Camping trip? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 02-01-2011, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Camping trip?

Isn't it about time to go for a camping trip & trail ride?? How about camping near Scotsmor (Hwy 5A and I-95)? Just south of New Smyrna. I checked it out a few weeks ago and heard it goes on for miles and miles...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROBY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Unlimited Black Sahara AKA Robicon
(O|||||||O)

Lifted with 35" MTR's, Detroit locked with 5.13's, Poison Spyder Front Bumper, Rockhard rear bumper, Rubi Rails, Poison Spyder flares, Rock Krawler front U & LCA's, Ocala Trail Scratches & some other bits and pieces.

God Bless those that keep our Freedom Free!!
John3:16

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 02-01-2011, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Maybe first weekend in March?

ROBY

(O|||||||O)

Lifted with 35" MTR's, Detroit locked with 5.13's, Poison Spyder Front Bumper, Rockhard rear bumper, Rubi Rails, Poison Spyder flares, Rock Krawler front U & LCA's, Ocala Trail Scratches & some other bits and pieces.

post #3 of 26 Old 02-01-2011, 08:58 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via AIM to dickyB Send a message via Skype™ to dickyB

sounds like it could be fun, I'm always up for some camping and that looks like it'd be pretty closeby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
I like driving my jeep around while wearing a suit....it says I'm formal, but I'm here to party.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 Old 02-02-2011, 05:48 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Wasn't that all burned out last month?

/

post #5 of 26 Old 02-02-2011, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Not that I could tell. The Dirt is dark but the land looked fine...

ROBY

(O|||||||O)

post #6 of 26 Old 02-02-2011, 08:48 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

sounds like fun. i need a date so i can request off though

gotta be weekend

Everyone else can BLOW themselves cause im bad as FUCK!
post #7 of 26 Old 02-03-2011, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Any one else.???

ROBY

(O|||||||O)

post #8 of 26 Old 02-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Granite Guru

Damn, my bikini top went wheelin without me.....
Looked like a good time. I may be down for some camping, I'll watch for the date.

08 Silver Unlimited
3.5" RE Superflex
35" Pro Comp X Muds
5.13 Superiors
Rampage front
Rancho rear
Tabor 9K
Spidertrax and stockers
Line-x
post #9 of 26 Old 02-03-2011, 09:57 PM
Rock God

is it a campground?

In 2009 a crack commando wheelin' unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the South Florida underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as wheelers of fortune. If you have a problem. If no one else can help. And if you can find them. Maybe you can wheel with The 50/50 Off-Road Team.
post #10 of 26 Old 02-04-2011, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Not a camp ground, just lots of wide open space for miles and miles... I will check around the area.

ROBY

(O|||||||O)

post #11 of 26 Old 02-04-2011, 08:51 PM
Rock God

wurd!

In 2009 a crack commando wheelin' unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the South Florida underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as wheelers of fortune. If you have a problem. If no one else can help. And if you can find them. Maybe you can wheel with The 50/50 Off-Road Team.
post #12 of 26 Old 02-05-2011, 11:14 AM
Rock God

I'm game if we do that first weekend in March. Spring break starts the 5th for me. I haven't been on a ride in almost a year.

jk-forum, jk-forum.com jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler
post #13 of 26 Old 02-05-2011, 12:16 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLG8TR View Post
Not a camp ground, just lots of wide open space for miles and miles... I will check around the area.
Is this private or state land? Do we have permission to camp if private? Sorry to be a bummer but we had problems with people tresspassing on some of our land when I lived in Alabama... I hate tresspasses now because of it so I dont want to become what I hate
post #14 of 26 Old 02-05-2011, 02:45 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

my dad said lets go

any weekend is pretty much good for me i think.i need to request off so i need about 3 week notice.

will there be any mud or water?

ill have a snorkel and iwant to use it

only wknd i cant is feb 22nd

Last edited by TheBeatenPath; 02-05-2011 at 09:44 PM.
post #15 of 26 Old 02-05-2011, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJK View Post
Is this private or state land? Do we have permission to camp if private? Sorry to be a bummer but we had problems with people tresspassing on some of our land when I lived in Alabama... I hate tresspasses now because of it so I dont want to become what I hate
State land I believe, When you get off I-95 and make a right, you just drive right into it. There is a long strip where people park and set up to ride dirt bikes and ATV's. Several people have told me about it and say its cool to ride out there. I wasn't planning on camping there, just riding for the day. I was out there for 30 mins on a Sunday and there were about 15 trucks that unloaded bikes, tons of people riding all over the place. I'm going back for sure...

ROBY

(O|||||||O)

post #16 of 26 Old 02-05-2011, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Per Google Maps, it is the Brevard County Game Refuge. There are also trails all over the place. There is a campground on the other side of 95 also called Crystal Lake RV park that I will call tomorrow.

ROBY

(O|||||||O)

post #17 of 26 Old 02-06-2011, 08:44 AM
Granite Guru

Thanks... never thought of Googling it...D'oh, will see if my schedule allows the date picked.
post #18 of 26 Old 02-06-2011, 09:02 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

so is this first weekend set date now?

post #19 of 26 Old 02-07-2011, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Yes but the Rv park only has 2 tent sights that can have 2 tents each. Not enough room for all of us. I'm still researching...

ROBY

(O|||||||O)

post #20 of 26 Old 02-07-2011, 08:15 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

alrighty.

post #21 of 26 Old 02-08-2011, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Anyone want to just make it a day trip? Not sure if there is enough to do for 2 days but I want to go check it out some more...

Saturday March 5th, 9:30am who's in? It's 2 hours from almost anywhere in FL! (other than the Panhandle)

Me

ROBY

(O|||||||O)

post #22 of 26 Old 02-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Rock God

gonna try to make it, btw its 3hours for me!

post #23 of 26 Old 02-08-2011, 04:10 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLG8TR View Post
Anyone want to just make it a day trip? Not sure if there is enough to do for 2 days but I want to go check it out some more...

Saturday March 5th, 9:30am who's in? It's 2 hours from almost anywhere in FL! (other than the Panhandle)

Me

day trip or overnight thats fine with me.

if we do an overnighter anyone want to do a night ride? we got all these lights but dont use em?

roby im in st aug as well. do you want to meet somewhere in the morning and convoy down together?

post #24 of 26 Old 02-08-2011, 04:39 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I might be up for a Sunday day trip....maybe this time I'll stay out of the ATV trails and won't loose another mirror....

/

post #25 of 26 Old 02-08-2011, 05:08 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

loki i will camp if you want to do a daytrip on sunday as well.if im gonna take off i wanna do a lot of riding

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode