Lacey Pate Poker Run - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 124 Old 12-02-2010, 07:55 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Lacey Pate Poker Run

2nd Annual Lacey Pate Poker Run
OK we have picked a date but have no flier yet but I am working on it.

February 5, 2011 11:00 am which is the Saturday before the Superbowl but this date worked with some of our neighboring Jeep Clubs so this is it.

SAVE THE DATE!!!!!!!!!!!
I will provide Hotel info and a Flier as soon as possible.

We had a great time last year and were able to raise a good amount of money last year so lets beat it this year.

Jester
Jester Offroad

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

863-875-7907

Last edited by Jester; 01-28-2011 at 09:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 124 Old 12-02-2010, 06:16 PM
Rock God

Looking forward to it

There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."
- General George Patton Jr
post #3 of 124 Old 12-02-2010, 07:08 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via AIM to dickyB Send a message via Skype™ to dickyB

sounds like a good time for a good cause. keep us posted on the details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
I like driving my jeep around while wearing a suit....it says I'm formal, but I'm here to party.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 124 Old 12-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Banned

I cant make it lol

post #5 of 124 Old 12-12-2010, 10:43 PM
JKO Addict!

Hotel info??? Dammit I thought we were all going to Karn's slip and slude

Already have the prelim OK from mama

08 2 door (yes they made them) 3.5 RK lift, 35s lunchbox locked 30 front 44 LSD rear

Ocala Jeep Club CERT member. Nation's 1st jeep CERT team

Proud to be deplorable

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 124 Old 12-14-2010, 07:39 AM
JKO Addict!

COME ON PANHANDLE CREW!! I cant be the only one to show!
post #7 of 124 Old 12-14-2010, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ockgator View Post
Hotel info??? Dammit I thought we were all going to Karn's slip and slude

Already have the prelim OK from mama
I will be compiling Hotel Info in the next week and actually getting my ass in gear. I just moved and well its a bitch!!

Jester
Jester Offroad

863-875-7907
post #8 of 124 Old 12-15-2010, 04:23 PM
Rock God

Looking forward to a great Turn out :bounce

There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."
post #9 of 124 Old 12-15-2010, 06:25 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

for those who don't know Lacey's story yet, this is from last years thread

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16153

This is the e-mail I received from Laceys mother regarding her illness. Please take the time to read this story.

JKO Venders lets show everybody what your made of and come of those checkbooks and give us some swag.
Again the date will be posted soon and we are thinking sometime in January or February 2010.

Thanks

Jake (Jester)

In July of 1999 Lacey was born in Winter Haven, FL. She was immediately flown to Tampa General's NICU. After 2 weeks of intense testing the doctor's diagnosed her with King Syndrome. She is only the 3rd child to be born in the US with this syndrome. The doctor's said she would never live. At 3 weeks old she had her first surgery, this was to stitch down her diaphragm to allow her lung to work. This surgery was unsuccessful, so Lacey had to be on oxygen 24 hrs a day. Lacey's spine was crushing her lung, causing her to have chronic respiratory insufficiency. She had contractures of all her joints, causing her to be unable to raise her arms, walk or crawl. She also had severe kypho scoliosis, webbing of the neck, severe hearing loss, hypoglycemia, malignant hyperthermia, failure to thrive, a severe club foot and a vertical tailus. At 1 year old she had 3 surgeries to help correct her feet. She also had to have 2 surgeries on her hips. When she was 3 years old she was still on oxygen and on a bi-pap machine to help her breathe. Her lung doctor told us her condition was getting worse & if something wasn't done we could lose her. Her spine was now at a 86 degree curviture, & it was crushing her lung and in to her pelvic bone. No one in Florida could help her so they got us in contact with a doctor in Texas who had invented a surgery they thought might save Lacey's life. In Sept of 2002 when we flew out to meet with the team of doctor's Lacey was 3 years old and only weighed 18 lbs. The doctors agreed to do the surgery if Lacey had a feeding tube placed to help her gain some weight and a port so they could access her IV's since her veins were not very good. We came home & Lacey had both of those surgeries. In April of 2003 we flew back to Texas for the Titanium Rib Implant. Lacey was in a coma & on a respirator for 9 days. We were able to fly her back home a month later. The surgery helped and she was able to eventually come off of the bi-pap and is only on oxygen at night and when she is sick. Lacey had a great desire to walk and once again there was no one in Florida who could help her. Through the doctor in Texas we were able to find a surgeon who could help her but he was in Seattle. In May of 2007 we flew out and met with him and he scheduled her surgery for Oct. of 2007. She had 2 surgeries on her legs in Seattle, and we were able to bring her home 1 week before Christmas. Lacey is now able to do some walking with the help of a walker. She has now had a total of 25 surgeries & we travel every 6 months to Texas for surgery on her spine. She will continue to have surgery every 6 months for the next 7-8 years. The travel cost is an average of $3,000 - $5,000 every 6 months. Lacey requires oxygen on the plane which is $400 each trip, we rent a car and are usually in a hotel for about 2 weeks. We also have to eat each meal out or at the hospital. Lacey is a precious child with a positive attitude.

Thank you so much for considering Lacey for this fundraiser. This will truly be a blessing to her and our family.

[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
A Jeep just zipped past my house and I could swear I heard the driver yellin:

"The tkob is coming!! The tkob is coming!!"
post #10 of 124 Old 12-15-2010, 07:12 PM
JTG
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to JTG

I might be able to swing this
post #11 of 124 Old 12-28-2010, 09:19 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Jake is this moving along? Only 6 weeks to go

Quote:

post #12 of 124 Old 12-30-2010, 08:34 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I might could swing this event.

post #13 of 124 Old 01-05-2011, 07:26 PM
Banned

The route is set!

It's a good one. At LEAST 2 bars. So if you drink, bring a DD. That's a designated driver - not a stripper. But you can bring a stripper. Depending on who you are .

post #14 of 124 Old 01-06-2011, 04:46 AM
Banned

Bumped again.

I dont have time to fucking think anymore - but I am finding time to plan this event. You cocksuckers better come. If you are in FL and you aren't there - I need a hand written excuse from your doctor or, better yet, a coroner - as to why you did not attend.

Come on - have you seen Lacey's pic? The little thing is as close to a living, breathing angel as you'll see in your life. Come help her or you rot in hell forever.

(I should have a job in public relations - I'm eloquent)

Tease: Stops will include - as previously mentioned - BARS, something that could send you flying 1000's of feet in the air, and a very HAUNTED stop! Oh hell YEAH!

Last edited by karnuvore; 01-06-2011 at 04:49 AM.
post #15 of 124 Old 01-06-2011, 07:32 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

C'mon how about a show of hands??? Who is planning on attending? If you folks get a Hotel room I will host a Big Party at my place and we can call it our begining of the year JKO and other Jeep Freaks Bash.

It'll be a blast.

Jester
Jester Offroad

863-875-7907
post #16 of 124 Old 01-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Banned

You know who never comes to our events? Grant!

Orlando Jeepers? Tampa Jeepers? Slackers?

post #17 of 124 Old 01-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Rock God

Hey Grant I will bring a Goat for you

post #18 of 124 Old 01-06-2011, 04:52 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

So if I can make it I will fly down. Orlando is the closest airport right? Pick me up in the Hemi Jeep?

Quote:

post #19 of 124 Old 01-07-2011, 05:30 PM
JKO Addict!

2 here.... step up bitches... ldyock and I don't wanna have a whole hotel to ourselves

08 2 door (yes they made them) 3.5 RK lift, 35s lunchbox locked 30 front 44 LSD rear

Ocala Jeep Club CERT member. Nation's 1st jeep CERT team

Proud to be deplorable

post #20 of 124 Old 01-09-2011, 04:19 PM
JKO Addict!

You know Im there. I need a hotel big enough for the tow pig, trailer and Jeep. Did you work on event rates? Let me know.

I also know the MFJC will be there bit dont have a count. Milli is the new Pres and could probably get you that.

YO PANHANDLE.....WHERE U AT?
post #21 of 124 Old 01-09-2011, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkob1060 View Post
So if I can make it I will fly down. Orlando is the closest airport right? Pick me up in the Hemi Jeep?
You got it Tim. You fly down and we'll take care of everything else.

Jester
Jester Offroad

863-875-7907
post #22 of 124 Old 01-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Granite Guru

As long as I don't need 4wd and my pharm preceptor doesn't slam me with work, I think I should be able to swing this. I've been meaning to go to some kind of Jeep gathering. Are the specific details finalized yet??

Ohh and it would be the weekend after my 25th B-day. So this could be very fun and a good idea to make it. Nothing like helping others. You guys are great.

07 JKU Rescue Green with 3.5" RK Mid-Arm Flex w/ Bilstein 5100s, 5.13's, Eaton E-Locker, 35" MT Baja ATZ, 17" DC Torque wheels, Monstalined tub, Home-made front bumper with Smittybilt XRC-8 winch, Wild Boar rack w/ IPF 968 lights, K&N Intake, Gibson Exhaust.
Future Mods: 2wd-4wd conversion = completed!

Last edited by jeepRcreepR; 01-10-2011 at 09:32 PM.
post #23 of 124 Old 01-11-2011, 11:07 AM
Banned

Details finalized? The route is set. The starting/ending points are set. They will be posted this evening.

We have several prizes up for grabs via raffles. Good stuff too. Not shitty stuff like hats, hoodies, tshirts. Real prizes!

Come on out and BRING people with you. They dont have to be in Jeeps to participate. It's for charity!

post #24 of 124 Old 01-11-2011, 01:56 PM
JKO Addict!

Now if only I had a place to sleep...
post #25 of 124 Old 01-11-2011, 03:25 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster View Post
Now if only I had a place to sleep...
Good point...What's the closest area with hotels???

07 JKU Rescue Green with 3.5" RK Mid-Arm Flex w/ Bilstein 5100s, 5.13's, Eaton E-Locker, 35" MT Baja ATZ, 17" DC Torque wheels, Monstalined tub, Home-made front bumper with Smittybilt XRC-8 winch, Wild Boar rack w/ IPF 968 lights, K&N Intake, Gibson Exhaust.
Future Mods: 2wd-4wd conversion = completed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode