New JK'er in Orlando - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 08-17-2014, 07:37 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
New JK'er in Orlando

Hello Everyone

I've had my 2012 JK 2dr for 2 months now. First weekend I had it I took it to Ocala National Forest the 2nd day I had it. Then a couple of weeks later I got some 305/70/16 Iroks installed and went to Hard Rock OHV Park on July 4th. Last weekend I went exploring the off road area near Sea World.

This isn't my first jeep but its my first Jeep in the last 10yrs. Before the military I had a XJ that I wheeled at Ocala NF and Richloam a few times. And for those who remember I used to hit the mud behind Walmart in Sanford. 9yrs in the military and now I am back in Orlando.

As of right now my JK has on it the 33" Iroks, e-bay winch bumper (only temporary), and a 9.5K Superwinch. Sitting in my garage waiting to be installed: 1.75 Spacers, D30 Aussie Locker, Rugged Ridge Snorkel, Rugged Ridge hood vent, and Magnaflow Y-pipe & catback (turn down before the axle).

The reason the bumper is only temp. is because I have a Miller Syncorwave 250 Tig welder. I don't know how to weld yet but once I get my garage wired up for it I will teach myself to weld and I will build a set of bumpers and rock rails.

My plan is eventually building up the JK with a stretch to 100" wheelbase and run 37-40s with selectable lockers and 5.13 gears.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 08-18-2014, 08:04 AM
Rock God

Welcome aboard.

Semper Fi
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 Old 08-18-2014, 09:00 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Welcome to JKO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 08-19-2014, 10:28 PM
Granite Guru

Welcome. How was it out by seaworld? Been wanting to check it out.
post #5 of 15 Old 08-20-2014, 11:30 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Welcome! I am in the Clermont, FL area. Check out the Clermont Jeep Club facebook page for rides about 1 to 2 times each month. The club is free to join and is very laid back.

There is also the Orlando Jeep Club that you can check out.

Hope to run across you wheeling!

Alex

2010 JK
2.5" RK, 4.56 gears, Detriot Trutracs F/R, Or-Fab front cage, Synergy rear cage, Mastercraft Baja RS seats, and a ton of other mods!
post #6 of 15 Old 08-20-2014, 11:31 AM
Granite Guru

Welcome to JKO!

Amp'd 14 JK Unlimited Rubicon | RE 2.5 Lift | RK Control Arms | Poison Spyder Brawler Bumper & Narrow Crusher Flares | JW Speaker Headlights and Tails | Vision-X LEDs | Adams Shafts | Method Mesh Wheels | 35x12.50x17 General Grabber AT2's | SuperChips FlashPaq | Pioneer 8100NEX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 15 Old 08-21-2014, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Sea World is mud, water covers trails, and so sand pits. But I just was exploring a little by myself and was chased out by a bad reason storm. The water I had gone through to get to where I was was deep but any deeper and I wouldn't have been comfortable without a Snorkle.
post #8 of 15 Old 08-22-2014, 08:33 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

If you've been in the FL to da A for more than 5 years you'll know there's high water now, but give it a week without rain and it's an f'ing desert.

I'm not trying to steal any club's thunder, but also look at Outkast in you're on the Book of Faces. They do a lot of rides in ONF as well as trips to Hard Rock. There's also talk of a sunrise to sunset cross state cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube
Once upon a time grown men didn't act like assholes for no reason nor get butt-hurt by complete strangers.

Then the internet was born.
post #9 of 15 Old 08-22-2014, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

I was born and raised here in Orlando area, but the other week was the first time I was out to sea world with a Jeep. My uncle has told stories of when he used to go play in the mud out there in the early 80s.

I'll take a look at any club in the area, thanks.
post #10 of 15 Old 08-23-2014, 08:05 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLLawdog View Post
If you've been in the FL to da A for more than 5 years you'll know there's high water now, but give it a week without rain and it's an f'ing desert.

I'm not trying to steal any club's thunder, but also look at Outkast in you're on the Book of Faces. They do a lot of rides in ONF as well as trips to Hard Rock. There's also talk of a sunrise to sunset cross state cruise.
Our group has ridden with the Outkast guys/gals a few times. A good group of Jeepers!

2010 JK
2.5" RK, 4.56 gears, Detriot Trutracs F/R, Or-Fab front cage, Synergy rear cage, Mastercraft Baja RS seats, and a ton of other mods!
post #11 of 15 Old 08-29-2014, 10:15 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipseoffroad View Post
Our group has ridden with the Outkast guys/gals a few times. A good group of Jeepers!
Yes they are!

There's a small group heading out to ONF in the morning. Meeting in Altoona and going somewhere. My hunk of shit is back in the shop trying to figure out the transmission/T-Case leak.

Quote:
Once upon a time grown men didn't act like assholes for no reason nor get butt-hurt by complete strangers.

post #12 of 15 Old 08-31-2014, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

I was out there with the 2 guys that showed up yesterday morning. I'll lead a group to ride Sea World next weekend if anyone wants to go.
post #13 of 15 Old 09-03-2014, 02:17 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

There's an Outkast Meet n Greet Sept. 21 at Orlando Ale House in Sanford (next to Seminole Town Center Mall) 1p-3p to benefit ARNI Foundation.

Quote:

post #14 of 15 Old 09-18-2014, 08:00 PM
Rock God

Send a message via MSN to bfj aka tambil

Welcome .. This is a great forum, IMO

The area is called "swamp ghost", there is a lot of new construction in that area, but it's still a fun spot. And you can get pretty deep so either have a buddy or be self recovery sufficient. If you leave a vehicle out there it will generally get destroyed within a day.

Take care.

Proud to be an American
Shamed of our government

Native Floridian = MUD
post #15 of 15 Old 09-21-2014, 03:43 PM
Wheeler

Hey, Im new on the forum and new to jeeps as well. If any of y'all plan on hitting some trails and don't mind a newb like myself tagging along, I'm totally down. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode