If you had $3k to spend... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 01-18-2011, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

If you had $3k to spend...

If you had $3k for a starter package on a stock jk sport that wa s a daily driver, but also wanted to take off road (excluding rims) what would you do? (hypothetically, of course)

2010 Flame Red JK Sport.
35" ProComp Xtreme All Terrain Radial
17" Black/Red Ballistic Jester Rims
4" Stage I Lift Kit with ES9000 Shocks
Smittybuilt XRC Stubby Stinger Front Bumper
Warn M8000 Winch
Hitch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 01-18-2011, 04:54 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

40's flat fenders and a sawzall
post #3 of 18 Old 01-18-2011, 04:57 PM
Granite Guru

Budget boost suspension kit and 33's or 35's, some under carriage skid plates andbe done...transmission?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 01-18-2011, 05:02 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBirish View Post
40's flat fenders and a sawzall
x2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Black 2008 x ,Dana30 Aussie locker,Teraflex C gusset's 2.5 Pro comp coils,Adj Rancho Rs9000's JKS quick disconnects,Jks Adj trackbar, 35.13.50.15 Toyo MT's on 15x8 MB Razors, K&N intake,Superchips, Magnaflow muffler,Optima Red top, Poison spyder ricochet rock rails,Solid diff covers, front Mopar rock bumper chopped, HD D-rings,Xrc 8000 winch, HOGG cut fenders!Bedlined interior, 130 watt kc slimlites
post #5 of 18 Old 01-18-2011, 05:08 PM
JKO Addict!

Where do you wheel? What trans do you have? What size wheel are you going to run? What size tires do you want to run? What gears do you have? Looking for new parts or are you cool with used?

Sent from an asshole with an iPhone

Marc
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 2 door Rubicon ROCK KRAWLER - POYL PERFORMANCE - RIVER RAIDER - POISON SPYDER - BILSTIEN - PITBULL - ACE - SMITTYBILT - BLACK ROCK - SUPERCHIPS - SPIDERWEB SHADES

post #6 of 18 Old 01-18-2011, 05:14 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

This with the shocks: http://rockkrawler.com/?r_intro=1

5 of these at 35": http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....KOWL&tab=Sizes

Get them through RiverCityOffroad and bank any left over funds for 5.13 gears and lockers.

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
post #7 of 18 Old 01-18-2011, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I'll be wheeling South/Central FL, I've already upgraded to 32" BFG MTs, standard 3.55 gears for now, I think... eventually going to go to 35's, 3.5+ suspension lift, better drivetrain, 5.13 gears... but I think I want to work on the engine performance, skids and some look, first. But figured I'd get everyone else's 2 cents before I go off and blow my wad. And no, I'm definitely not against used if you've got ideas...

so far, I'm looking at a cold air intake, new muffler, maybe a superchip, new front/back bumpers, rock rails, Evap skid, bombshell diff covers and snorkel.

2010 Flame Red JK Sport.
Warn M8000 Winch
Hitch
post #8 of 18 Old 01-18-2011, 05:29 PM
Rock God

Supercharger, money gone!

08 "X", RC BB, 33" Duratracs, Coast 1310 front, Hellfires, Woods evap relo.
post #9 of 18 Old 01-18-2011, 07:21 PM
JKO Addict!

I would forget about the intake (unless you do water then go for a snorkel) and exhaust. The price per HP is not worth it. Superchip would be good.

new front/back bumpers = good
rock rails = good
Evap skid + great
bombshell diff covers = good

MY 3K - Rock Krawler 2.5 stock mod and Bilstein shocks, rock rails, evap skid, diff covers, front stubby bumper. That would probably do it, give or take. Maybe if you had some left over through some lights on the windshield.

Marc

2007 2 door Rubicon ROCK KRAWLER - POYL PERFORMANCE - RIVER RAIDER - POISON SPYDER - BILSTIEN - PITBULL - ACE - SMITTYBILT - BLACK ROCK - SUPERCHIPS - SPIDERWEB SHADES

post #10 of 18 Old 01-18-2011, 09:22 PM
Rock God

Garage

I suggest:

Option 1(Armor)

Poison Spyder BFH or Brawler lite front bumper.
Poison Spyder Rear Brawler + Tire carrier
Poison Spyder Brawler rockers or rocker knockers
Poiosn Spyder Evap Skid
Poison Spyder Bombshells
Warn M8000

Option 2 (Lift)

Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel + Bilsteins
AEV JK Snorkle
Warn M8000
Pair of Rigid Dually's
Just some ideas off the top of my head

Anthony

Rock Krawler, Poison Spyder, Rigid Industries, Currie and more.

OR CALL 813.361.0869

post #11 of 18 Old 01-18-2011, 09:32 PM
Granite Guru

we've all been down this road. Trust these guys or at least some of them. DON'T buy a cold air intake, or an exhaust, nor a budget boost. I bought all three. BB is being removed this weekend. Cold air intake will be removed eventually, and my Gibson exhaust sounds great but will be crushed the first time I hit any rocks. Also you don't need a superchip if you don't have bigger tires and aftermarket gears. I agree with eggwhite93 and wsoffroad's info. It's pretty solid.

07 JKU Rescue Green with 3.5" RK Mid-Arm Flex w/ Bilstein 5100s, 5.13's, Eaton E-Locker, 35" MT Baja ATZ, 17" DC Torque wheels, Monstalined tub, Home-made front bumper with Smittybilt XRC-8 winch, Wild Boar rack w/ IPF 968 lights, K&N Intake, Gibson Exhaust.
Future Mods: 2wd-4wd conversion = completed!
post #12 of 18 Old 01-18-2011, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks guys... I appreciate the input and it will all be duly noted. I'm still fighting myself on go big... or go powerful and protected. 3k doesn't go very far but its a start.

As for the CAI and muffler... I wanted to go that route for (what I've heard) is increased HP, torque and fuel efficiency... and a good rumble. But is there really an increase in MPG? If not, I think I might try to find a good mix between big & protected for now.

Truth is, I'm sure I'll end up with both in the long run, but the holes in my pockets have already been burnt through and I'm ready to start. lol.

(sidenote: I also happened to buy a non-A/C model... figured it would be cheaper to install later without financing... I've gotten local quotes for install but what do you guys think would be a fair price for parts and install?) This isn't included in the 3k... nor are these. http://www.bigbrandwheels.com/Ballis...-Accents/3828/ Both of which will also be happening in the next month or two also.

2010 Flame Red JK Sport.
Warn M8000 Winch
Hitch
post #13 of 18 Old 01-19-2011, 06:11 AM
Granite Guru

J
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayzero View Post
Thanks guys... I appreciate the input and it will all be duly noted. I'm still fighting myself on go big... or go powerful and protected. 3k doesn't go very far but its a start.

As for the CAI and muffler... I wanted to go that route for (what I've heard) is increased HP, torque and fuel efficiency... and a good rumble. But is there really an increase in MPG? If not, I think I might try to find a good mix between big & protected for now.

Truth is, I'm sure I'll end up with both in the long run, but the holes in my pockets have already been burnt through and I'm ready to start. lol.

(sidenote: I also happened to buy a non-A/C model... figured it would be cheaper to install later without financing... I've gotten local quotes for install but what do you guys think would be a fair price for parts and install?) This isn't included in the 3k... nor are these. http://www.bigbrandwheels.com/Ballis...-Accents/3828/ Both of which will also be happening in the next month or two also.
With the combo CAI and exhaust u might get 2-3 hp and no extra mpg. But snorkel would be a lot better choice for fl wheeling and would go that route . Those wheels are nice wish I would have found those when I was buying, minus the red. Id get the rk 2.5" lift and burn the rubber off the tires u just got. Then save up, get some flat fenders and a sawzall so u can run 37s.

07 JKU Rescue Green with 3.5" RK Mid-Arm Flex w/ Bilstein 5100s, 5.13's, Eaton E-Locker, 35" MT Baja ATZ, 17" DC Torque wheels, Monstalined tub, Home-made front bumper with Smittybilt XRC-8 winch, Wild Boar rack w/ IPF 968 lights, K&N Intake, Gibson Exhaust.
Future Mods: 2wd-4wd conversion = completed!
post #14 of 18 Old 01-20-2011, 04:47 AM
Wheeler

Put the 3K towards the principle on the loan!

Sorry, I hate having a loan.

Seriously, for FL you need mud control, skids and stuff are awesome but I'd put the $$ into some solid tires and wheels (don't need to be big mind you). Other than that I would invest in some solid recovery gear, straps, come along, winch, etc.

Just my 2 cents but all these guys with 40's, rock sliders, etc. in FL are for show.
post #15 of 18 Old 01-20-2011, 08:04 AM
JKO Addict!

THIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-jeep View Post
This with the shocks: http://rockkrawler.com/?r_intro=1

5 of these at 35": http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....KOWL&tab=Sizes

Get them through RiverCityOffroad and bank any left over funds for 5.13 gears and lockers.

OR THAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsoffroad View Post
I suggest:

Option 1(Armor)

Poison Spyder Rear Brawler + Tire carrier
Poison Spyder Brawler rockers or rocker knockers
Poiosn Spyder Evap Skid
Poison Spyder Bombshells
Warn M8000

Option 2 (Lift)

Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel + Bilsteins
AEV JK Snorkle
Warn M8000
Pair of Rigid Dually's
Just some ideas off the top of my head

Anthony
No doubt...no question. Dont worry about the cutesy wheels. They will be scratched the first time you go wheeling with someone or get mud on them.
post #16 of 18 Old 01-21-2011, 03:51 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via AIM to DataByte Send a message via Yahoo to DataByte

Lockers Lockers LOCKERS!
I am watching stock Rubicons go places that some pretty modified Jeeps can't even get to because of the LOCKERS!

Matthew D

2008 Silver Sahara

*Mention JKOWNERS.com for a 10% discount at checkout*
post #17 of 18 Old 01-21-2011, 04:20 PM
Granite Guru

(sidenote: I also happened to buy a non-A/C model... figured it would be cheaper to install later without financing... I've gotten local quotes for install but what do you guys think would be a fair price for parts and install?) This isn't included in the 3k... nor are these. http://www.bigbrandwheels.com/Ballis...-Accents/3828/ Both of which will also be happening in the next month or two also.[/QUOTE]

2 windows down, 75mph
post #18 of 18 Old 01-23-2011, 05:32 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethrrogers View Post
Budget boost suspension kit and 33's or 35's, some under carriage skid plates andbe done...transmission?
This is exactly what I'm doing.

08 "X", RC BB, 33" Duratracs, Coast 1310 front, Hellfires, Woods evap relo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode