soaked. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 09-14-2009, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
soaked.

ive had the doors and soft top off the past few days.

the past few days i have encountered torrential downpours on my drive home. now i have the hard top bikini on and i had some rain gear on. so i dont mind.

but tonight, i got side swipped TWICE by tsunami waves splashing up from oncoming traffic on a flooding street. it was interesting.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 09-14-2009, 07:13 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyfl View Post
ive had the doors and soft top off the past few days.

the past few days i have encountered torrential downpours on my drive home. now i have the hard top bikini on and i had some rain gear on. so i dont mind.

but tonight, i got side swipped TWICE by tsunami waves splashing up from oncoming traffic on a flooding street. it was interesting.

get video camera, mount to side of jeep, go back out, I gotta see this

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
A Jeep just zipped past my house and I could swear I heard the driver yellin:

"The tkob is coming!! The tkob is coming!!"
post #3 of 25 Old 09-14-2009, 07:15 PM
Banned

Yeah I put the doors on this weekend. When it's actually flooding, there's no shame in putting the doors back on lol.

I think I'm gonna take em back off tomorrow though. Today was freaking gorgeous.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old 09-14-2009, 07:16 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to paramaniac

there is nothing better than the looks you get from people in their cars while driving topless and doorless in the rain...

im with Tim on this, get a camera!

post #5 of 25 Old 09-14-2009, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

i should get a camera.

about the water... it was splashed onto the windshield enough to white it out and make me tap on the brakes.

its nice as hell on the drive to work... its the drive home that always seems to get me.
post #6 of 25 Old 09-14-2009, 07:26 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by paramaniac View Post
there is nothing better than the looks you get from people in their cars while driving topless and doorless in the rain...

im with Tim on this, get a camera!
LOL, yeah even as a jeep driver this one still kills me when I see it.

GAMERTAG: DEATHBYF1RE
RIDE: 2009 Jeep JK 4D Black Rubicon | MyGig

SETUP:
4" Skyjacker Lift | Toyo Open Country M/T 35x12.5x18 | ProComp 7089
Flowmaster 40 | 5:13 Gears | Midland 75-822 | 4' Firestik
AEV Snorkel | Warn Tube Style Front Bumper with Winch Plate | Xenon Jeep Fender Flares
Superwinch EPI 9.0s | Or-Fab TIRE/CAN CARRIER JK | Or-Fab Rock Slider Rear Bumper | KC Slim Windshield Mounted Lights | WaterProof SPAL fan | 48" Hi-Lift Jack
post #7 of 25 Old 09-14-2009, 07:38 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

lol i bet it was fun

my winsheild is covered everytime i go thru a water pudddle its fun it gives my jeep and under body pressure wash

Everyone else can BLOW themselves cause im bad as FUCK!
post #8 of 25 Old 09-14-2009, 08:31 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to paramaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbyfire View Post
LOL, yeah even as a jeep driver this one still kills me when I see it.
i was out one day last summer... was beautiful blue sky when i left the house topless and doorless then.... the rain came, in sheets and buckets it POURED! so im wearing my rain coat and a baseball hat, stopped at a light when a car pulls up next to me and this old guy says " do you know youre missing your roof and doors?" i was speechless for a reply....

post #9 of 25 Old 09-14-2009, 08:40 PM
Granite Guru

I'm right there with you man lol, though my commute doesnt normally put me in downpours for long. I do keep a squeegee that i normally used for drying the Jeep in the center console for drying of the annoying inner-windshield mist that happens post rain
post #10 of 25 Old 09-14-2009, 08:46 PM
Rock God

Para dude now that's funny.

"All wranglers are jeeps, not all jeeps are wranglers"

"Holding out for the Pentastar in 2012"
post #11 of 25 Old 09-14-2009, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanNEBTD View Post
I'm right there with you man lol, though my commute doesnt normally put me in downpours for long. I do keep a squeegee that i normally used for drying the Jeep in the center console for drying of the annoying inner-windshield mist that happens post rain
i need one of those... my pruned hand just wasnt cutting it.
post #12 of 25 Old 09-14-2009, 08:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paramaniac View Post
i was out one day last summer... was beautiful blue sky when i left the house topless and doorless then.... the rain came, in sheets and buckets it POURED! so im wearing my rain coat and a baseball hat, stopped at a light when a car pulls up next to me and this old guy says " do you know youre missing your roof and doors?" i was speechless for a reply....
I get caught in the rain quite often cuz I insist on at least no doors and sometimes no top during the rainy season here. When I get that comment (and it's happened several times), I reply: the doors and top cost extra! That gets em to smiling.

post #13 of 25 Old 09-14-2009, 09:02 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyfl View Post
i need one of those... my pruned hand just wasnt cutting it.
yeah, I had the Jeep linex'd last week before I went home so I left my doors in Miami (3 hours away) as part of the Linex prep. . . picked up a few tricks and learned some new lessons from riding doorless in the rain. now I always have the squeegee, a couple construction grade trashbags (to keep my bags dry even though they're under the security deck), and a sandwich bag or two (soon to be one or a couple of these) for my phone + wallet + GPS.

Also, I'm so satisfied with my laptop pelican case that Ill probably buy another one to keep my camera waterproof .

Just figured I'd share some of the tips/tricks i picked up. please share if you guys have any. Getting wet is just part of being a Jeeper in Florida IMO
post #14 of 25 Old 09-14-2009, 09:12 PM
Granite Guru

You know your hardcore doorless/topless when you RainX not only the outside of your windshield.....but the inside too!

mikeyFL....how you like that hardtop as a bikini?

more wagging, less barking
post #15 of 25 Old 09-14-2009, 09:15 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwood View Post
You know your hardcore doorless/topless when you RainX not only the outside of your windshield.....but the inside too!

Rainx doesnt even work on the outside . . and the droplets are too small on the inside to bead up . .already thought of that
post #16 of 25 Old 09-14-2009, 09:19 PM
Banned

I keep a beach towel in my console for the inside window.

post #17 of 25 Old 09-14-2009, 09:38 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by karnuvore View Post
"for the inside window" sure its for the window.

Jester
Jester Offroad

863-875-7907
post #18 of 25 Old 09-14-2009, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwood View Post
love it.

got them on the cheap from another jeeper. they are both damaged, with chipped corners, but they serve their purpose!
post #19 of 25 Old 09-14-2009, 09:40 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by karnuvore View Post
Yeah so do I and also some little jeep green towel that soaks up like 10 times its weight that the dealer gave me for buying my Jeep.

post #20 of 25 Old 09-14-2009, 09:44 PM
JKO Addict!

Lol i love driving in the rain with no doors.
but thats one thing that pisses me off.
Im just sitting at a light and some jackass comes flying by and bam i get broadsided by some crazy ass fire-hydrant type blast. LOL

Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
-Doc Holiday
Why are you highlighting my sig? You Bastard!
post #21 of 25 Old 09-14-2009, 09:46 PM
Granite Guru

Does anyone else notice that when you're driving in rain topless, you don't get wet at all? The aerodynamics make some air bubble I suppose, and keep you dry.

So driving in heavy rain on highway = don't get wet at all.

Driving in light rain with lots of traffic = super wet.

The only time I cared about it raining was when it was early in the morning and it was cold and raining real hard, and I had to get to class. Got there all wet, it was cold, AC blasting, cold shirt was sticking to me for 2 hours, making me colder. But whatever, 100% worth it, I don't want to drive in a prison!!!
post #22 of 25 Old 09-15-2009, 04:29 AM
Rock God

I was driving with daughter in heavy rains last month and there was some minor flooding on the roads. i wussed out, had the top up, the doors on, and the a/c blowing. but a couple trucks blasted past me on a 2 lane road that had a puddle that was a little deeper than it looked and this wall - and I mean wall - of water came flying at us. I don't know if my daughter forgot we were inside a vehicle or what but she squealed, grimmaced, and threw her hands up in front of her face as if to protect her face from the water coming at her. It was hilarious.
post #23 of 25 Old 09-15-2009, 04:40 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkob1060 View Post
get video camera, mount to side of jeep, go back out, I gotta see this

Haha!! Yeah, me too!!

Buy *made in
. . .. While you still can.
post #24 of 25 Old 09-18-2009, 06:25 PM
Rock God

Doors off for 3 weeks now and everything been fine(top still on) last night it POURED and apparantly came in sideways because I had about 2 inches of water in the tub everything was wet and my cup holers were filled up. my top was on! idk how that happened but i was amazed

07 Sahara Unlimited STEEL BLUE
Current Mods:3.5 Rock Krawler Mid Arm,
Teraflex drag linkflip kit(thanks Rooster),
18" XD Addict's on 35x12.5 Nitto Mud Grapplers

post #25 of 25 Old 09-18-2009, 08:57 PM
Rock God

rain we have been getting rain I have not seen that in a few weeks keeps missing me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode