Unlimited Hard Top for Soft Top Swap - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 09-25-2009, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Unlimited Hard Top for Soft Top Swap

Hey, I would like to start by saying I haven't 100% made up my mind, but was thinking about doing a black hard top with tinted windows for a black soft top with tinted window swap plus some cash. Have any of you guys seen deals like that and if so, what do you think I should ask for cash wise in trade?

GAMERTAG: DEATHBYF1RE
RIDE: 2009 Jeep JK 4D Black Rubicon | MyGig

SETUP:
4" Skyjacker Lift | Toyo Open Country M/T 35x12.5x18 | ProComp 7089
Flowmaster 40 | 5:13 Gears | Midland 75-822 | 4' Firestik
AEV Snorkel | Warn Tube Style Front Bumper with Winch Plate | Xenon Jeep Fender Flares
Superwinch EPI 9.0s | Or-Fab TIRE/CAN CARRIER JK | Or-Fab Rock Slider Rear Bumper | KC Slim Windshield Mounted Lights | WaterProof SPAL fan | 48" Hi-Lift Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 09-25-2009, 12:30 PM
JKO Addict!

i think you should do it for an even swap for a khaki soft top with tinted windows... I think I know somebody that might intrested in that type of trade

Seriously though,
I've seen hardtops get sold for about $1000 and I've seen soft tops go for as little as $200 to $500.

I think it all depends on what the seller and the buyer agree on. To get a lot of intrest I'd say do the trade plus $200 and you should find somebody pretty quick. If you did the trade plus more money, it might take you awhile. I don't see too many people wanting a hardtop. Just my 2 cents.
post #3 of 21 Old 09-25-2009, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Yeah, I wanted one for 6 years when I had a softy, but I miss my soft top now that the nice time of year in FL is approaching.

SETUP:
AEV Snorkel | Warn Tube Style Front Bumper with Winch Plate | Xenon Jeep Fender Flares
Superwinch EPI 9.0s | Or-Fab TIRE/CAN CARRIER JK | Or-Fab Rock Slider Rear Bumper | KC Slim Windshield Mounted Lights | WaterProof SPAL fan | 48" Hi-Lift Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 09-25-2009, 12:47 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to .:eMETAL:. Send a message via Yahoo to .:eMETAL:.

just buy a soft top! and keep your hard top.

i'll sell you mine with everything to run it for 300 bucks. has some trail stripes on the windows but no holes. i'd have to dust it off and clean it up, but it's yours if you want it.

soft top
tinted windows
header channel
tailgate channel
all 4 door surrounds
all hardware.

Remember to support our great Vendors here at JKO when purchasing your Jeep goods!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 21 Old 09-25-2009, 01:10 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ImmortalityLTD

I've got a black soft top I would be willing to trade, even-steven, if you can't find anybody who wants to put up the cash.

Joel
2010 Tiki Rescue World Champion
post #6 of 21 Old 09-25-2009, 01:10 PM
Rock God

I got a soft top that a co worker of mine is selling, it is listed in the Classifieds. Brand new, never been installed or taken out of the box. We are in Winter Haven.
post #7 of 21 Old 09-25-2009, 02:38 PM
Wheeler

Hey man, how much cash we talking? i have a black soft top with tinted windows. I have been dying for a hardtop for a long time, pm me and let me know how much you were thinking and all and maybe we can work something out =D

-Zack
post #8 of 21 Old 09-25-2009, 03:58 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

sicne were talking bout tops im lookign for a 2dr soft top for cheap not looking to trade tho

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Everyone else can BLOW themselves cause im bad as FUCK!
post #9 of 21 Old 09-25-2009, 05:05 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Nasty View Post
Hey man, how much cash we talking? i have a black soft top with tinted windows. I have been dying for a hardtop for a long time, pm me and let me know how much you were thinking and all and maybe we can work something out =D

-Zack
LOL! i was so going to say pm P Nasty... he will trade! haven't seen you in awhile man!

Remember to support our great Vendors here at JKO when purchasing your Jeep goods!

post #10 of 21 Old 09-26-2009, 09:22 AM
Wheeler

=D Yeah, not to get off topic, but ive been so busy havent been able to do anything with the jeeps or get online barely. I got a full scholarship for air traffic control school so thats what im doing now. Good to hear from you again =D

And i saw your jeep in boca, my brother LOVED it. But he still got a bmw instead for his first car...the little fag, i tried to talk him into a jeep.
post #11 of 21 Old 09-26-2009, 07:10 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Nasty View Post
=D Yeah, not to get off topic, but ive been so busy havent been able to do anything with the jeeps or get online barely. I got a full scholarship for air traffic control school so thats what im doing now. Good to hear from you again =D

And i saw your jeep in boca, my brother LOVED it. But he still got a bmw instead for his first car...the little fag, i tried to talk him into a jeep.
too late... thread derailed! LOL
congrats on the schooling! you gotta come out to Jeeptoberfest!!!! would be a great platform for you and deathbyfire to do the hardtop soft top trade

post #12 of 21 Old 09-27-2009, 07:51 PM
Rock God

Exclamation

I will pay you a couple hundred and DRIVE TO TAMPA to do the Swap!! Let me know. I got the black softy with tinted windows...

ROBY

2008 Unlimited Black Sahara AKA Robicon
(O|||||||O)

Lifted with 35" MTR's, Detroit locked with 5.13's, Poison Spyder Front Bumper, Rockhard rear bumper, Rubi Rails, Poison Spyder flares, Rock Krawler front U & LCA's, Ocala Trail Scratches & some other bits and pieces.

God Bless those that keep our Freedom Free!!
John3:16

Last edited by FLG8TR; 09-27-2009 at 07:53 PM.
post #13 of 21 Old 10-04-2009, 07:09 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Hey, does anyone know if the 2009 hard top fits 2007, 2008 and 2009? I am thinking about advertising this thing for sale and was just wondering.

SETUP:
post #14 of 21 Old 10-04-2009, 07:19 AM
Granite Guru

Dave, I'll take it and I'll wire you SPAL fan at no charge. How can you pass that up FRIEND.

"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken." Psalm 62:1-2
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke
post #15 of 21 Old 10-04-2009, 12:39 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbyfire View Post
Hey, does anyone know if the 2009 hard top fits 2007, 2008 and 2009? I am thinking about advertising this thing for sale and was just wondering.
It should fit haven't heard from anyone that it doesn't

How much do you want for your hardtop?

post #16 of 21 Old 10-04-2009, 07:05 PM
Rock God

Did you find a soft top yet or are you still interested?

ROBY

2008 Unlimited Black Sahara AKA Robicon
(O|||||||O)

Lifted with 35" MTR's, Detroit locked with 5.13's, Poison Spyder Front Bumper, Rockhard rear bumper, Rubi Rails, Poison Spyder flares, Rock Krawler front U & LCA's, Ocala Trail Scratches & some other bits and pieces.

God Bless those that keep our Freedom Free!!
John3:16

post #17 of 21 Old 10-04-2009, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Just trying to get permission from my wife before making a move. That was one of the stipulations when I traded my 07 X for the Rubicon was that I had to trade for a hard top if I got a new Jeep. I have since gotten her a Sahara with a hard top, so I am not sure how she will lean on this one.

SETUP:
post #18 of 21 Old 10-04-2009, 09:13 PM
ADDICTION II build begins....

A guy out here in Hawaii is needing a hard top for his wife. His name is HAWNBEAR on here and sure he would be willing to work out a deal with you!

U.S. Army
post #19 of 21 Old 10-05-2009, 08:52 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbyfire View Post
Just trying to get permission from my wife before making a move. That was one of the stipulations when I traded my 07 X for the Rubicon was that I had to trade for a hard top if I got a new Jeep. I have since gotten her a Sahara with a hard top, so I am not sure how she will lean on this one.
Tell her you will take her Sahara back if she doesn't let you do what you want. That's what I would do with my wife. Yeah, right..
post #20 of 21 Old 12-21-2010, 12:37 PM
Wheeler

Hey i have a black soft top in like new condition for straight trade. I am in orlando and can meet up with you let me know
post #21 of 21 Old 12-25-2010, 05:54 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I did the trade a few months ago!! I traded my soft 2010 for a hard 2010 and it was an even swap! Very happy, both parties! I even just had the wiring harness installed! Good luck and do it!

-Marc
2010 JKU -- 3.5" RE Lift -- EVO LCAs -- ARTEC Truss and TB mount -- 17" Procomp 7069 -- 37" Maxxis Treps -- Heated Trucklite Headlights -- Synergy Drag flip -- Synergy TR -- Synergy bj's-- EVO 1/4 Pounder -- EVO Tire Carrier -- 4 gal rotopax -- TF Third Row -- China AEV Snorkel

Coming up:
D60 Front 99-04 Ford ARB w/ 5.38
14 Bolt rear ARB w/ 5.38
EVO Long Arm
40/42” MTR's
17" Spyderlock Beadlocks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode