Any trails or wheeling around Panama City??? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 11-02-2010, 05:09 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Any trails or wheeling around Panama City???

Going to be heading down to Panama City Beach for Thanksgiving....wondering if there are any trails or places to wheel around the area???

ParrotHead Racing....we love going PHast!
2010 JK Unlimited, 3" Zone lift, 33" Fierce Attitudes, PSC Brawler Lite front, XRC8comp winch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 11-02-2010, 04:46 PM
Granite Guru

The crew from up there will have to speak up... but back in themid 80s to about 90 we used to wheel the intercoastal waterways sand dunes. It was a blast. Dont know if its still open though.
post #3 of 10 Old 11-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJK View Post
The crew from up there will have to speak up... but back in themid 80s to about 90 we used to wheel the intercoastal waterways sand dunes. It was a blast. Dont know if its still open though.
rooster, we need to check into these dunes. should start east of 331 on 98. i had an oakaloosa cty employee tell me 10-15 yrs ago him and his friends used to ride back there. don't know the situation today, but we should check into it.

04 Unlimited
12 JKUS Rock Lobster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 11-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Rock God

I live there, most of it West of Inlet Beach has been closed, or is hard to get to. Some because of the new school, most because it was bought for development a few years ago. There are still areas you can get to, just not many that are very long. Mostly little under 1/2 mile stretches Don't know about East.

Davesrb
post #5 of 10 Old 11-05-2010, 05:15 AM
JKO Addict!

Its a little far but someone said you can wheel at Apalachicola. However there is a ranger station between 30A and Panama City that Im going to stop at and see if we can wheel in the woods there. It looks like a lot of wooded property and it appears there are some trails. I was going to go by there and give them the whole we tread lightly speech and see if they will let us in from time to time to play. Craig if so you and I should go check it out one day so we can plan our ride.
post #6 of 10 Old 11-05-2010, 09:51 AM
Wheeler

Rooster,

That area is called Point Washington.. You can google and even find a map...
Recently they put slag down on the major raods.. But a few roads have water holes and sand.. Point Washington land starts in Blue Mountain Beach (SR83) and runs east almost to Rosemary.. No permit required.. You just have to stay on the marked roads..

Col Reb..
post #7 of 10 Old 11-05-2010, 11:52 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Reb View Post
Rooster,

That area is called Point Washington.. You can google and even find a map...
Recently they put slag down on the major raods.. But a few roads have water holes and sand.. Point Washington land starts in Blue Mountain Beach (SR83) and runs east almost to Rosemary.. No permit required.. You just have to stay on the marked roads..

Col Reb..
SWEET! Maybe this will be our 11/20 ride. Thanks for the info!
post #8 of 10 Old 11-05-2010, 03:13 PM
Rock God

Rooster, Point Washington is where I live. The Ranger station is about 2 miles from my house. I know most of the trails through the State Forrest, but the slag (large gravel) that they have put down on the major roads kinda sucks! Still a lot of miles to ride through the woods though. Give me a call if you are headed out this way!

I've got 5 acres here, so if we are ever headed out for a ride in this area, we can meet up at my place if you want. Plenty of room to leave any extra vehicles if people need. Or for beer after the ride! BYOB!!

Also, Eden State Park is my next door neighbor. No place to ride, but pretty if anyone is interested.

Davesrb

Last edited by Davesrb; 11-05-2010 at 03:18 PM.
post #9 of 10 Old 11-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster View Post
Its a little far but someone said you can wheel at Apalachicola. However there is a ranger station between 30A and Panama City that Im going to stop at and see if we can wheel in the woods there. It looks like a lot of wooded property and it appears there are some trails. I was going to go by there and give them the whole we tread lightly speech and see if they will let us in from time to time to play. Craig if so you and I should go check it out one day so we can plan our ride.
sounds good to me.

04 Unlimited
12 JKUS Rock Lobster
post #10 of 10 Old 11-05-2010, 06:33 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesrb View Post
Rooster, Point Washington is where I live. The Ranger station is about 2 miles from my house. I know most of the trails through the State Forrest, but the slag (large gravel) that they have put down on the major roads kinda sucks! Still a lot of miles to ride through the woods though. Give me a call if you are headed out this way!

I've got 5 acres here, so if we are ever headed out for a ride in this area, we can meet up at my place if you want. Plenty of room to leave any extra vehicles if people need. Or for beer after the ride! BYOB!!

Also, Eden State Park is my next door neighbor. No place to ride, but pretty if anyone is interested.

Davesrb
Sweet! Sounds like we need to check that out and thank you for offering your land as an ending spot. That would be pretty cool!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode