New JK Owner: Introductions and advice needed - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 10-23-2010, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

New JK Owner: Introductions and advice needed

Hey everyone. Always wanted to do it and finally did... Bought a flame red jk last night and now I'm jonesin' to upgrade already! Three things on my list at first but I need some local advice on where/who/how to go. Those are:

1. A/C - didn't have one on the lot with it, so that's on me.
2. Wheels/tires - how big can I go without lifting and who's got the best local deals?
3. Forgive my ignorance in what they're really called but... the black tube rail step ups between the fenders.

Any tips or advice? Or just say hi, whatever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 10-23-2010, 12:07 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Welcome to JKO

A/C = top and doors off

On a JK you can go with 35" tires if you don't mind trimming fenders and pinch seam ...I don't know about local deals, but we got some great vendors to choose from. I'd recommend RiverCityOffroad ...Marcus has been giving some great deals on tires.

What you describe are nerf bars ...look at a good set of rocker armor/rails ...plenty to choose from

Make it yours ...cheers.

My Build Thread ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NE Trail Ride Thread ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
post #3 of 16 Old 10-23-2010, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Welcome to jkowners.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 10-23-2010, 12:23 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Welcome, have fun - do your homework and spend your money once and wisely. In other words, don't be like me.
post #5 of 16 Old 10-23-2010, 12:55 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

they make vehicles without ac? haha

wheel, wave and have fun.

im not near you, so i dont know the area, but try roco4x4. they are a member of the forum and worked on hitmokeys jeep.

the above is most likely irrelevant.
jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler, abendx is my hero, project-jk, jeep JK, JK wrangler, JK, JKO
post #6 of 16 Old 10-23-2010, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks guys. All good suggestions... And I'm gonna heed the advice of spend it wisely and once, I've made that mistake before and don't intend to again. See you on the road... or off.

2010 Flame Red JK Sport.
35" ProComp Xtreme All Terrain Radial
17" Black/Red Ballistic Jester Rims
4" Stage I Lift Kit with ES9000 Shocks
Smittybuilt XRC Stubby Stinger Front Bumper
Warn M8000 Winch
Hitch
post #7 of 16 Old 10-23-2010, 06:38 PM
Rock God

Garage

First, welcome to the best JK board on the web.

Second, decide what you want to do with Jeep first. Look in the scrapbook section and see what you like and dislike. You can go from any where from mild to extreme, just depends on what you want. Good luck and enjoy your new ride.

2008 Rubicon Unlimited | Rescue Green | OME Long Travel HD Lift | Raceline Monster Beadlocks | 39.5 Irok Bias Tires| 5.13 Gears | PSC BFH Front Bumper | PSC Flares | PCS Crusher Corners |PSC Rock Brawler Rear w/tire carrier | Warn 9.5ti | ARB High Flow On Board Air | sPOD |Rock Hard Sport Cage | Poly High Steer Kit | Poly Front Track Bar Brace | Alloy Chromoly Rear Axle Shafts
post #8 of 16 Old 10-23-2010, 06:49 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

oh and http://www.pirate4x4.com/store/

the above is most likely irrelevant.
jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler, abendx is my hero, project-jk, jeep JK, JK wrangler, JK, JKO
post #9 of 16 Old 10-23-2010, 07:48 PM
Rock God

Garage

Welcome to the Forum!!

Rock Krawler, Poison Spyder, Rigid Industries, Currie and more.

OR CALL 813.361.0869

post #10 of 16 Old 10-23-2010, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks guys... its nice to be a part of the forum... and the CLUB for that matter... It was sooo cool to have a guy in kick ass, doorless, mud covered, old JK give me the wave today! I felt like I "belonged." lol.

So, update... 32" tires are looking a LOT more expensive than I thought... so I'm gonna have to keep doing my homework. But I'm already eyeballing a couple rock rails and rocker guards...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RRC-R...Q5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JEEP-...Q5fAccessories

and my FAVORITE (if I can find it in 2-door)
http://www.jcwhitney.com/src-texture...?skuId=1024586

but out of curiousity, what's a good price?

2010 Flame Red JK Sport.
35" ProComp Xtreme All Terrain Radial
17" Black/Red Ballistic Jester Rims
4" Stage I Lift Kit with ES9000 Shocks
Smittybuilt XRC Stubby Stinger Front Bumper
Warn M8000 Winch
Hitch
post #11 of 16 Old 10-23-2010, 09:53 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

welcome to jko. good luck with the build and have fun. set prioritys on parts and youll be good to go and dont forget to come ride with everyone

Everyone else can BLOW themselves cause im bad as FUCK!
post #12 of 16 Old 10-23-2010, 09:58 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayzero View Post
Thanks guys... its nice to be a part of the forum... and the CLUB for that matter... It was sooo cool to have a guy in kick ass, doorless, mud covered, old JK give me the wave today! I felt like I "belonged." lol.

So, update... 32" tires are looking a LOT more expensive than I thought... so I'm gonna have to keep doing my homework. But I'm already eyeballing a couple rock rails and rocker guards...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RRC-R...Q5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JEEP-...Q5fAccessories

and my FAVORITE (if I can find it in 2-door)
http://www.jcwhitney.com/src-texture...?skuId=1024586

but out of curiousity, what's a good price?
if your looking for a set of 32s you can find a set of rubi take offs for cheap.

are you looking for side protection only or do you want a step? if you just want protection id find a set of rubicon rock rails. thats what i did i think i paid 80 for em. they are very stout peices.

Everyone else can BLOW themselves cause im bad as FUCK!
post #13 of 16 Old 10-23-2010, 10:13 PM
Rock God

Garage

Welcome!!

JKOutcast
post #14 of 16 Old 10-24-2010, 05:42 AM
Rock God

Garage

Not sure where Davie Florida is but if you are near central florida Jeepers Den in Orlando has always treated me right. They also have used wheels and tires for that matter.

In my opinion like someone else already stated, "Spend your Money once and wisley". You can find easy ways to side step some money but trust me you will eventually want to run at least 35"s so put a good lift now and get the tires and wheels you want. You may have to wait due to money but don't buy something to just get you by....You will find lots of great deals and lots of great take offs in this for sale section on this forum. My 2 cents.

Welcome to the lifestyle.

Jester
Jester Offroad

863-875-7907
post #15 of 16 Old 10-24-2010, 06:13 AM
Rock God

welcome to the forum
search the for sale board on here. you can get a good set of 5 32" rubicon take offs ( rims + tires) for around $500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukecage View Post
If I hear banjos I'm out! I almost feel like an alien being a black guy in a jeep already, this is gonna be a real adventure
post #16 of 16 Old 10-24-2010, 07:25 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Welcome to JKO!

2014 Rubicon on the build!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode