Front end drooping... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 08-16-2009, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

Front end drooping...

What size of a spacer would i need to even out the front en droop from the weight of the bumper&winch? Im getting tired of the dragster looking stance my rig has going on right now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 08-16-2009, 08:56 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

jsr installed a pair of TF 2.5" front spacers to level his Rubi out. He's got the Shrockworks mid & a Warn 9.5ti (not sure the winch model is right)
post #3 of 14 Old 08-16-2009, 09:12 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to .:eMETAL:. Send a message via Yahoo to .:eMETAL:.

the Teraflex leveling kit should help ya out

>>> TERAFLEX JK Leveling Kit
Quote:
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:
TeraFlex has the perfect solution to level your JK if it is dipping in the front or to restore front height after adding a Winch, sagging, or to level out the factory vehicle stance which sets the front lower than the rear. These spacers are designed to work in stock configuration, or with a lifted vehicle.

These spacers are sold as a pair and will fit both 2 door JK Wranglers and 4 door JK Unlimiteds, and all JK Rubicon models.

Remember to support our great Vendors here at JKO when purchasing your Jeep goods!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 08-16-2009, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys, i'll get me some of those TFs
post #5 of 14 Old 08-16-2009, 11:09 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

If youre making up for bumper/winch sag, youre probably gonna want to swap springs instead of just adding spacers
remember, the sag comes out of your suspension travel - your springs are compressed the extra inch or 2, if you add spacers, you just move the compressed spring down - youre still out the extra travel so you will bottom out just as easily as before the spacers
the only thing you gain is looking like you arent sagging.

I went that route and got tired of bottoming all of the time - wish I had done it right to begin with.
$150 for a pair of springs is the cheap/correct fix!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
post #6 of 14 Old 08-17-2009, 07:52 AM
Rock God

Garage

I went with Teraflex level lift (1" pucks). With my bumper (RR XHD w/ stinger) and winch (Superwinch 8500lb, forgot model #) I still have a little rake but less than I did from the factory w/o any mods. As far as suspension travel goes: I'm running 35's with a 2.5" Procomp coil/shock lift... after the pucks I can still rub my fender bracket (the stock fenders are cut) at the limit of my uptravel and my downtravel is limited by my shock at the same point it would stop with or without a puck, so with my particular setup I don't think the puck affects suspension travel.

Oh and by the way Teraflex is here and offers us a discount.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." --Stephen Wright
post #7 of 14 Old 08-17-2009, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

Sweet thanks.... Yea im running a 3" lift and 1" body with cut fenders so im planing to bump up to 37's on the next tire change and i want the front end sag fixed first so idk, puck or 4" springs?
post #8 of 14 Old 08-17-2009, 10:19 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to .:eMETAL:. Send a message via Yahoo to .:eMETAL:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DgonzJK View Post
Sweet thanks.... Yea im running a 3" lift and 1" body with cut fenders so im planing to bump up to 37's on the next tire change and i want the front end sag fixed first so idk, puck or 4" springs?
if you're really in that boat... the springs are the route to go for sure.

Remember to support our great Vendors here at JKO when purchasing your Jeep goods!

post #9 of 14 Old 08-17-2009, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

Well xmas is coming up and i got a list of goodies im going to be saving for some springs and upgrade the shocks are now added
post #10 of 14 Old 08-17-2009, 01:24 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl-mitchells View Post
I went with Teraflex level lift (1" pucks). With my bumper (RR XHD w/ stinger) and winch (Superwinch 8500lb, forgot model #) I still have a little rake but less than I did from the factory w/o any mods. As far as suspension travel goes: I'm running 35's with a 2.5" Procomp coil/shock lift... after the pucks I can still rub my fender bracket (the stock fenders are cut) at the limit of my uptravel and my downtravel is limited by my shock at the same point it would stop with or without a puck, so with my particular setup I don't think the puck affects suspension travel.

Oh and by the way Teraflex is here and offers us a discount.
yeah, you have the COIL and shock lift - comes with higher rated coils to prevent sag, the pucks are just to level you out NOT to make up for a couple of inches of sag due to more weight than the the springs were meant to handle.
Most lifts use springs that are rated to handle the extra weight of bumpers/winches/tire carriers and still maintain the factory rake.
it generally takes about 1.75-2" to level the rake.
your coils took care of your sag and the pucks took care of some of your rake.

Quote:
post #11 of 14 Old 08-17-2009, 03:23 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom View Post
yeah, you have the COIL and shock lift - comes with higher rated coils to prevent sag, the pucks are just to level you out NOT to make up for a couple of inches of sag due to more weight than the the springs were meant to handle.
Most lifts use springs that are rated to handle the extra weight of bumpers/winches/tire carriers and still maintain the factory rake.
it generally takes about 1.75-2" to level the rake.
your coils took care of your sag and the pucks took care of some of your rake.
Makes sense to me thanks for the clarification!

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." --Stephen Wright
post #12 of 14 Old 08-17-2009, 05:21 PM
Jsr
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrock View Post
jsr installed a pair of TF 2.5" front spacers to level his Rubi out. He's got the Shrockworks mid & a Warn 9.5ti (not sure the winch model is right)
9.5ti you got it right with winchline rope...for the record.

2008 Black Rubicon 2DR.
post #13 of 14 Old 08-18-2009, 08:46 AM
Rock God

Aren't the Rubicon springs part the "Performance Suspension" from the factory? If so why don't you get some of those. I would imagine they would help, or just lift the sucker.

jk-forum, jk-forum.com jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler
post #14 of 14 Old 08-18-2009, 12:34 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

only time swapping to rubi springs will help is if you put 4dr springs on a 2dr
Polyperformance springs are only $150/pr
its cheap enough to do it*right*

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode