Upcoming FL poker Run - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 160 Old 10-08-2009, 12:42 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Upcoming FL poker Run

UPDATE: We have a date for this event:

January 23, 2010

When: Saturday January 23, 2010 From 11Am-5PM
Where: Starts at Hurricane Grill, 6370 Cypress Gardens Blvd, Winter Haven, FL 33884
How Much: The registration fee is $20.00 per participant. All vehicles are welcome. More than one occupant per vehicle may participate, however all participants must pay the entrance fee to eligible for the grand prize. T-shirts will also be available for sale at the event.
Donations By Mail: Make checked payable to Jacked Up Jeep Club, Inc. (include in memo - "Lacey Pate Fund") mail to: 115 Lake Ring Drive, Winter Haven, Florida 33884

Link to preregistration page AND map to event:

www.jackedupjeepclub.com/lacey

There is going to be a poker run in central fl (read: polk county) in January, possibly February. we are in the beginning stages of planning a poker run to benefit a VERY sick lil girl who is a neice of someone who is in our club. We have decided that our charity will be someone local, an individual, vs. a charitable organization (not that there's anything wrong w/ that).

ANYWAYS....

I made some promises at our Jeep Club meeting tonite re: you guys. I told them you are all a bunch of class acts who will answer the call when we finally get a date and plans organized for this poker run. We expect to have great prizes, a lot of fun, and to help a very sick little girl get a surgery she needs - as well get her family TO the surgery in Texas.

A few of you owe me favors - I expect you to ante up. The rest of you - follow suite and do the right thing. I, no, SHE, is counting on the charity and generosity of a bunch of Jeepers. I know you wont let me down.

VENDORS: If you want to donate to this event - I will have details regarding our lil Angel and how you can help out in a few days. So far, we have a winch donated by the lil girl's uncle (a jeep club member). This is real charity for a real person.

Make me proud Jkowners .

Details to follow - in this thread....

Peace.

Last edited by karnuvore; 12-28-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 160 Old 10-08-2009, 04:01 AM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via AIM to DataByte Send a message via Yahoo to DataByte

the sooner you get a date nailed down, the sooner we can get it on the orlando jeep club forum.if you email [email protected] you may draw up some "official" support as well!and you know when he brings it up i will back it 100%!

Matthew D
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Silver Sahara

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Mention JKOWNERS.com for a 10% discount at checkout*
post #3 of 160 Old 10-08-2009, 07:40 AM
Rock God

I'm down Dave, let me know if there is anything you need help with also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 160 Old 10-08-2009, 07:46 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to .:eMETAL:. Send a message via Yahoo to .:eMETAL:.

I'm there for sure!

Remember to support our great Vendors here at JKO when purchasing your Jeep goods!

post #5 of 160 Old 10-08-2009, 07:48 AM
JKO Addict!

If its not during a race in Daytona, I'll probably be there.
post #6 of 160 Old 10-08-2009, 07:56 AM
Rock God

I'm in. keep us updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukecage View Post
If I hear banjos I'm out! I almost feel like an alien being a black guy in a jeep already, this is gonna be a real adventure
post #7 of 160 Old 10-08-2009, 08:06 AM
JKO Addict!

Most likely in, depending on date. Let us know

08 2 door (yes they made them) 3.5 RK lift, 35s lunchbox locked 30 front 44 LSD rear

Ocala Jeep Club CERT member. Nation's 1st jeep CERT team

Proud to be deplorable

post #8 of 160 Old 10-08-2009, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
Banned

I'll have a date by next week at the latest.

HEW, we had you in mind when I posted this tonite. I wanna get your club and the midFL club involved and I know that giving you guys as much notice as possible is a good thing. Do you guys have anything on you calendar yet in January or February?

Thanks for the responses already guys.

post #9 of 160 Old 10-08-2009, 09:19 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

you know I'm in even if I'm not able to attend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
A Jeep just zipped past my house and I could swear I heard the driver yellin:

"The tkob is coming!! The tkob is coming!!"
post #10 of 160 Old 10-08-2009, 05:20 PM
Rock God

We really appreciate the Interest for this Great Benefit

There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."
- General George Patton Jr
post #11 of 160 Old 10-08-2009, 05:35 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via AIM to DataByte Send a message via Yahoo to DataByte

Started a thread...
http://www.orlandojeepclub.com/phpBB...&t=2185#p16238

Matthew D

2008 Silver Sahara

*Mention JKOWNERS.com for a 10% discount at checkout*
post #12 of 160 Old 10-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Rock God

Garage

As Karn has stated this event will be planned for January or February 2010 and we will post up as soon as many of us can check our schedules. I am impressed alrewady with the reponse here but I can't say I am surprised. This site has some great people on it and no matter our political, religious, or ethnic background we all seem to pull together when its important. I even like some of you New York Yankee fans (Go Sox!!) but I would like to extend my thnaks in advance for an event that will mopst assuredly kick ass.

This is the e-mail I received from Laceys mother regarding her illness. Please take the time to read this story.

JKO Venders lets show everybody what your made of and come of those checkbooks and give us some swag.
Again the date will be posted soon and we are thinking sometime in January or February 2010.

Thanks

Jake (Jester)

In July of 1999 Lacey was born in Winter Haven, FL. She was immediately flown to Tampa General's NICU. After 2 weeks of intense testing the doctor's diagnosed her with King Syndrome. She is only the 3rd child to be born in the US with this syndrome. The doctor's said she would never live. At 3 weeks old she had her first surgery, this was to stitch down her diaphragm to allow her lung to work. This surgery was unsuccessful, so Lacey had to be on oxygen 24 hrs a day. Lacey's spine was crushing her lung, causing her to have chronic respiratory insufficiency. She had contractures of all her joints, causing her to be unable to raise her arms, walk or crawl. She also had severe kypho scoliosis, webbing of the neck, severe hearing loss, hypoglycemia, malignant hyperthermia, failure to thrive, a severe club foot and a vertical tailus. At 1 year old she had 3 surgeries to help correct her feet. She also had to have 2 surgeries on her hips. When she was 3 years old she was still on oxygen and on a bi-pap machine to help her breathe. Her lung doctor told us her condition was getting worse & if something wasn't done we could lose her. Her spine was now at a 86 degree curviture, & it was crushing her lung and in to her pelvic bone. No one in Florida could help her so they got us in contact with a doctor in Texas who had invented a surgery they thought might save Lacey's life. In Sept of 2002 when we flew out to meet with the team of doctor's Lacey was 3 years old and only weighed 18 lbs. The doctors agreed to do the surgery if Lacey had a feeding tube placed to help her gain some weight and a port so they could access her IV's since her veins were not very good. We came home & Lacey had both of those surgeries. In April of 2003 we flew back to Texas for the Titanium Rib Implant. Lacey was in a coma & on a respirator for 9 days. We were able to fly her back home a month later. The surgery helped and she was able to eventually come off of the bi-pap and is only on oxygen at night and when she is sick. Lacey had a great desire to walk and once again there was no one in Florida who could help her. Through the doctor in Texas we were able to find a surgeon who could help her but he was in Seattle. In May of 2007 we flew out and met with him and he scheduled her surgery for Oct. of 2007. She had 2 surgeries on her legs in Seattle, and we were able to bring her home 1 week before Christmas. Lacey is now able to do some walking with the help of a walker. She has now had a total of 25 surgeries & we travel every 6 months to Texas for surgery on her spine. She will continue to have surgery every 6 months for the next 7-8 years. The travel cost is an average of $3,000 - $5,000 every 6 months. Lacey requires oxygen on the plane which is $400 each trip, we rent a car and are usually in a hotel for about 2 weeks. We also have to eat each meal out or at the hospital. Lacey is a precious child with a positive attitude.

Thank you so much for considering Lacey for this fundraiser. This will truly be a blessing to her and our family.

Jester
Jester Offroad

863-875-7907

Last edited by Jester; 10-08-2009 at 06:07 PM.
post #13 of 160 Old 10-08-2009, 06:20 PM
JKO Addict!

what a cutie! great cause... count me in

2015 JKU Sport Virgin
post #14 of 160 Old 10-08-2009, 09:03 PM
Rock God

Thumbs up

She is so cute, I'd love to go. I'm just crossing my fingers that it falls on my days off.

I'd love to help make her day brighter!

Buy *made in
. . .. While you still can.
post #15 of 160 Old 10-09-2009, 08:18 AM Thread Starter
Banned

We're close to having a date. Looking like January (and yes we are working around superbowls, NCAA championships, and Races in Daytona).

post #16 of 160 Old 10-09-2009, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Banned

24 hours from a date...Looks like January 23rd. I am going to update this thread to death. You guys are going to have dreams about this event. You will not be able to get it out of your heads.

I will know in 24 hours, but again, January 23rd. Program yourself to remember that date.

Out....

post #17 of 160 Old 10-09-2009, 05:11 PM
JKO Addict!

I see you worked it around my BDay too I am down for th e23rd

2015 JKU Sport Virgin
post #18 of 160 Old 10-09-2009, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Yeah we had you in mind. It kept us up all night worrying.

post #19 of 160 Old 10-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Administrator

Garage

If at all possible I will be there... but If I can't actually attend I would like to still be able to support.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #20 of 160 Old 10-09-2009, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
Banned

We'll take all the support we can get. You know the level of professionalism you're dealing w/ here lol.

post #21 of 160 Old 10-10-2009, 05:49 AM
Rock God

Garage

The date is going to be........wait for it........wait for it..........wait for it.........................

January 23, 2010

Probably like 11am - 5pm but will be confirmed at a later time.

Jester
Jester Offroad

863-875-7907
post #22 of 160 Old 10-10-2009, 02:13 PM
Rock God

That's an increadible story. I am dealing with a situation where a friend of mine fell off a bridge at work a few months back, and the support of the local community is what's pulling his family through the tradgety. I am in.

Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
post #23 of 160 Old 10-10-2009, 05:49 PM
Rock God

Looks like I'm in!

Buy *made in
. . .. While you still can.
post #24 of 160 Old 10-10-2009, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOLsAK3 View Post
Looks like I'm in!
So I heard man. Cool.

post #25 of 160 Old 10-10-2009, 09:55 PM
JKO Addict!

We are IN

08 2 door (yes they made them) 3.5 RK lift, 35s lunchbox locked 30 front 44 LSD rear

Ocala Jeep Club CERT member. Nation's 1st jeep CERT team

Proud to be deplorable

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode