Help w/ Bushwacker Fender Flares swapout - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 11-08-2014, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Help w/ Bushwacker Fender Flares swapout

Hi - I am about to seal the deal on purchasing a 2015 JKU but the dealer is giving me the runaround about my trade-in and asking to swap my upgrades and modifications (understandable - that's a different topic for a different thread).

So, I'm going to try to return my current 2012 JKU to stock using my newly to-be purchased 2015 JKU stock parts. and sell to a private party However, my one reservation is the Fender Flares - flat style from Bushwacker. I really want to bring them forward with me but I have no idea how to do this. Supposedly they caused headaches for the service department at my previous dealer (which I negotiated into the purchase), and it's well beyond my skill level. I can wrench on and off some rock rails and front and rear bumpers but that's about it.

Is there somebody in the Tampa, St. Petes, Bradenton, Port Charlotte area who feels confident with un/installing and installing OEM flares and Bushwacker fender flares? I'll gladly throw $100 bucks your way, or possible more or less if you think this is not enough or too much. Also, I'd come to you or you could come to me - I'm in Bradenton FL right off I-75. Please let me know quick as I have a couple potential offers hinging on this one element. They want me to pay labor fees (which again I can see being fair), but I don't want a proposed 2-3 hour install turning into a "unexpectedly, it took two guys 11 hours to figure these things out" nightmare of a hangup between me and the dealer after the fact. So, I'd rather remove this potential.

Thoughts or advice here on how to move forward?

Thanks in advance!

SRQ Florida

2012 JKU Flame Red
2010 JK Black
1980 CJ-7 Renegade
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-08-2014, 11:21 PM
Granite Guru

I have the flat Bushwacker flares. They weren't to hard to install...and taking them off should be even easier. If anything taking off the oem fenders was a pain.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-09-2014, 10:06 PM
Wheeler

If you can wrench off rock rails, you can swap bushwacker flares.

There are literally like 8 phillips head screws that hold the fender to the body mounts and the body mounts are nothing more than a few 10mm (?) bolts. The most difficult part of the swap is going to be NOT breaking the body clips on the stock fender flares to transfer to your old rig.

2008 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 11-09-2014, 10:50 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to KevinJBurt

Seriously? It took 2 guys 11 hours to put flares on? WTF! Lol I hope they didn't charge you an hourly rate... Like the 2 gentlemen above me said they're not hard at all take the bushwackers off first so you have a better understanding of how to reinstall the oem's and save the clips! You're going to find out it's a piece of stake!

Always forward never straight sometimes upside-down!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkristie44 View Post
I love the cock so much that even my avatar is just a pile of hot meat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode