1.25 acer lot in suburban estates - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 11-01-2009, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

1.25 acer lot in suburban estates

update: i got a lot there now.

lets go mudding

Last edited by bubba2u; 07-08-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 11-01-2009, 05:01 PM
Wheeler

If I had extra cash, I would be in for sure.

Orlando FL.
07 Jk Rubicon Unlimited
post #3 of 21 Old 11-02-2009, 02:16 AM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via AIM to DataByte Send a message via Yahoo to DataByte

you know... "someone" posted this on the Orlando Jeep club forum too!! Weird hugh...

Matthew D
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Silver Sahara

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Mention JKOWNERS.com for a 10% discount at checkout*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 11-02-2009, 05:42 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

thats because the bubba2u that belongs to tojc is the same bubba2u your talking to. its me walt. i don't discriminate on who i wheel with

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukecage View Post
If I hear banjos I'm out! I almost feel like an alien being a black guy in a jeep already, this is gonna be a real adventure
post #5 of 21 Old 11-02-2009, 07:33 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via AIM to DataByte Send a message via Yahoo to DataByte

apparently sarcasm dosen't translate well to the forum...

Matthew D

2008 Silver Sahara

*Mention JKOWNERS.com for a 10% discount at checkout*
post #6 of 21 Old 11-02-2009, 09:18 PM
JKO Addict!

Never hear of it. Really cool concept though!

Dont quite get the selling "lots" thing....if you cant set up camp why dont they just sell keys?

Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
-Doc Holiday
Why are you highlighting my sig? You Bastard!
post #7 of 21 Old 11-03-2009, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
Never hear of it. Really cool concept though!
Dont quite get the selling "lots" thing....if you cant set up camp why dont they just sell keys?
i posted this in the florida section thinking peolpe would know this is SWAMP LAND. its under water most of the time. you tube it. they sell dry lots you can camp on but they cost more because they are not under water. this place is only good for hunting and wheeling.
post #8 of 21 Old 11-04-2009, 11:27 AM
Rock God

Don't think I would say its good for hunting mainly camp up at the gate then ride out from there. Help if you wanted to camp you could do what some people do and just set camp up where there is no camp at
post #9 of 21 Old 11-04-2009, 11:41 AM
Banned

River Ranch does the same thing cept everyone who buys land gets a campsite w/ your purchase. www.mjlands.com sell lots at a fair price out there.

post #10 of 21 Old 11-04-2009, 11:45 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba2u View Post
i posted this in the florida section thinking peolpe would know this is SWAMP LAND. its under water most of the time. you tube it. they sell dry lots you can camp on but they cost more because they are not under water. this place is only good for hunting and wheeling.
I know what it is.
My question still stands. Why sell a lot when you cant camp on it? Why not just sell keys to the gate.

Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
-Doc Holiday
Why are you highlighting my sig? You Bastard!
post #11 of 21 Old 11-04-2009, 11:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
I know what it is.
My question still stands. Why sell a lot when you cant camp on it? Why not just sell keys to the gate.
Some places do just that.

Most of these places (like River Ranch) are land scams to begin with. In the 60s and 70s they sold swamp land to unsuspecting rubes from other states. These idiots thought they were going to come down here to retire and when they got here, they found out their land was 10 miles from ANY road and had no access to it at all.

River Ranch is hilarious. Until recently they didnt even own the gate they had established. They would literally keep you from going into the land that they didnt own. The River Ranch Property Owners Assocation (RRPOA) formed out of one of these land scams. The bulk of the land is owned by small fries (1-5) acre owners who bought the land for back taxes from unsuspecting relatives who thought the inherited FL land but never paid taxes on it. These "property owners" then formed a "property owners assocation" where they basically said, OK, we have access to 20k acres and we're giong to make this part for hunting only, this part for offroading only, and ANYONE who owns ANY land out here can set up a camp in this part over here. You cannot set up a camp on your own land at RRPOA (unless it happens to be in the camping area).

A fella wrote a book not too long ago about the RRPOA (called "Redneck Riviera" http://www.amazon.com/Redneck-Rivier.../dp/1582432953) and how he tried, and did, set up his cabin on his family's land. Long story short: the rednecks burned down his cabin and his jeep cherokee (was in the middle of the hunting area). This, of course, was after they shot at him dozens of times.

There's another, less organized, place near orlando call Holopaw. You can set up your camp ANYWHERE out there. That means that you might be laying in bed in your trailer and have a bullet pass throughyour head cuz some goober has his tree stand 100' away.

These places are strange. But fun.

Funny addendum to RRPOA. People tried over the years to fight for their land (or at least access to it) in court. Proved to be very hard to do w/ Judges, cops, and other government officials sitting on the RRPOA board and having their monthly meetings within spitting distance of the county courthouse.

Last edited by karnuvore; 11-04-2009 at 11:58 AM.
post #12 of 21 Old 11-04-2009, 01:04 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by karnuvore View Post

Most of these places (like River Ranch) are land scams to begin with. In the 60s and 70s they sold swamp land to unsuspecting rubes from other states. These idiots thought they were going to come down here to retire and when they got here, they found out their land was 10 miles from ANY road and had no access to it at all.

River Ranch is hilarious. Until recently they didnt even own the gate they had established. They would literally keep you from going into the land that they didnt own. The River Ranch Property Owners Assocation (RRPOA) formed out of one of these land scams. The bulk of the land is owned by small fries (1-5) acre owners who bought the land for back taxes from unsuspecting relatives who thought the inherited FL land but never paid taxes on it. These "property owners" then formed a "property owners assocation" where they basically said, OK, we have access to 20k acres and we're giong to make this part for hunting only, this part for offroading only, and ANYONE who owns ANY land out here can set up a camp in this part over here. You cannot set up a camp on your own land at RRPOA (unless it happens to be in the camping area).

A fella wrote a book not too long ago about the RRPOA (called "Redneck Riviera" http://www.amazon.com/Redneck-Rivier.../dp/1582432953) and how he tried, and did, set up his cabin on his family's land. Long story short: the rednecks burned down his cabin and his jeep cherokee (was in the middle of the hunting area). This, of course, was after they shot at him dozens of times.

There's another, less organized, place near orlando call Holopaw. You can set up your camp ANYWHERE out there. That means that you might be laying in bed in your trailer and have a bullet pass throughyour head cuz some goober has his tree stand 100' away.

Funny addendum to RRPOA. People tried over the years to fight for their land (or at least access to it) in court. Proved to be very hard to do w/ Judges, cops, and other government officials sitting on the RRPOA board and having their monthly meetings within spitting distance of the county courthouse.
Thanks for the info... I always wondered about that.

My dog is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to 99Ę a can. That's almost $7.00 in dog money.
post #13 of 21 Old 11-04-2009, 01:12 PM
Rock God

Quote:
I know what it is.
ummm... think about it.

If you own the land (or a piece of land) or otherwise have a stake in the property as a whole, aren't you more likely to take care of the land, to be more respectful of the land and the people with whom you share the land?

You get these assholes who are just out to make a quick buck who sell the keys to jackass little spoiled sh!t kids who come out there and dump trash everywhere, steal from and burn peoples' camps, do donuts in the parking lot/camping area, tear down trees just to do it... they tear the living sh!t out of the land and ruin it for everyone else... they tear the **** out of the trails and even the main road so no one else can get in or out... and they don't give a sh!t because they don't have a stake in it.

We have property out there. We haven't been around as long as the "old timers", but in the relatively short time we have been out there, it's amazing the changes in the landscape. We've been trapped on the property because the main road - yes Groves Road between the property and 441 - was so torn up from assholes rutting and tearing it up, that we were stuck for hours. We've had our camp robbed. We've had our camp nearly burned down. We put a whole lot of time, money, blood, sweat and tears into making a decent camp for us all to get away from the job stresses and the all the BS of life and just go out there and RIDE. And when you come home to your camp and find it's been robbed, or all the hard work you put into it burned down because of some douche screwing around with fire... IT SUCKS.

There aren't many places to ride in Floriduh. So if the landowners in SE are a little picky about who they sell lots to, and if they're a little picky about making sure the keys aren't copied, and tracking down the people who are selling of fraud copies... think about it. If you had a vested interest you would feel the same way, too, I guarantee it.

\rant

(And btw, you can camp anywhere you want, as long as there isn't an established camp there already. The caveat is that if the legal landowner of the dirt you staked your tent to shows up, you'll have to move. I'd be careful who I was buying keys/lots from if I were you. There's a lot of bad deals involving SE land.)
post #14 of 21 Old 11-10-2009, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:

very interesting history. thanks for the info

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAzGirlsDriveBadAzToyz View Post
ummm... think about it.

If you own the land (or a piece of land) or otherwise have a stake in the property as a whole, aren't you more likely to take care of the land, to be more respectful of the land and the people with whom you share the land?

You get these assholes who are just out to make a quick buck who sell the keys to jackass little spoiled sh!t kids who come out there and dump trash everywhere, steal from and burn peoples' camps, do donuts in the parking lot/camping area, tear down trees just to do it... they tear the living sh!t out of the land and ruin it for everyone else... they tear the **** out of the trails and even the main road so no one else can get in or out... and they don't give a sh!t because they don't have a stake in it.

We have property out there. We haven't been around as long as the "old timers", but in the relatively short time we have been out there, it's amazing the changes in the landscape. We've been trapped on the property because the main road - yes Groves Road between the property and 441 - was so torn up from assholes rutting and tearing it up, that we were stuck for hours. We've had our camp robbed. We've had our camp nearly burned down. We put a whole lot of time, money, blood, sweat and tears into making a decent camp for us all to get away from the job stresses and the all the BS of life and just go out there and RIDE. And when you come home to your camp and find it's been robbed, or all the hard work you put into it burned down because of some douche screwing around with fire... IT SUCKS.

There aren't many places to ride in Floriduh. So if the landowners in SE are a little picky about who they sell lots to, and if they're a little picky about making sure the keys aren't copied, and tracking down the people who are selling of fraud copies... think about it. If you had a vested interest you would feel the same way, too, I guarantee it.

\rant

(And btw, you can camp anywhere you want, as long as there isn't an established camp there already. The caveat is that if the legal landowner of the dirt you staked your tent to shows up, you'll have to move. I'd be careful who I was buying keys/lots from if I were you. There's a lot of bad deals involving SE land.)
Sorry to hear about your camp. a few asshole can rune it for everyone. this is one of the reasons i would not set up a camp at suburban. i am close enough to wheel all day and go home. thatís why i only need a wet lot so i can have access to wheel whenever i want. as far as land scams they are as old as dirt. the reason i am comfortable with this seller is that he has 7 lots to his name on the property appraisers site and the purchase will be at a title company with title insurance and a warranty deed will be issued for the lot. its not a quick claim B.S. deal. I am not selling the lot nor am I making anything on this. The cost will be divided by the four owners equally. I only want access and canít afford to buy the whole lot myself. to tell you the truth I think itís a good price as people I know have paid $1200 for a quarter share on a lot. You can legally put 4 names on the title and then get 4 keys once youíre a legal land owner Once we get four people we can meet at the title company and buy the lot. i have two others interested so we need one more person. pm me for my number if your interested.
post #15 of 21 Old 11-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Rock God

Quote:
very interesting history. thanks for the info

Sorry to hear about your camp. a few asshole can rune it for everyone. this is one of the reasons i would not set up a camp at suburban. i am close enough to wheel all day and go home. thatís why i only need a wet lot so i can have access to wheel whenever i want. as far as land scams they are as old as dirt. the reason i am comfortable with this seller is that he has 7 lots to his name on the property appraisers site and the purchase will be at a title company with title insurance and a warranty deed will be issued for the lot. its not a quick claim B.S. deal. I am not selling the lot nor am I making anything on this. The cost will be divided by the four owners equally. I only want access and canít afford to buy the whole lot myself. to tell you the truth I think itís a good price as people I know have paid $1200 for a quarter share on a lot. You can legally put 4 names on the title and then get 4 keys once youíre a legal land owner Once we get four people we can meet at the title company and buy the lot. i have two others interested so we need one more person. pm me for my number if your interested.
This a little bit easier to read
post #16 of 21 Old 11-10-2009, 01:53 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Once we get four people we can meet at the title company and buy the lot.
you've got the right idea. just ensure you have clean title and you're good.

land is cheap. you're not getting a terrible price for a key lot. anyone who pays more than that is an idiot. don't forget that you'll have to split up miscellaneous expenses like doc stamps and stuff, too.

i *might* know a couple who would be interested in going in on a key lot. right now they go out with another landowner, but can only go when he goes so they want to get their own key(s). i'll mention it to them.
post #17 of 21 Old 06-06-2010, 05:03 PM

I would be inerested.
You can email me at [email protected]
Quote:
i was out wheeling with friends yesterday at suburban estates. had a great time. i want to buy a lot in there to be able to have my own key to get in. there was a couple selling lots there. they are selling 1.25 acer WET lots for $2500. you can have up to 4 people on the deed. a wet lot gives you access to the 11000 acers but you can NOT set up a 'camp site'. he said he will pay the $300 closing cost and it would be handled at a title insurance place in Kissimmee. my question is does any one want to go in on this. with 4 people it would be $625 a piece for deeded access. i have been looking for some time and i think its a good deal. let me know what you think.
post #18 of 21 Old 06-07-2010, 06:10 AM

Partial interests can be a bad thing. If someone decides to sell you may end up owning the property with a person you may not necessarily like. Or if one of the partners does not pay the property taxes the others may be on the hook for the balance. If you decide to buy with others I would hire an attorney to work out the particulars of the agreements. And I would want a survey so I knew exactly where the lot was.
post #19 of 21 Old 06-07-2010, 09:57 PM
Granite Guru

oh ya

1st be carfull folowing SIM i broak the Elect fan and more (but it was my fault)
2nd when we were there sunday we saw 2 bucks and 5 turkys adn a lot of hog sine up in the north west area where my prop is
3rd Bubba2u I put a sighn up so you could find it PIPerBOB's place

you cant miss it its near the road and will have some bullit holes soon
I bought my dry lot for $3000 and the next one near it for 1500 so now i have
2 lots togather
to muchLast Sunday

are u going wednesday
post #20 of 21 Old 07-08-2010, 09:12 AM
Rock God

Quote:
River Ranch does the same thing cept everyone who buys land gets a campsite w/ your purchase. www.mjlands.com sell lots at a fair price out there.
Is the River Ranch you talk about the same River Ranch that holds the gncc race every year?

'08 Rubicon UL Red Rock(SOLD)
'83 CJ-7
post #21 of 21 Old 07-08-2010, 09:15 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRANGLERV8 View Post
Is the River Ranch you talk about the same River Ranch that holds the gncc race every year?
http://www.gnccracing.com/pages/gncc...ed-river-ranch

'08 Rubicon UL Red Rock(SOLD)
'83 CJ-7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode