1 way rental car. Fl to MD - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 12-16-2010, 06:33 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via AIM to dickyB Send a message via Skype™ to dickyB
1 way rental car. Fl to MD

I'm booking a rental car to go from st. pete FL to the Annapolis Md area. I figured I'd check on here and see if anyone knew of any ways to get a good deal before booking through expedia or one of those guys. I'm leaving next monday the 20th and driving straight through. thanks for any help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
I like driving my jeep around while wearing a suit....it says I'm formal, but I'm here to party.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 12-16-2010, 06:41 AM
JKO Addict!

I usually get good deals through Enterprise. Be sure to ask if they have discounts If you are a state employee, student, AAA member.

You can also use orbitz.com to price check and even order from them

also check with your car insurance to see if they cover you if you get a rental car, you may not need the extra insurance that the rental car places offer.

Here is some info that might help - I rented an Impala to drive to Tennessee and it was alright, the seats have no bottom cushion though. I then rented a Huyndai Sanota (sp?) to Key West. Get the Huyndai! I was averaging 30MPG at 80mph and it was a comfy ride

I also rented a pathfinder to South Carolina...Great ride, just not great on MPG

I then rented a tahoe to Atlanta. I loved it. Just sucked at parking it downtown. lol

Hope this helps

Last edited by Grant211; 12-16-2010 at 06:48 AM.
post #3 of 16 Old 12-16-2010, 07:08 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

guess I waited too long, everything for enterprise is sold out. shit shit shit

Quote:
I like driving my jeep around while wearing a suit....it says I'm formal, but I'm here to party.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 12-16-2010, 07:13 AM
Rock God

Garage

one way rentals are tough to come by. Sometimes you need to plead with the reps to get one... they dont like giving up their vehicles. Youre also going to pay an arm and a leg. I paid $374 for a 1 day rental from NY to SC.

Joe -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-
post #5 of 16 Old 12-16-2010, 07:22 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

wow, I did it before from MD to SC and it was only like $100. They only want like $75-$100 for the car, then theyre charging a +$400 drop off fee! its insane. Looks like I'll just be driving the JK home and have to eat the extra fuel cost

Quote:
post #6 of 16 Old 12-16-2010, 08:26 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Wait! Call my brother in law: (512) 480-8333

I can't guarantee you a damn thing but he might be able to help you. His name is Ashton and my sister in law's name is Kamilah.

Tell them Marcus told you to call and you're one of my customers. LOL

Marcus

post #7 of 16 Old 12-16-2010, 02:43 PM
Rock God

Check Hertz. Make sure you are picking up and dropping off at corporate (not franchise) locations. If you are a AAA member, you get a good discount and liability limits for any damage. x2 on checking your insurance, but check with your credit card. many times they cover the cdw if you use Visa or MC for the rental.

Current Mods:
  1. Cleghorn tailpipe mod
  2. Cleghorn side step ventilation with Gold Mtn. enhancement
  3. Heartbreak Ridge bumper scuffs
  4. Goler gas tank skid mod
  5. Miscellaneous pin striping
  6. Woods evap cannister relocate (Wow, an intentional mod!)
  7. 2"BB and swapped in stock Rubi coils and shocks (thanks Seth!)
  8. Calico fender realignment and texturing
  9. Calico "explodey the side step" ez removal kit
  10. Stock Rubicon rails courtesy of JackTuttle (Thanks Jack!)
  11. Solid Axle dif covers
post #8 of 16 Old 12-16-2010, 03:15 PM
zjr
JKO Addict!

Garage

Uhaul...
150 from GA to FL, around 500 miles.

01111001011011110111010100100000011011000110111101 11001101110100001000000111010001101000011001010010 000001100111011000010110110101100101

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirl View Post
James just came a little early......
Quote:
Originally Posted by njjk08 View Post
...May 2011 bless everyone with pervert wheeling days...
post #9 of 16 Old 12-16-2010, 03:38 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickyB View Post
I'm booking a rental car to go from st. pete FL to the Annapolis Md area. I figured I'd check on here and see if anyone knew of any ways to get a good deal before booking through expedia or one of those guys. I'm leaving next monday the 20th and driving straight through. thanks for any help.
My brother works for one of those big rental car branches. He has hooked me up big time before. Let me know if you still need help. PM will get sent to my email and then to my phone even if you need to get to me last minute. So let me know any time and I'll do my best to hook you up.

07 JKU Rescue Green with 3.5" RK Mid-Arm Flex w/ Bilstein 5100s, 5.13's, Eaton E-Locker, 35" MT Baja ATZ, 17" DC Torque wheels, Monstalined tub, Home-made front bumper with Smittybilt XRC-8 winch, Wild Boar rack w/ IPF 968 lights, K&N Intake, Gibson Exhaust.
Future Mods: 2wd-4wd conversion = completed!
post #10 of 16 Old 12-16-2010, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

thanks for the help. I pm'd jeepRcreepR so I'll start there. It's not a huge deal to drive the JK, I just wish I had time to get an alignment done. Called a couple local shops and no luck. If I dont have any luck, I'll try what marcus and mike said. Thanks again

Quote:
post #11 of 16 Old 12-16-2010, 06:09 PM
Rock God

try national rental https://www.nationalcar.com/ heard they do not have any drop charges
post #12 of 16 Old 12-16-2010, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddpuppy01 View Post
try national rental https://www.nationalcar.com/ heard they do not have any drop charges
I tried them this morning and they had zero cars available. Thanks tho

Quote:
post #13 of 16 Old 12-16-2010, 06:17 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

steal it. youll make good time and save tons of cash.

the above is most likely irrelevant.
jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler, abendx is my hero, project-jk, jeep JK, JK wrangler, JK, JKO
post #14 of 16 Old 12-16-2010, 06:37 PM
Rock God

when ever i rent a car i use http://www.unionplus.org/. last time when i picked up the the car the agent said he even couldn't get a price that good

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukecage View Post
If I hear banjos I'm out! I almost feel like an alien being a black guy in a jeep already, this is gonna be a real adventure
post #15 of 16 Old 12-16-2010, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

I think the fine for stealing the car would be less than the rental fees too. Josh (jeepRcreepR) seems to have it taken care of. I'll keep that union site in mind for the rental back. thanks.

edit* doesnt look like I can sign up for the union discount since I've never been a union member

Quote:
post #16 of 16 Old 12-16-2010, 06:56 PM
Granite Guru

PM me an email address, I might have a company discount program I could forward a friend / family discount for - may help.

2.5" Rock Krawler Stock Mod Lift : Bilstein 5100's Front & Back : Rock Krawler Discos : 35X12.5X17 Goodyear MTR/K's : 2" Rock Krawler Stackable Bumpstops F/R : ProComp 7089's 17x9 4.75BS : Poison Spyder Evap Skid : Poison Spyder Brawler Lite : Spiderwebshade - Trailmesh : Recon 10,500lb Winch : Olympic Rock Sliders : Hella Black Magic Lights

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode