like assholes for no reason nor get butt-hurt by complete strangers.

Then the internet was born.
post #16 of 109 Old 02-11-2011, 07:10 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Forgot to mention, that's the first weekend of bike week, so watch for the bikers in the area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube
Once upon a time grown men didn't act like assholes for no reason nor get butt-hurt by complete strangers.

Then the internet was born.
post #17 of 109 Old 02-11-2011, 11:18 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

but there will be some good amounts of water still right?

post #18 of 109 Old 02-11-2011, 11:19 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Only 3 of us so far... Come on guys, who else can make it??

we had the maybes from the other thread too

post #19 of 109 Old 02-12-2011, 06:16 AM
Granite Guru

This is going to be a bad weekend for me going from speedweeks to bike week, I have been slammed at the job. If I can get free I will let yall know.

Robert
post #20 of 109 Old 02-12-2011, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Would March 12th work Better for some? TBP, can you switch time off?

ROBY

(O|||||||O)

post #21 of 109 Old 02-12-2011, 10:59 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Would March 12th work Better for some? TBP, can you switch time off?
no i dont think it will let me
march 5th is good as my mom will be out of town anyway so we wont feel bad leaving her home. and ive already told my boss about it too.

id rather keep it the 5th if its possible

Last edited by TheBeatenPath; 02-12-2011 at 11:17 AM.
post #22 of 109 Old 02-12-2011, 01:57 PM
Rock God

50/50 right now

In 2009 a crack commando wheelin' unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the South Florida underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as wheelers of fortune. If you have a problem. If no one else can help. And if you can find them. Maybe you can wheel with The 50/50 Off-Road Team.
post #23 of 109 Old 02-12-2011, 03:22 PM
Rock God

Garage

I'm 50/50 right now and after seeing a few pics I'm thinking I'll try and extend my breather tubes here in the next week or two.....

I'm a little "over" having water up to my waist (while driving) though.....did that way too many times in my YJ.......the novelty of it has worn off.

post #24 of 109 Old 02-12-2011, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

We will keep it on the 5th, and don't worry about water too much cause if it's more than a foot, I'm not going thru it either

ROBY

(O|||||||O)

post #25 of 109 Old 02-12-2011, 03:57 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJK View Post
This is going to be a bad weekend for me going from speedweeks to bike week, I have been slammed at the job. If I can get free I will let yall know.

Robert
Well that kinda sucks. The 5th is actually my B-day and unless I have another home showing, I can't think of a better way to celebrate the day without completely ending up in the doghouse with E. It would be pretty cool to get us Spikes guys all together and have a bit of fun....

Kris (in shipping) just landed himself a TJ on 40s and is itchin' to play as well.....*poke*.....*poke*

/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode