A wee spot of help - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 08-26-2009, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

A wee spot of help

Okay so last weekend my Jeep literally flooded on the drivers side because I tried to go to Best Buy in a massive rainstorm. The driver door leaked like crazy and the road was so bad in places Hondas we're up to the tops of their grilles in water.

So I decided its time to get rid of the carpet and bedline the JK and its also time to get waterproof seat covers.

Here's what I've come up with.

I'm going to Raptor line the JK. A lot of guys on jeepforum use it and swear by it and for $150 it's a ****ing steal. Only problem is I have to spray it but I have an air compressor and that is everything I'm told I need.

Next step... seat covers. I found some RR ones in Quadratec that I kind of like. They look pretty good but if you all have a better suggestion then I'll take that as well. I don't have my rear seat in so I only need the covers for the front two seats.

Here's the link.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/14167_50X_PG.htm

Now I'm debating about putting in something over the bedliner just for soundproofing sake. I do a good bit of highway driving and usually it is two hours or more so I'd like to be able to hear my radio at or around the 20 level.

I know there are the quadratec floor mats. Those I like but I'm wondering if the rubber gets really hot in the sun. If so then I saw these and was going to ask about some inputs. They are carpet and waterproof, or so they say, and I know carpet heats up a lot slower than rubber.

Here's the other link.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/14170_501_07.htm

Mods please don't move this. I only want Florida guys to respond because I'm only living in Florida and these purchases are only being made based on our climate and how annoying it is sometimes.

Thanks in advance guys. I'm still waiting to see how much money I'll have in the next couple of weeks. Scholarship moneys should be coming in next week and I just sold my motorcycle so we'll see what happens.

jk-forum, jk-forum.com jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-26-2009, 05:12 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ImmortalityLTD

I've thought about bedlining mine and putting the carpet back in over the bedlining. My thinking is that it will both reduce the sound and help to insulate from the outside heat. I haven't done it, so I have no idea if it will actually work, this is not really helpful for anything but food for thought...

Joel
2010 Tiki Rescue World Champion
post #3 of 11 Old 08-26-2009, 05:18 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Taking into consideration your professed driving style and the weather and humidity in Florida, IMO, anything with a carpet nap is going to retain moisture, may mildew and will more than likely smell like piss after awhile.

If you're going to line the tub, I would poke a coupla holes in these and toss em in.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/14154_000X_PG.htm
http://www.quadratec.com/products/14157_000X_PG.htm
http://www.quadratec.com/products/14155_001X_PG.htm

I would stay away from the other option, the Mopar rubber liner. It's expensive (for what it is) thin and poor fitting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
zjr- I'm not that horny, but I have been known to salivate over your meat.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 08-26-2009, 05:29 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

#1 remove your carpet and drive it like that see if you can hear your radio enough at 20, it wont be much different with the liner. I have linex, its definitely not louder then it was with just the bare floor, I think its actaully quieter, dont know how the raptor will compare. I also removed my sound deadener material from the floor.

#2 I have the iggee seat covers and they are awesome specially if you get them wet, takes 2 paper towels to 100% dry them off, no wet ass, I believe the neoprene will still get you wet and dont clean mud off easliy. the iggees also clean up very easily and if you've seen my pics I think that pretty much proves it lol.

If you are gpoing to spray it I suggest taking the center console out, comes out really easy in like 10min tops, check out my write up.

oh did you drive by and splash the flooded hondas? haha

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
A Jeep just zipped past my house and I could swear I heard the driver yellin:

"The tkob is coming!! The tkob is coming!!"
post #5 of 11 Old 08-26-2009, 05:41 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to .:eMETAL:. Send a message via Yahoo to .:eMETAL:.

You'll be fine with the quadratec liners. I personally like the rugged ridge logo better.

Line that sumbeotch and throw the liners in.

Remember to support our great Vendors here at JKO when purchasing your Jeep goods!

post #6 of 11 Old 08-27-2009, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkob1060 View Post
#1 remove your carpet and drive it like that see if you can hear your radio enough at 20, it wont be much different with the liner. I have linex, its definitely not louder then it was with just the bare floor, I think its actaully quieter, dont know how the raptor will compare. I also removed my sound deadener material from the floor.

#2 I have the iggee seat covers and they are awesome specially if you get them wet, takes 2 paper towels to 100% dry them off, no wet ass, I believe the neoprene will still get you wet and dont clean mud off easliy. the iggees also clean up very easily and if you've seen my pics I think that pretty much proves it lol.

If you are gpoing to spray it I suggest taking the center console out, comes out really easy in like 10min tops, check out my write up.

oh did you drive by and splash the flooded hondas? haha
1: I have driven carpetless. After my swamping incident I had to for a couple of days. I could hear the radio at a couple of levels higher and I hit speeds up to near 70. The only thing I heard that was louder were the tires, slightly, and the transmission, a lot.

Oh and first multi-quote... ever. I just figured out how to use the thing.

2: Where did you get these iggee seat covers?

And yes I drove right through the massive flooding area making a Volvo and another Honda very mad that I bought a capable vehicle. Take that Nancy Pelosi. You won't take my Jeep away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:eMETAL:. View Post
You'll be fine with the quadratec liners. I personally like the rugged ridge logo better.

I was just planning on peeling off the Quadratec logo since it is only a sticker.

I was debating if I would put the OEM carpet back in but that thing is starting to smell musty again and it bugs the crap outta me. If I really want the carpet on top of the rubber liners I think I'll just put that carpet clip-in insert back in just overtop.

jk-forum, jk-forum.com jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler
post #7 of 11 Old 08-27-2009, 09:40 AM
Banned

Turn up your radio.

post #8 of 11 Old 08-27-2009, 07:10 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:eMETAL:. View Post

tread lightly also has them badged its very nice i like them the white is a very clean look with the black

i still ahve my caroet in but im rock some mossy oak floor mats they were supposed ot be for the back but they are to big so iff i turn them side ways they fit pretty good ket a lotta clay out the carpet at citrus which was awesome i could do almost eerything im rly glad i went

Everyone else can BLOW themselves cause im bad as FUCK!
post #9 of 11 Old 08-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Rock God

hell I have been riding without carpet for almost 3 years now and 2.5 w/ 37s the sound damping that is sprayed in the tub is decent it wears out by the pedals but I can drive down the road going 75+ and listen to the radio with no problem dont need to turn it up to loud
post #10 of 11 Old 09-05-2009, 04:13 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by karnuvore View Post
Turn up your radio.
more like upgrade your radio then turn it up . . . my non-infinity radio maxed still istn loud enough for me to listed to NPR when im doorless/topless on the interstate. . . . rock is OK but def not loud enough to really enjoy. Not even going to mention the quality of the music at those levels
post #11 of 11 Old 09-05-2009, 06:24 PM
Rock God

Garage

I used the Raptor liner on my wife's YJ. Looks great, she's loving it. It's not as thick as a professional line-x job, but unless you're using your JK for construction work, I think it will be just fine.

Let me know if you have any questions about Raptor.

- Ruskin
2.5"Tera, 34"Maxxis, Front Stubby, Cobra75, Flapless Seatbelts & Grounded Floormats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode