- 3.5" Rubicon Express lift /w 1.25" BL
- 5.38 Yukon gears
- 40" Pro Comp MT2's
- Lot's of extra's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 01-16-2015, 07:37 PM
Granite Guru

I was not able to go to Jeeptoberfest last year so I'll be going to this one.
post #3 of 25 Old 01-16-2015, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Jeeptoberfest was great last year! i'm not 100% sure but I believe the courses in this event will be different than the courses in Jeeptoberfest 2014.

2011 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
- 5.38 Yukon gears
- 40" Pro Comp MT2's
- Lot's of extra's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old 01-17-2015, 07:13 PM
JKO Addict!

I'm in the Ocala Jeep Club and I can guaran damn tee you the courses are different... About the only thing left alone... So far, Is the extreme course

Trust me, I was there last weekend

08 2 door (yes they made them) 3.5 RK lift, 35s lunchbox locked 30 front 44 LSD rear

Ocala Jeep Club CERT member. Nation's 1st jeep CERT team

Proud to be deplorable

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 25 Old 01-17-2015, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ockgator View Post
I'm in the Ocala Jeep Club and I can guaran damn tee you the courses are different... About the only thing left alone... So far, Is the extreme course

Trust me, I was there last weekend
i saw on facebook where the courses were going to be changed, just wasn't for sure if it was going to be done before this event. I enjoyed the courses at the last Jeeptoberfest. lots of fun and i'm looking forward to it this year.

- 5.38 Yukon gears
- 40" Pro Comp MT2's
- Lot's of extra's
post #6 of 25 Old 01-21-2015, 06:40 AM
Rock God

This looks like a good time, and I'm especially excited to see its open to all brands of rigs. Not enough events around Florida like that... I'm in for sure!
post #7 of 25 Old 01-21-2015, 08:16 PM
JKO Addict!

A bunch of broken concrete has been removed and 4 truckloads arrived last weekend.... Backhoe, trackhoe and construction forklift are going pretty much all weekend long until event.

Bunny course is now a bit longer at 1.6 miles.... We're looking for the extra 3000 feet to make it 2 miles, Don't think it'll happen but who knows?

Anything else is classified.... I can tell you but then I have to kill you

08 2 door (yes they made them) 3.5 RK lift, 35s lunchbox locked 30 front 44 LSD rear

Proud to be deplorable

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 25 Old 02-15-2015, 07:26 PM
Rock God

I was looking for info such as date, directions, phone #, website, ETC... Anybody privied to that info? And for you old timer JK'ers... Just like a case of the herpes, I'm back again.

Buy *made in
. . .. While you still can.
post #9 of 25 Old 02-15-2015, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

all of that info is on the flyer.

- 5.38 Yukon gears
- 40" Pro Comp MT2's
- Lot's of extra's
post #10 of 25 Old 02-16-2015, 06:06 PM
Granite Guru

post #11 of 25 Old 02-18-2015, 04:49 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoCop View Post
all of that info is on the flyer.

Yeah, I can't quite make out what that little green box in the lower right corner says.

Buy *made in
. . .. While you still can.
post #12 of 25 Old 03-10-2015, 01:15 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

SOAR came and went and this is my closing thoughts.

keep in mind that I was only able to go on Sunday. I will compare it to Jeeptoberfest in which I participated in last year. just like this year at SOAR, I only attended Sunday at Jeeptoberfest.

IMO Jeeptoberfest was a heck of a lot better. my biggest complaint with SOAR was the with the vendors. they advertised 400 vendors and I just couldn't see that. when I got there Sunday there was only about 6 vendors. I find it hard to believe that 394 vendors packed up and left after the first day of a 2 day event. this was a big let down for me. I mainly went to check out the vendors. when I went to Jeeptoberfest last year on the Sunday, the vendors were everywhere. it actually took me a couple hours to visit each vendor and check out their stuff.

the three courses at SOAR were basically the same as at Jeeptoberfest. I did notice a few things here and there that changed but for the most part it was the same thing. the stock trail at SOAR was definitely a lot easier than the stock trail at Jeeptoberfest. I ran the entire stock trail at SOAR in 2wd which I didn't do at Jeeptoberfest. I can't compare the modified trail between the two because I did not run the modified trail at Jeeptoberfest. I did run the modified trail at SOAR and while I did have fun, my Jeep completed every obstacle fairly easy. my only complaint with the modified trail was all of the tight turns. it made driving it in a 4dr quite a chore. it is understandable though given the limited space there is to work with.

overall I don't believe I will go to SOAR next year. I think I will skip it and just schedule a ride somewhere with other Jeepers. I will be going to Jeeptoberfest again this year.

- 5.38 Yukon gears
- 40" Pro Comp MT2's
- Lot's of extra's
post #13 of 25 Old 03-10-2015, 04:56 PM
Rock God

I didn't go last year but I was there this year Saturday and Sunday. I agree there were not many vendors we saw them all in like 10 minutes but I didn't go to see the vendors so I wasn't disappointed at all. I had a great time and will go back next year!

One thing to note is the modified course was easier on Sunday. The rock gardens got shifted and flattened after all the wheeling saturday, Sunday was much easier.

The extreme course looked like it took a lot of work to build and I only saw 5 rigs run it over both days. In my opinion they could have made part of that the modified course where the majority of people would get use out of it.

Camping was good except like 8 trains came through during the night. Being awakend by freight trains every 45 minutes was very annoying, lol
post #14 of 25 Old 03-10-2015, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

did you go to Jeeptoberfest last year? maybe I just had to high of hopes for SOAR because I kept comparing it to Jeeptoberfest. Jeeptoberfest was MUCH larger and had a way better turn out. I guess I was expecting more since this was an all manufacture 4x4 event and not just Jeeps.

- 5.38 Yukon gears
- 40" Pro Comp MT2's
- Lot's of extra's
post #15 of 25 Old 03-10-2015, 10:16 PM
JKO Addict!

They ended up putting a hard bottom on most of the water just to keep vehicles moving... In that respect the bunny course may have been a bit easier.

I will pass along the comments to the powers that be..... My sorry ass was stationed at the 1st pit in the bunny course so I didn't get to see any of the main action

Proud to be deplorable

post #16 of 25 Old 03-10-2015, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ockgator View Post
They ended up putting a hard bottom on most of the water just to keep vehicles moving... In that respect the bunny course may have been a bit easier.

I will pass along the comments to the powers that be..... My sorry ass was stationed at the 1st pit in the bunny course so I didn't get to see any of the main action
the courses weren't "bad". I understand that you can only do what you can with the limited space that you have to work with. if I could change only 1 thing with the courses it would probably be to do away with the extreme course to have more room for the stock and modified courses. I say this because 99% of the course participants only used these 2 courses. I know you try to have something for everyone but when your dealing with such little room, you have to sacrifice somewhere. like I said, the biggest let down for me was the vendor issue.

on another note, ya'll did one hell of a job at Jeeptoberfest!

- 5.38 Yukon gears
- 40" Pro Comp MT2's
- Lot's of extra's
post #17 of 25 Old 03-11-2015, 04:45 AM
Wheeler

No wonder you did the STOCK course in 2wd, you have Rubicon lifted 3.5" sitting on 37" tires. Hence the words "Stock course"
post #18 of 25 Old 03-11-2015, 07:23 PM
Granite Guru

This was hosted by The Market of Marion, not the Ocala Jeep Club. Though I'm sure they worked with them on this. That might be why there was so few vendors. And this is only their 2nd year at doing this ( from what I was told ) so not a lot of people knew about it.
But to me it was a mini Jeeptoberfest. But no long lines to go on the courses.
And besides the weather was great that weekend.
The 400 vendors,, they were talking about the flee market.
post #19 of 25 Old 03-12-2015, 01:18 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonb1032 View Post
No wonder you did the STOCK course in 2wd, you have Rubicon lifted 3.5" sitting on 37" tires. Hence the words "Stock course"
i also had my 9 year old son with me who wanted to ride the courses. he was only allowed to ride on the stock course because of his age. there were also STOCK Jeeps out there with nothing more than 33" tires running the course in 2wd. yes it was a little tougher for them to do it than me but the point is that course was not difficult at all with any Jeep.

- 5.38 Yukon gears
- 40" Pro Comp MT2's
- Lot's of extra's

Last edited by CamoCop; 03-12-2015 at 01:31 AM.
post #20 of 25 Old 03-12-2015, 01:26 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrubitm View Post
This was hosted by The Market of Marion, not the Ocala Jeep Club. Though I'm sure they worked with them on this. That might be why there was so few vendors. And this is only their 2nd year at doing this ( from what I was told ) so not a lot of people knew about it.
But to me it was a mini Jeeptoberfest. But no long lines to go on the courses.
And besides the weather was great that weekend.
The 400 vendors,, they were talking about the flee market.
I think there were only couple hundred vehicles who registered for the courses at SOAR where there were a couple thousand who registered for Jeeptoberfest last year.

- 5.38 Yukon gears
- 40" Pro Comp MT2's
- Lot's of extra's
post #21 of 25 Old 03-12-2015, 12:22 PM
Wheeler

The stock course is a great thing for inexperienced drivers. Most Floridians have never had the opportuniy to ride a trail with such obstacles. usually it's just sand and mud either way it's Flat. I have ridden the stock course at Markets of Marion for the last several years, and loved it, but then again my stock Rubi Unlimited is sitting on 32" tires. Just make sure they don't forget us little guys.
post #22 of 25 Old 03-12-2015, 01:00 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoCop View Post
I think there were only couple hundred vehicles who registered for the courses at SOAR where there were a couple thousand who registered for Jeeptoberfest last year.

Ya,, I see your point, but Everyone knows about Jeeptoberfest because it's been out there for years and it's advertised in a lot of places.
SOAR ,,, Well we'll see how things go for them in the future.
Who knows,,, maybe the vendors and jeepers just don't have the time & money to do both.
post #23 of 25 Old 03-12-2015, 09:15 PM
JKO Addict!

Had a guy come through Sunday in a bone stock YJ (they're so cute stock) and promptly fell in a hole..... Smiling all the way.
Said he just paid $2500 for it and asked me if I thought he'd been had
Another was the feller with the CJ7 with steps that used to hang on each side... Used to because the left side got ripped off one run then the right on another. The military jeep made it look easy, He ran part of the mod course.
H1 came through, He had to take off his mirrors though, Said they were $1700 (And we thought JK parts were high). Coasted through the mud on mod course.... Many times
Diesel land rover basically idled the whole bunny course

467 registered so it's about a third the size of jeeptoberfest, Double what showed last year.

One of the benefits of being in the Ocala Jeep Club is getting to run the courses numerous times during the year, We sometimes hold our monthly social there...... Owner of flea mkt is a club member.

Proud to be deplorable

post #24 of 25 Old 03-13-2015, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

I wasn't aware this was only the second year. I thought it had been going on for awhile. there is room for improvement and I hope they take my opinion as constructive criticism and not bashing. It just seemed as if the stock trail was more focused on making it as long as they could rather than obstacles. the stock trail at Jeeptoberfest had more and better obstacles.

either way, I don't regret going. it's always fun meeting new people. just not sure if I will attend next year unless they get some things worked out.

- 5.38 Yukon gears
- 40" Pro Comp MT2's
- Lot's of extra's
post #25 of 25 Old 04-16-2015, 07:50 PM
JKO Addict!

For $40 you can join the Ocala Jeep Club and ride the course many times a year, We're changing things up all the time.

In actuality we'd like to make the courses harder only problem is when we do we end up pulling a pile of Jeeps out, And most (believe it or not) Don't have any tow points. We had a counter at the bunny course water hole last Jeeptoberfest and there was over 2000 crossings for the weekend

Then there's those who swear they have a locker and attempt the moderate course

We don't mind some critique, It keeps us on our toes

Proud to be deplorable

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode