Please come support a great cause - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 10-28-2009, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Please come support a great cause

tampa

YouTube - Badge Bowl 2009 PSA

Badge Bowl is a flag football game to benefit the Foundation of Courage, a non-profit organization supporting children in the Bay area with cancer. A portion of the proceeds from the event will be placed in a secured account to benefit a child from the Tampa Bay area that is fighting this life-threatening disease.

This year’s recipient is 5 year old Avery Ralston. Avery was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) on January 24, 2008. He is 2 years into treatment and will soon be finished with his protocol. Avery has two bothers, Austin who is 8 years old and Andrew who is 1. Avery’s mom, Ashley, spends much of her time caring for her boys and taking Avery to treatment.

Last year’s event was a tremendous success! Badge Bowl VII raised over $40,000. There were over 2,500 people in attendance.

Badge Bowl is a family event and there will be plenty for kids of all ages to see and do. Radio Disney Live is always a big hit with the kids. Tampa Fire and Tampa Police will have equipment displays on-site. There are also activities such as a bungee jump trampoline, TUG O WAR, rock climbing wall, and many other games. There will be many opportunities to win great prizes with a large display of baskets donated by the Wesley Chapel Athletic Association.

The event will be held Saturday, November 14, 2009 at Wharton High School in the New Tampa area. Gates will open for games, food, and fun at 5:00 P.M. with game time kick-off of 7:00 P.M. With everyone’s support, Badge Bowl VIII is sure to be a huge success for a worthy cause!!!

Presently, we are looking for sponsors for this year’s event. If you or anyone you know is interested in becoming a sponsor, we may be reached at (813) 767-9042 or via email at [email protected]. I look forward to hearing from you.

Michael Pease
YouTube - Badge Bowl 2009 PSA

History of the Badge Bowl
Tampa’s Bravest vs. Tampa’s Finest

To benefit 1 Voice Foundation & the Foundation of Courage

What is the Badge Bowl?
The Badge Bowl is a flag football game between Tampa Fire Fighters and Tampa Police. Prior to the football game there is a carnival atmosphere with food, games, a raffle and a silent auction with incredible prizes.

Where does the money go?
Working closely with 1 Voice Foundation, a non-profit organization providing families with emotional support and information regarding treatment protocols, clinical trials and financial assistance, the Foundation of Courage committee members select a family who has a child battling cancer and is financially devastated by the disease. Fifty percent of the net proceeds are placed in trust account to assist the selected child’s family with expenses; 25% is donated to the 1 Voice Foundation; and the final 25% is donated to the Foundation of Courage. The Foundation of Courage uses these funds throughout the year to help other families battling childhood cancer.

Last edited by tpafire5; 10-28-2009 at 10:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-29-2009, 07:30 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to .:eMETAL:. Send a message via Yahoo to .:eMETAL:.

weekends are few and far between for me but i'll see what i can do

Remember to support our great Vendors here at JKO when purchasing your Jeep goods!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 10-29-2009, 08:33 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

thats my weekend on, but ill see if i can work something out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 10-29-2009, 08:36 AM
JKO Addict!

will be in southbeach for the weekend or I would def be there!

2015 JKU Sport Virgin
post #5 of 5 Old 11-08-2009, 06:37 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

But 1 week out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode