Went Wheeling alone, Guess What Happened ?!?!? (PIX!!) - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 Old 01-02-2011, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Went Wheeling alone, Guess What Happened ?!?!? (PIX!!)

Well it was New Year's Day and the Gators were not looking so good during the first half and my wife was out shopping. So I told my son lets go for ice cream and maybe a little adventure. I knew of this old spot off Bartram Park Blvd in Jax and went back there. It wasn't that wet (so I thought) but I did find some mud, muck, & slick clay and had some fun. My son was ready for ice cream and so we were heading out and I went to the left instead of to the right on one last little run and sunk down to the frame and Diffs!!!!!!!! Never go alone, I know but it was supposed to be a quick trip just to check it out and I got carried away. I was very Blessed that Scottrock was only a few miles away trying to enjoy some Oysters and Cold He grabbed a Matanzas Jeep Club buddy and some straps and came to winch me out. Took a few trys and finnally behing a pine tree the JK was SET FREE!!! Thanks Again Scott!! I owe you a big one!!

When I thought we were done...

Guess we aren't going anywhere...

After I rocked a few feet forward..

Scott to the rescue..

What I was on...

Home at last..

ROBY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Unlimited Black Sahara AKA Robicon
(O|||||||O)

Lifted with 35" MTR's, Detroit locked with 5.13's, Poison Spyder Front Bumper, Rockhard rear bumper, Rubi Rails, Poison Spyder flares, Rock Krawler front U & LCA's, Ocala Trail Scratches & some other bits and pieces.

God Bless those that keep our Freedom Free!!
John3:16

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by FLG8TR; 01-07-2011 at 07:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 Old 01-02-2011, 06:46 PM
Rock God

great story and pics. really cool of Scott to bail you out, props dude i would say time for a winch but it didn't look like there was a tree near enough. has anyone tried out those winch sand anchors? i have always wondered if they work. i always get that sunk feeling in my stomach when i wheel and get stuck when i'm alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukecage View Post
If I hear banjos I'm out! I almost feel like an alien being a black guy in a jeep already, this is gonna be a real adventure
post #3 of 39 Old 01-02-2011, 06:52 PM
Granite Guru

Damn Roby, here I was thinking that you keep your Jeep way too clean. Looks better now. Glad Scott was there for ya, I was in O-town till this evening. Clean up's gonna be fun LOL. We have to find you a cheap winch soon.

P.S. After not raining for about 6 months if anything is holding water right now its gonna be nasty.

08 Silver Unlimited
3.5" RE Superflex
35" Pro Comp X Muds
5.13 Superiors
Rampage front
Rancho rear
Tabor 9K
Spidertrax and stockers
Line-x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 Old 01-02-2011, 06:55 PM
JKowners Vendor

Is that a beer on Scott's fender?
post #5 of 39 Old 01-02-2011, 06:56 PM
Rock God

Garage

That looks so funny... I'm gald you guys were ok and yes props to scott...

Yes... You do keep your Jeep way too clean.
post #6 of 39 Old 01-02-2011, 07:17 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba2u View Post
i always get that sunk feeling in my stomach when i wheel and get stuck when i'm alone.
i know that feeling, i get the same one.

yeah, wheeling alone isn't great, but sometimes you just can't resist - i'm guilty of it too.

glad to see you got out of it ok and even got some pics

Dmitriy
2007 Steel Blue X
post #7 of 39 Old 01-02-2011, 07:17 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

i want to go get ice cream now.

the above is most likely irrelevant.
jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler, abendx is my hero, project-jk, jeep JK, JK wrangler, JK, JKO
post #8 of 39 Old 01-02-2011, 07:23 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyfl View Post
i want to go get ice cream now.
that and go use my winch

Everyone else can BLOW themselves cause im bad as FUCK!
post #9 of 39 Old 01-02-2011, 07:32 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

wait did you get ice cream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
A Jeep just zipped past my house and I could swear I heard the driver yellin:

"The tkob is coming!! The tkob is coming!!"
post #10 of 39 Old 01-02-2011, 07:34 PM
Rock God

Garage

lol....looks nice....glad you had a quick rescue...

Did the Mrs. have any comments when she returned home? Mine always does when it looks like that...

post #11 of 39 Old 01-02-2011, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba2u View Post
i always get that sunk feeling in my stomach when i wheel and get stuck when i'm alone.
I got that sinking feeling in my stomach at first but when the mud started flying It went away... until monentum stopped, that is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediamaxim View Post
Is that a beer on Scott's fender?
They lefted the party but not the brewskis

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkob1060 View Post
wait did you get ice cream?
by the time we got out, my son was just ready to get home I made it up to him today tho..
Quote:
Originally Posted by SulVento View Post
Did the Mrs. have any comments when she returned home?
Yeah, she said it smelled and I better not start cleaning it when it was past the time that I was supposed to be cooking my grandmothers Black Eyed Peas recipe for New Years dinner.

BTW clean up took all day after Church today. Several hours with the pressure washer and a few carwashes plus finishing up at home. That was some nasty muck (but sure was fun!!)

ROBY

(O|||||||O)

Lifted with 35" MTR's, Detroit locked with 5.13's, Poison Spyder Front Bumper, Rockhard rear bumper, Rubi Rails, Poison Spyder flares, Rock Krawler front U & LCA's, Ocala Trail Scratches & some other bits and pieces.

post #12 of 39 Old 01-02-2011, 08:48 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Great story.

Reminds me of a trip I took to the Silver Lake Sand Dunes in Michigan. I had decided to take my girlfriend and her brother with me for a good day of wheeling. We started on test hill and I managed to get up it super easy. From that point on, we spent about 5-6 hours screwing around. Got some air, played in some mud puddles, just a general good time. Heres a cool pic my girlfriends brother took that day:

When we decided it was time to leave, I wanted to do test hill one more time and the subsequent hill climbs. As I was driving toward test hill I said to my passengers something along the lines of, "Boy we had a great time today huh? And hey, we didn't get stuck once! What a great day!"

Then I went up test hill. Then I got stuck on test hill. On the tippy top I was buried in loose blowing sand up to the frame rails. This pic was taken on the not so deeply buried side to give you an idea.

And with this being the terrain out there:

Theres nothing to winch to. So after about half an hour of the 3 of us digging along with 3 ATV guys that were kind enough to help out, I finally got loose enough to get out and we made the 4 hour drive home.

Lesson learned: have fun out there and don't wheel alone! And don't jinx myself on the last damn run of the day!!!!

1972 Commando on Tons & 40s
post #13 of 39 Old 01-02-2011, 08:51 PM
Rock God

what tires are your running, on either Jeep? They look like they are packed with what appears to be sand, figured it would have cleared out.
The last time I wheeled alone, same thing happened, thank god for close friends!

08 "X", RC BB, 33" Duratracs, Coast 1310 front, Hellfires, Woods evap relo.
post #14 of 39 Old 01-02-2011, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stopher View Post
what tires are your running, on either Jeep? They look like they are packed with what appears to be sand, figured it would have cleared out.
They are BFG AT KO's. It was a thick clay like mud that packed in there and the soft sand I went thru stuck to it making them "slicks"

ROBY

(O|||||||O)

post #15 of 39 Old 01-02-2011, 10:25 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

imagine how much dirtier it would be if you didnt have any flares

Everyone else can BLOW themselves cause im bad as FUCK!
post #16 of 39 Old 01-03-2011, 07:02 AM
JKO Addict!

Dont you hate that moment when your at that "oh come on baby please" just before "shit Im stuck"
post #17 of 39 Old 01-03-2011, 07:20 AM
Banned

Damn man....You missed one hell of a second half! Amad Black went house with an interception with like a min left in the game while Penn State was driving down field.

And ScottRock..........Didn't you read the "Drinking on the Trail" Thread? Some people do not approve of that, but the do approve of smoking pot, zombie hookers, and cocain on the trail.

Way to help out a buddy Scott!

Glad no ice cream was melted in the making of this thread!
post #18 of 39 Old 01-03-2011, 07:27 AM
JKO Addict!

Dang, those all-terrain-but-mud tires did get clobbered up. That Florida sugar sand can really suck!

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #19 of 39 Old 01-03-2011, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster View Post
Dont you hate that moment when your at that "oh come on baby please" just before "shit Im stuck"
Yes as I had backed up about 10 feet thinking I'm almost out and then the momentum just stopped!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROBY

(O|||||||O)

post #20 of 39 Old 01-03-2011, 11:02 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Yeah, yeah, the beers are a figment of your imagination. Interruption of New Years day festivities+ > 2 miles from me; ya get what ya get

That mud was very sticky. I almost had to call for backup with my near bald AT's and ended up having to put my bumper on a tree to keep from dragging myself forward.

Initially we tried to pull him out of the hole from the side; no go.
I only got two pics.

But we got im out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
zjr- I'm not that horny, but I have been known to salivate over your meat.
post #21 of 39 Old 01-03-2011, 11:59 AM
JKO Addict!

Scottrock! Way to be there man.
post #22 of 39 Old 01-03-2011, 12:25 PM
JKO Addict!

Way to help a friend in need!
post #23 of 39 Old 01-03-2011, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

X2!!! I am very grateful and thankful for a quick recovery from Scott!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROBY

(O|||||||O)

post #24 of 39 Old 01-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrock View Post
Yeah, yeah, the beers are a figment of your imagination. Interruption of New Years day festivities+ > 2 miles from me; ya get what ya get

That mud was very sticky. I almost had to call for backup with my near bald AT's and ended up having to put my bumper on a tree to keep from dragging myself forward.

Initially we tried to pull him out of the hole from the side; no go.
I only got two pics.

But we got im out!
I'm just a couple of miles down the road.....if it happens again and Scott isn't nearby, gimme a shout.....759-5054...............Eric

post #25 of 39 Old 01-03-2011, 01:02 PM
Administrator

Garage

Good One!!

^5 ScottRock!

I know that "sinking" feeling of "Oh shit, I'm stuck and I'm alone" all too well... but way to get some father son time in there!!

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode