Daytona - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 10-16-2009, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Daytona

I am coming down for a week starting the 19th. any place to wheel close by? unfortunately not going to be there for the weekend. I am trying to decide whether to drive my 2dr or my 4 dr. the 2dr is built, the 4 dr aint

I have a jeep and it goes over shit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 10-16-2009, 05:03 PM
JKO Addict!

Tiger Bay is just a couple of miles outside of Daytona down 92. The South side doesnt offer much of anything but some sandy trails and maybe some cut timber to play on. The North side will take you all the way over to 40 which is the route to the Ocala National Forest. The Ocala National Forst is going to be 40 miles or so from Daytona but very vast. It offers sandy trails and Florida nature at its finest. Thats about it...

If your here during the week come to Deland on Wednesday night 7pm to Beef O Brady's. The Mid Florida Jeep Club has their weekly meet n greet then. We usually have 40-50 people there. Its only about 17 miles from Daytona straight down 92 to Woodland or 17/92. If you think you might come I will get you the address so you can punch it into your GPS.
post #3 of 18 Old 10-16-2009, 05:58 PM
JKO Addict!

Hardrock?

08 2 door (yes they made them) 3.5 RK lift, 35s lunchbox locked 30 front 44 LSD rear

Ocala Jeep Club CERT member. Nation's 1st jeep CERT team

Proud to be deplorable

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 10-16-2009, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

cool man. Hopefully I will see you there. And thanks for the info on the trails.

post #5 of 18 Old 10-16-2009, 07:10 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ockgator View Post
Hardrock?
Not open during the week.
post #6 of 18 Old 10-19-2009, 03:24 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

headed out this morning. hopefully i will see you guys at beef o bradys. i could also use some advice on restaurants in the area. celebrating 21st anniversary and looking for the best seafood within a 1 hr drive of daytona. thanks

post #7 of 18 Old 10-19-2009, 10:01 AM
Rock God

Scottsmoor exit has some nice trails.

This is the Jeep club page in that area.

Make sure you make it down south on A1A to Ponce Inlet. Great restaurants and best beach in that area. DJ's Deck on the beach side of the Dunlawton Bridge is a good place to grab a fish sammich.

Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
post #8 of 18 Old 10-19-2009, 10:07 AM
Rock God

I love going to Bubba Gumps when in Daytona, one of my favorites!
post #9 of 18 Old 10-19-2009, 10:31 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by levellinebrad View Post
headed out this morning. hopefully i will see you guys at beef o bradys. i could also use some advice on restaurants in the area. celebrating 21st anniversary and looking for the best seafood within a 1 hr drive of daytona. thanks
If you want classy Norwood's Restaurant in New Smyrna Beach is excellent. Nice wine list, excellent food, I should know I used to work there.

Aunt Catfish in Port Orange is also good and cheaper than Norwoods. If you want to go to Titusville you can go to Dixie Crossroads. They are the only place I know of that cook rock shrimp (think mini lobsters) and they are ****ING AWESOME!!!

jk-forum, jk-forum.com jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler
post #10 of 18 Old 10-19-2009, 11:40 AM
Rock God

Hey Brad,
I'll be headed down that way in a few hours from J'ville, NC. I'll be there for a couple weeks on leave. Let me know if you want to ride.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 18 Old 10-19-2009, 12:23 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to .:eMETAL:. Send a message via Yahoo to .:eMETAL:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ockgator View Post
Hardrock?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster View Post
Not open during the week.
huh? are you high?

straight from the horses mouth...
Quote:
OFF-ROAD VEHICLE INFORMATION

Jeeps and off road vehicles only, now have a section of Hardrock to call their very own. It contains big climbs, a rock garden and trails. Open for use whenever the park is open, which is 7 days a week 10am to 5pm. So please take advantage of this unique terrain and come and join us for some fun.

Price: $25.00 per day per vehicle

Remember to support our great Vendors here at JKO when purchasing your Jeep goods!

post #12 of 18 Old 10-19-2009, 12:48 PM
Rock God

I think there is a nice place down on the inlet called the Light House. My wife and I went somewhere down there on our 5yr.

Póg mo thóin!
post #13 of 18 Old 10-19-2009, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Thanks for the info, i have eaten at Crabby Joes and the light house restaurant. I will be down all week so I will try all the rest. Damn its good to be at the beach. Probably try Norwoods for the Anniversary dinner.

post #14 of 18 Old 10-19-2009, 04:51 PM
JKO Addict!

What you need to do is check out JB's Fish Camp, 859 Pompano, New Smyrna Beach. Its a locals secret. Rock shrimp and if in season Blue Crab. Sit inside or on the water. Its a great afternoon, sun setting get away. They have live music and the food is great. Dont go to a chain and get seafood thats flown in from somewhere. I personally like the Rock Shrimp and Oysters. While in New Smyrna make a day of it. Go to the Canaveral Shore. Let me fill you in on a secret and one that might make you and your wife happy. There are no shells in Daytona or around due to an ocean shelf. You'll be lucky to find one as big as your pinky nail if your lucky. So follow A1A in New Smyrna Beach, 15 miles or so from Daytona to Canaveral State Park. There you can find starfish and shells as big as your hand on some days. Especially after the tide has went out. Drive to the very end, there are 7 parking locations. The last one is where you want to be on some days. When you exit your car and walk onto the beach if you go left you'll find fishermen and shells. Exit your car and go right you will encounter a sign about 50 yards down. Warning Nude Beach. Walk a little further, gather shells and enjoy some scenery. Now I can atest for all days and they arent all beauty queens but we go there to get shells and every now and then you'll run across a few mermaids that made it worth the trip.
post #15 of 18 Old 10-19-2009, 05:22 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3ATH3N View Post
Scottsmoor exit has some nice trails.

This is the Jeep club page in that area.

Make sure you make it down south on A1A to Ponce Inlet. Great restaurants and best beach in that area. DJ's Deck on the beach side of the Dunlawton Bridge is a good place to grab a fish sammich.
Thanks for the club plug! I wish I had seen this early and I could have set up a mid week ride. Most of us work Mon-Fri, but I'm sure we could have found a good guide.

For more scenery and wildlife, try Merrit Island Wildlife Refuge. It's on the North end of Brevard just outside of Volusia. It's all paved, but designed for idle speed. Usually you'll see water fowl, gators and an occasional eagle.
post #16 of 18 Old 10-20-2009, 05:08 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLLawdog View Post
Thanks for the club plug! I wish I had seen this early and I could have set up a mid week ride. Most of us work Mon-Fri, but I'm sure we could have found a good guide.

For more scenery and wildlife, try Merrit Island Wildlife Refuge. It's on the North end of Brevard just outside of Volusia. It's all paved, but designed for idle speed. Usually you'll see water fowl, gators and an occasional eagle.
No problem. Last time I was in Merrit Island, they had blocked off a lot of the trails. Sucks.

What is the Scottsmoor area looking like for the Oct 30th ride? I would love to do a night ride down there, but I have no desire to fill the Jeep with swamp water. I think I will find that thread and bring it btt...

Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
post #17 of 18 Old 10-20-2009, 05:34 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Our Prez went out a week or so ago and scouted it solo. He said it wasn't quite as wet as Bubba's pic, but there were still enough holes to make it fun. There was word of a scouting party just prior to the ride to get the course set.
post #18 of 18 Old 10-20-2009, 07:12 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLLawdog View Post
Our Prez went out a week or so ago and scouted it solo. He said it wasn't quite as wet as Bubba's pic, but there were still enough holes to make it fun. There was word of a scouting party just prior to the ride to get the course set.
Sweet. I bumped the original thread.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode