Wanted: stock Sirius Radio - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 11-15-2009, 07:26 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Wanted: stock Sirius Radio

Im looking for a stock JK Sirius radio/cd player. I have the base, bone stock radio/cd/mp3 player in the jeep and want to upgrade. The other question is where to get the antenna for it, and where to place the antenna.
So if anyone has upgraded there system and has either sitting around let me know.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-15-2009, 04:35 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJK View Post
Im looking for a stock JK Sirius radio/cd player. I have the base, bone stock radio/cd/mp3 player in the jeep and want to upgrade. The other question is where to get the antenna for it, and where to place the antenna.
So if anyone has upgraded there system and has either sitting around let me know.
Thanks
Take the top ledge off the dash where the daystar panel would go and the sat ant. is right there. You have to take off that piece anyway to install a new radio. You can also put the ant. on top of the sound bar if you have a soft top.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 Old 11-16-2009, 06:56 AM
Granite Guru

I have a stock radio I'l sell ya! I don't have the stock antenna though, still using it for my new sat radio...

BTW, that antenna under where the daystar panel would go is for the compass, not sat radio unless something changed after the '07's...

Boomer (aka Chris)
'07 X 2Dr, Steel Blue Metallic

2.5" BB, Black wheels & 33's...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 11-17-2009, 10:01 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerNJ View Post
I have a stock radio I'l sell ya! I don't have the stock antenna though, still using it for my new sat radio...

BTW, that antenna under where the daystar panel would go is for the compass, not sat radio unless something changed after the '07's...
X2 on antenna, in fact if you set a cell phone directly on top of it your compass just might flip backwards! Remove the phone and it goes back to normal.... this confused the crap out of me once out in the woods

And as a matter of fact I do have stock radio/cd/sirius and I'm planning to replace it with aftermarket stuff sometime next year. Don't know how much of a hurry you're in. Maybe I'll start looking at radios with x-mas in mind, an offer on this one could push me in that direction The sirius subscription is expired though, so you'd have to fire up a new one.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." --Stephen Wright
post #5 of 9 Old 11-18-2009, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Boomer pm comingyour way...
post #6 of 9 Old 11-19-2009, 06:42 AM
Granite Guru

Ditto on my Sirius subscription, it's expired too.. In fact I used the stock radio for only a few days before I swapped it out... RobertJK, make me an offer... I don't really know what the stock radio worth (p.s., I never got your PM!), I'll have to check around & see what other guys are getting for it, I can't imagine it's worth much...

Boomer (aka Chris)
'07 X 2Dr, Steel Blue Metallic

2.5" BB, Black wheels & 33's...
post #7 of 9 Old 11-20-2009, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Boomer dont know what happened with the PM, computers dont like me
I will look around a bit tonight for prices, have no idea what they go for either. When I get a few price points I will make you a fair offer, plus the ride. I will let you know something tomorrow afternoon. (Saturday)
Thanks,
Robert
post #8 of 9 Old 11-22-2009, 07:49 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Well my research made me more confused then ever. I have found the Sirius radios from $70.00 at craigs list to the dealer price of $450.00 minus the antenna cost. One other thing I have to do is call the stealership and see if I have to reflash for the radio swap, buddy of mine thought he read that somewhere. Any one know for shure about the reflash?
Sorry this is taking so long I dont want to cheat you, but I dont want to turn this into a thousand dollar radio swap either.
post #9 of 9 Old 11-22-2009, 12:27 PM
JKO Addict!

Don't mean to hijack this thread but, I got a year of sat service when I bought it and 6 months later it don't work,,,,any one know what number to call to get it turned back on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode