Put an offer on a house today - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 Old 09-19-2009, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Put an offer on a house today

Well, as a little background, I got married back in May, we have been renting from my father in law, in a trailer that he bought for us to live in until we found a place. My wife called me Thursday and said she was going to look at a house and it was $39,900, so I was okay, probably a dump, but go for it. I ended up looking at it yesterday and we love it for our first home, so today we made an offer. We offered 41k, and in looking at the history the last time it sold in 2007, it sold for $102,000. It's a 2 bedroom, 1 bath, with an added sun room (closed in garage). Huge yard and very nice landscaping. I'll keep you posted as to what goes on, should know something by Wednesday about our offer. FINGERS CROSSED!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 Old 09-19-2009, 09:45 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Good luck!!!!!!

My first house was a tiny house that my grandfather built back in the stone age... we stayed there until we could get on our feet - similar to what you are doing. It's cool to own your first home and you will get a break at tax time (we need all we can get).
post #3 of 41 Old 09-19-2009, 10:53 AM
JKO Addict!

congrats... but why did you offer more than the asking? short sale? Foreclosure?

2015 JKU Sport Virgin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 41 Old 09-19-2009, 10:57 AM
Banned

Good luck man!

Staying in auburndale?

Last edited by karnuvore; 09-19-2009 at 11:04 AM.
post #5 of 41 Old 09-19-2009, 11:02 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Yes good luck. Sounds like a great deal, and from here the value should only go up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenAmphibious View Post
congrats... but why did you offer more than the asking? short sale? Foreclosure?
I was wondering that too. Do tell

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #6 of 41 Old 09-19-2009, 11:03 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to .:eMETAL:. Send a message via Yahoo to .:eMETAL:.

GOOD LUCK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenAmphibious View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
I was wondering that too. Do tell
also wondering that

Remember to support our great Vendors here at JKO when purchasing your Jeep goods!

post #7 of 41 Old 09-19-2009, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Karn, the adress is actually Winter Haven but still pretty much Auburndale.

The reason behind offering more than the asking price is there are 2 other offers on the house, not known to us, and it is a bank owned foreclosure, we know one offer is cash, which ours would be financed so cash always talks but we also know that the cash offer is a buyer is strictly buying to an investment and it will look better for us as we will be buyer occupying so we offered over the asking price to look a little better than the other offer.
post #8 of 41 Old 09-19-2009, 11:13 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpaye View Post
Karn, the adress is actually Winter Haven but still pretty much Auburndale.

The reason behind offering more than the asking price is there are 2 other offers on the house, not known to us, and it is a bank owned foreclosure, we know one offer is cash, which ours would be financed so cash always talks but we also know that the cash offer is a buyer is strictly buying to an investment and it will look better for us as we will be buyer occupying so we offered over the asking price to look a little better than the other offer.
this went through my head right after posting my reply. way to look into it... and great planned out move again ... good luck!

Remember to support our great Vendors here at JKO when purchasing your Jeep goods!

post #9 of 41 Old 09-19-2009, 11:13 AM
Rock God

Good Luck. I cant wait for the Party!
post #10 of 41 Old 09-19-2009, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Thanks guys, I feel pretty confident that we will get it. Not only with our offer but my uncle is preseidenf the bank that will be doing our mortgage so he pretty much said he has the pull if for some reason something happens with the application. My payments will be pretty much the same as my rent so I am not worried about that.

The really good thing about it is that it "needs" no work but you know how women are and she already wants to change some things which will come with time, but it will be a great starter home for us!! I'm pretty excited
post #11 of 41 Old 09-19-2009, 01:17 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

not to mention a great balancing platform for your mods. she gets house upgrades and you counterbalance with jeep mods

post #12 of 41 Old 09-19-2009, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Fo sho!!! LOL
post #13 of 41 Old 09-19-2009, 01:54 PM
JKO Addict!

I figured... if you hear back in 2 weeks that is awesome... most bank owned sales are taking about 3 months these days... still. Offering the asking price is the right approach, hopefull there are no 2nds or leins on the property. If so you may have to pay that as well. Not trying to be a downer just don't want you to be surpised. Does help that you know the bank pres though hope it works out, it's nice to have a peice of the American Pie

at $50k sale price and lets say it is valued at $100k that is about $25k in liquid equity for Jeep mods!

2015 JKU Sport Virgin
post #14 of 41 Old 09-19-2009, 09:58 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

good luck we gotta see some pics if ya get it tho

yall prolly wont believe me but i used to liek to watch hgtv and tlc and diy network

im pretty beastly at design rooms and what and what doesnt look good

Everyone else can BLOW themselves cause im bad as FUCK!
post #15 of 41 Old 09-19-2009, 10:37 PM
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607

just my 2 cents and I've built well over 600 homes, get an inspection from a HIGHLY recommended inspector before you get in to a nightmare. im not trying to scare you but at least you will be advised of some things that may need to be addressed sooner than later.

im on my cell so I don't know where you are, I would also look about a home warranty at closing as well. good luck and if you need anything question wise or whatever pm me, good luck!
post #16 of 41 Old 09-20-2009, 03:49 AM
zjr
JKO Addict!

Garage

It is nice to own land... Only until you have to move. Sorry. Still have a house in Orlando that I moved out of 3 years ago, and still haven't sold it.

Hope you get it.

Again, not to scare you, but to inform you...
One more thing to look at in the area. See if you can find out what material they used for the water pipes... In my house there was the flexible plastic (not PVC) that there was a class action law suit, and the company has to replace millions of feet of pipes in I think it was over 100,000 homes.

01111001011011110111010100100000011011000110111101 11001101110100001000000111010001101000011001010010 000001100111011000010110110101100101

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirl View Post
James just came a little early......
Quote:
Originally Posted by njjk08 View Post
...May 2011 bless everyone with pervert wheeling days...
post #17 of 41 Old 09-20-2009, 06:51 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

I know there was already an inspection done, came out good, the seller is also paying for a 2 year home warranty, so we do not have to cover that.
post #18 of 41 Old 09-20-2009, 08:32 AM
JKO Addict!

the seller meaning the bank? a bank is offering a home warranty? wow! You sure this isn't a short sale or PRE forclosure? You rarely see a 2 year HW from a regular sale.... usually 1 year. BUT even if there isn't a home warranty you could get one yourself for about $400 a year... money WELL spent. I get one every year and the house I live in is a 93. My 3 rentalls are all 80s builds and I carry a home warranty on all of em

2015 JKU Sport Virgin
post #19 of 41 Old 09-20-2009, 08:33 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjr View Post
Again, not to scare you, but to inform you...
One more thing to look at in the area. See if you can find out what material they used for the water pipes... In my house there was the flexible plastic (not PVC) that there was a class action law suit, and the company has to replace millions of feet of pipes in I think it was over 100,000 homes.
Bout as common as chinese drywall

2015 JKU Sport Virgin
post #20 of 41 Old 09-20-2009, 09:00 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Yeah I'm living the polybutylene nightmare right now. Just recently started breaking about once a month

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #21 of 41 Old 09-20-2009, 09:25 AM
Rock God

good luck on the house if it goes through I have 3 offer out on house the oldest one is back in june cash talks in the housing market we have already lost on houses that someone came in with cash late in the game and got the house for less than what we were offering with finanicing
post #22 of 41 Old 09-20-2009, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Yeah we'll see what happens. I will keep you all posted
post #23 of 41 Old 09-21-2009, 08:01 AM
Granite Guru

Good luck on the bid. Having your own house is a good feeling. Having a tiny mortgage is another good feeling.

I wish I could sell my house right now. I want to rent an apt for cheap for about 2 years, and pay off student loans and save some money...not to mention hooking up the JK.

2007 Jeep Green 2-Door

Suspension: RC 2.5" Coils & 2.2 Shocks Rock Krawler HD Tie Rod JKS adjustable trackbars JKS swaybar disconnects

Wheels/Tires: Procomp 1069 16X8 wheels Procomp Radial Mud Terrain 285/75-16 tires

Bumpers/Armor: Expedition One rear bumper/tire carrier

Comms/Extras: Cobra 75 WS XT 3' FirestickDirty Dog 4x4 Bikini
post #24 of 41 Old 09-21-2009, 09:22 PM
JKO Addict!

Count your blessings... my first house(?) was a 13' TT with no bathroom. That years Christmas tree was 3feet tall, and at that it was big

08 2 door (yes they made them) 3.5 RK lift, 35s lunchbox locked 30 front 44 LSD rear

Ocala Jeep Club CERT member. Nation's 1st jeep CERT team

Proud to be deplorable

post #25 of 41 Old 09-21-2009, 09:40 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpaye View Post
.....My wife called me Thursday and said she was going to look at a house and it was $39,900...
Holy shnikes....houses cost less than Jeeps now!!!

09 Unlimited Rubicon Flame Red
~8.5" TeraFlex LCG Long Arm
~41x14.50 Interco IROK Radials
~20x10 RBP-93R wheels with red inserts
~RCV Performance front D44 CV-style axle shafts
~Posion Spyder Crusher flares, Rock Brawler Bumper, Rocker Knockers w/sliders and Hawse fairlead
~Warn 9.5ti Winch w/synthetic line
~Rhino Lining tub
~Katzkin interior
~10lb Powertank & VIAR Xtreme
~Drake Off-Road billet bling
Check out my build here....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode