Financing Upgrades? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 Old 09-02-2009, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Financing Upgrades?

Hey yall,
I was wondering if there were any websites/companies/shops that let you finance parts. I want to get a hardtop, wheels/tires, and a tire carrier but dont have all the money yet. My jeep is paid for but its got a lift with the steelies..haha
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 09-02-2009, 04:51 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

you mean like payment plans

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Everyone else can BLOW themselves cause im bad as FUCK!
post #3 of 35 Old 09-02-2009, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

yea.. i have a steady income but dont want to wait and drive around on little wheels and im scared about theft with my softop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 Old 09-02-2009, 05:04 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

http://www.4wheelparts.com/info/carcareone.aspx

I saw this a long time ago but refuse to fill it out....... it would be too dangerous.

You could always go to the bank/credit union and get a credit card too.... I actually have a discover card that I use for "emergencies" and such.....

I get one of those freakin applications in the mail every day - shop around and you might get a great interest rate too.

Last edited by Mr.RonGilbert; 09-02-2009 at 05:07 PM.
post #5 of 35 Old 09-02-2009, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

yea i saw that but dont really use 4wheelparts... does it work at quadratec??
post #6 of 35 Old 09-02-2009, 05:33 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to .:eMETAL:. Send a message via Yahoo to .:eMETAL:.

I'd check with your bank and apply for a personal loan. If it's not a lot you could also go for a time note.

Remember to support our great Vendors here at JKO when purchasing your Jeep goods!

post #7 of 35 Old 09-02-2009, 05:36 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RonGilbert View Post
http://www.4wheelparts.com/info/carcareone.aspx

I saw this a long time ago but refuse to fill it out....... it would be too dangerous.

You could always go to the bank/credit union and get a credit card too.... I actually have a discover card that I use for "emergencies" and such.....

I get one of those freakin applications in the mail every day - shop around and you might get a great interest rate too.
I second this plus I now refuse to care a balance on any for of credit other then student, home , or car loan.

post #8 of 35 Old 09-02-2009, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

well i have a credit card but i pay it off everymonth cuz i dont put big balances on it... i was wanting something with like 12 months no interest (like cardcare one)
post #9 of 35 Old 09-02-2009, 06:01 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by klutz1001 View Post
well i have a credit card but i pay it off everymonth cuz i dont put big balances on it... i was wanting something with like 12 months no interest (like cardcare one)
one thing I like about 4wheel part is that it is also 4wd.com and the price match everyone and will give you 20% most of the time...so add that with low interest or no intrest and you are set

post #10 of 35 Old 09-02-2009, 06:03 PM
Rock God

I financed my wheels, tires, and lift though OutlawOffroad.com

The rest Mastercard is covering for me

-Established April 1, 1983-
No dues, No rules, No President
ALL FUN!
post #11 of 35 Old 09-02-2009, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

they beat the price by 20% ...WOW...
post #12 of 35 Old 09-02-2009, 06:38 PM
JKO Addict!

so you finanance $5k worth of mods and it costs you $7k in the end

either be patient and save you $$$$

or get a 1 year 0% credit card (I've done that twice ) JUST MAKE SURE YOU PAY IT OF BEFORE END OF TERM!

2015 JKU Sport Virgin
post #13 of 35 Old 09-02-2009, 06:51 PM
Rock God

Shoot, I borrowed money from my self out of my retirement acc't, it hasn't been making any money for me anyway, figured I may as well use it before I lose it! Of course as soon as I took $4000 out of my retirement, the stock market picked up and actually started earning instead of losing!!

HANG ON TIGHT...I SAW THIS IN A CARTOON ONCE...I THINK I CAN DO IT!!
08 4 DOOR, FLAME RED, 3" SKYJACKER LIFT, 325/70-17 NITTO TERRA GRAPPLERS, MOTO METAL 951 WHEELS, RANCHO REAR BUMPER/TIRE CARRIER,DAYSTAR HOOD WRANGLERS, RAINGLER GRIPS, MOPAR SLUSH MATS
post #14 of 35 Old 09-02-2009, 06:56 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddandshari'sjk View Post
Shoot, I borrowed money from my self out of my retirement acc't, it hasn't been making any money for me anyway, figured I may as well use it before I lose it! Of course as soon as I took $4000 out of my retirement, the stock market picked up and actually started earning instead of losing!!
Yeah, that was a bad thing to do unless you could've forecasted that and pull out last year in ~May or so.

OP, why not just take out a used vehicle loan with the Jeep as collateral? Should get a decent interest rate and could probably get enough $ to finance some great goodies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

post #15 of 35 Old 09-02-2009, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Hey everyone,
thanks for all the replies.. i looked into the car care one and you can finance for 12 months at 0% as long as it $1000+... I only want about 3k so I should be able to handle that I think... the card works for most auto places (discount tire, cartoys, 4wd.com, etc)
post #16 of 35 Old 09-02-2009, 08:27 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Hey everyone,
thanks for all the replies.. i looked into the car care one and you can finance for 12 months at 0% as long as it $1000+... I only want about 3k so I should be able to handle that I think... the card works for most auto places (discount tire, cartoys, 4wd.com, etc)
Hmmm... no interest for 12 months, huh? What's the catch?

Quote:

post #17 of 35 Old 09-02-2009, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

its like 25% apr though if you dont pay it off in the 12 months though..lol
post #18 of 35 Old 09-02-2009, 08:37 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Hey everyone,
4x4groupbuy.com takes the care care thing. I just opened an account to cover my rear bumper. 90 days same as cash.
post #19 of 35 Old 09-02-2009, 08:44 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Yeah, well, I'm getting ready to drop about $7k on mine in the coming weeks, but if I could leave that money sitting in a savings account and just pay it off month by month, why not?

There's no threat of not being able to pay it off in 12 months, but my $ could be earning a little bit more $ in the mean time.

Quote:

post #20 of 35 Old 09-03-2009, 06:27 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

does anybody know if quadratec takes the card? or if there is a list of vendors somerwhere that do?
post #21 of 35 Old 09-03-2009, 08:05 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

There's a list on the site. Check it out.

I guess I could use it for my tires, but I think I've already found a supplier for my lift and wheels.

Quote:

post #22 of 35 Old 09-03-2009, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

the list is incomplete... 16000 companies arent listed on that page... people have claimed a few places that arent on the list
post #23 of 35 Old 09-03-2009, 01:06 PM
Wheeler

When the deal popped up here a few months ago for the 2 rubi axles for $2500, I didn't have the cash, but knew I could afford it and needed the cash. I got a personal loan from my bank at 11% interest rate, and just pay it off before it's finished. If you can't get a 0% credit card and pay it off in a year, I'd go this route, since most credit cards are going to be 15%+.
post #24 of 35 Old 09-03-2009, 01:45 PM
Rock God

Garage

you could always call quadratec and ask.

On first appears it looks the same as a credit card from a bank.. just with a 25% interest rate. If thats the case, I dont see why quadratec wouldnt take it... a 5 minute call would clear that up.

Joe -
-
-
-
post #25 of 35 Old 09-03-2009, 01:51 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Hey everyone,
Yup- That is what I did for my wheels & tires. Cardcare One card, zero interest for 12 months. And then I determined that to pay it off in under 12 months, it would be necessary to pay $140/mth on the account. So every month like clockwork, I went online and paid $140 to the account.

That's the key- you must be disciplined, and never skip. If you owe even a dollar on the account at the end, they slap on the full interest for the past year!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode