Bestop Trektop in FL - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 10-21-2010, 05:30 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Bestop Trektop in FL

Ok guys, figured I'd post up on this since it is more Florida oriented.

I received my shiny new (new version with tailgate bar) bestop trek top from quadratec last week. Initial install went pretty smooth and it even sealed up pretty good since all my weatherstripping is only 2k miles old.. looked fantastic on the back with the slantback look and was nice and tight. The top did not fit quite right for me and im pretty lax on my standards. The rain gutters kept getting caught in the doors front and rear and there was no remedy for that. Well this past Saturday the wife and I went out to visit Anthony and George so I could drool over Anthony's JK (thanks for that Anthony) and on the way there the wife asked if we could pull over and roll the top back. well rolled the top back and tried to button it down with the straps. I guess my wife is better at this than I am because her side snapped down fine and my strap on my side just fell off the top all together. Was a little mad but we buttoned it back up and went on our way. Got to W&S and even Anthony thought the top looked f-ed up on the top and didnt fit right. Well I spent the rest of the week trying to get it right and it just wouldnt fit correctly with the temp changes.

Fit great in the morning when it was 58 degrees and fit like crap at lunch when it was 90. Not to mention with the 70 mph speed limits on the interstates here the top constantly had the bump in the roof like old CJs and it would pull so hard that the velcro was never able to remain stuck to itself after 15 minutes on I-75.

So it was just re-united with the UPS man yesterday to make its way back to Quadratec. Kudos to them in the end for sending a pre-paid slip instead of me paying shipping back.

**STAY AWAY FROM THE BESTOP TREKTOP IN FLORIDA**

2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Mountain Edition

"Judging by the looks of your Jeep, is the purpose to drive over the rocks or thru them?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 10-21-2010, 05:30 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

oh and I know.. useless without pics.. eat it!

2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Mountain Edition

"Judging by the looks of your Jeep, is the purpose to drive over the rocks or thru them?"
post #3 of 11 Old 10-21-2010, 06:35 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Thanks for the post. I'm in the market for a new top and I've been eyein this one... guess I get to keep shoppin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
zjr- I'm not that horny, but I have been known to salivate over your meat.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 10-21-2010, 06:43 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

i have had all 3 versions and the one with the rain gutters was the worst in my mind...... I sold it shortlky after sema it had less than 200 miles on it. Joepile bought it and he is haveing great luck with it. I have the previous version wich i still currently run and i have had Zero issues....... sorry to hear your troubles man
post #5 of 11 Old 10-21-2010, 06:44 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrock View Post
Thanks for the post. I'm in the market for a new top and I've been eyein this one... guess I get to keep shoppin.
ewwww. fawkin ditto here. I was thinking of that one since I've read way too many horror stories about customer service with the ORH product....

guess I'll keep looking for now...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 11 Old 10-21-2010, 06:47 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SulVento View Post
ewwww. fawkin ditto here. I was thinking of that one since I've read way too many horror stories about customer service with the ORH product....

guess I'll keep looking for now...

shamless sales pitch******

lol
im selling version 2 cheap
post #7 of 11 Old 10-21-2010, 07:20 AM
Granite Guru

I was looking at this too. Looks like most of you guys are running unlimited's...wonder how they fit on a 2 door?
Anyone heard or experienced this?

Thanks.
post #8 of 11 Old 10-21-2010, 07:37 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

For what it's worth ...even though I had one of the worst experiences/wait times with ORH ...now that I have it on the Jeep and have driven with it for a week (up to 75 mph sustained) I love the top. Maybe dealing with Tim is no more or less hassle than going through several Trektops.

Food for thought ...cheers.

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
post #9 of 11 Old 10-21-2010, 07:43 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-jeep View Post
For what it's worth ...even though I had one of the worst experiences/wait times with ORH ...now that I have it on the Jeep and have driven with it for a week (up to 75 mph sustained) I love the top. Maybe dealing with Tim is no more or less hassle than going through several Trektops.

Food for thought ...cheers.
I've had my orh top for a year and a half
Took about 6 weeks to get it
I love it, no problems well worth the wait

95 Hemi YJ on Treps with a ton of cool custom work

*gone*09rubi unlimited Rock Krawler 5.5 long arm w/rrd Coilovers 37 Falken wildpeak's Currie 60's
post #10 of 11 Old 10-21-2010, 07:45 AM
Granite Guru

Yeah I followed your story EJeep and am very happy you came out OK in the end. I'm really close to just biting the bullet and going with ORH for the exact reason you mentioned....Buying something quality and having to wait for it vs. buying a POS and getting it right away = I'll take quality any day. Guess I should order now so I'll have it for summer. ;-)

Any tips for a potential ORH customer?
post #11 of 11 Old 10-22-2010, 06:35 AM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via AIM to DataByte Send a message via Yahoo to DataByte

Got the fix for ALL your problems..,
Check out the signature....
Promise you will be happy.
-yellow star vendor
- zero hardware
-fits under the hard/soft top without removal

Matthew D

2008 Silver Sahara

*Mention JKOWNERS.com for a 10% discount at checkout*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode