No doors? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 Old 08-14-2009, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Banned

No doors?

Anyone else running no doors all summer? The last 2 years I gave up and put them back on, but I was determined this year. Iv'e had bikini top/nets and no doors since early July and so far so good (cept for wheeling in the mud - put them back on for that).

I put one of those trail covers on it when I think it's gonna rain. I've gotten to the point that I can throw hte trail cover on it in about 30 seconds.

Just curious if anyone else is doing it.

OH yeah, I cant park inside either - jeep is too tall

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 Old 08-14-2009, 07:39 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

As much as I love it with no doors, I drive mine to work and drive around all day. I can't be sportin a starched button down collar & slacks @ 100deg

I'll pull em off for a Hard Rock run or the beach though
post #3 of 43 Old 08-14-2009, 07:46 PM
JKO Addict!

Sorry to give a northeast tale; however, until this year I went no doors and only bikini (mesh or solid) and a trail cover for rain. After the trail cover failed and the puddles started(**** dont dry quick up here) I went back to doors and top just swap more often.

Rest In Peace Guinness. You will never be forgotten. My brother and my best friend
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 43 Old 08-14-2009, 07:50 PM
Granite Guru

I made it since beginning of June up until like the other week cuz we took a trip to Orlando in the heep
post #5 of 43 Old 08-14-2009, 08:23 PM
JKO Addict!

I love taking them off, but in Michigan it's often in the 50s when I leave work to head home. It's rather chilly. Add some rain to that and it just isn't fun so I don't leave mine off for more than a couple days at a time, and only when the weather is supposed to cooperate. Then again, this summer has been a rather cool year.
post #6 of 43 Old 08-14-2009, 08:27 PM
Rock God

If I didn't have my dogs with me every day I would take them off and never put them back on (winter or summer). My dogs are dumb and they would fall out. I don't have a back seat.. or windows.. or anywhere to put them back there, so they sit in the front seat. (They come to work with me every day).

Maybe someone out there will design a net that completely covers the area where the door should be so that a stupid dog can't fall out

They are used to me being muddy at work
post #7 of 43 Old 08-14-2009, 08:31 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

mine are on...

i prefer to run all winter with out them.
post #8 of 43 Old 08-14-2009, 08:53 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3itch View Post
If I didn't have my dogs with me every day I would take them off and never put them back on (winter or summer). My dogs are dumb and they would fall out. I don't have a back seat.. or windows.. or anywhere to put them back there, so they sit in the front seat. (They come to work with me every day).

Maybe someone out there will design a net that completely covers the area where the door should be so that a stupid dog can't fall out

I take my 2 labs with me all the time with the doors and top off and they stay in there no matter what. Now while I'm driving they're in the back cuz I never have my backseat in. But suprisingly I could go into the store or something and they'll stay right in the jeep the whole time..
post #9 of 43 Old 08-14-2009, 08:58 PM
Granite Guru

I,ve had good service from the Bestop soft doors.kinda noisy but they come off in seconds and lay in the back until I need them.
post #10 of 43 Old 08-14-2009, 09:02 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout View Post
I,ve had good service from the Bestop soft doors.kinda noisy but they come off in seconds and lay in the back until I need them.
That's what I'd like! It's fun driving in the rain sometimes but sometimes I'd like an easy swap for the doors. I hate carrying my doors up and down the flight of steps. My condo is on the second floor which sucks! Haha
post #11 of 43 Old 08-14-2009, 09:04 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:

i liked ur little doggs they were sitting right next to me during the give away meeting they were cute i thought what kind

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Everyone else can BLOW themselves cause im bad as FUCK!
post #12 of 43 Old 08-14-2009, 09:14 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyfl View Post
mine are on...

i prefer to run all winter with out them.
yeah thats the dry season here.
post #13 of 43 Old 08-14-2009, 09:25 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to .:eMETAL:. Send a message via Yahoo to .:eMETAL:.

boca grande sits on a weather break so we get sporatic f'd up rain falls. the weather can't decide if it wants to copy the Tamp weather or the Fort Myers weather. can't keep em off long enough. so i'm rawkin the hard top this summer with doors on. once the tub is linex and i have my seat covers i'll run bawls to the walls doorless and topless.

i need a raingear trail cover like you got karn. damn... one more thing to add to the list.

Remember to support our great Vendors here at JKO when purchasing your Jeep goods!

post #14 of 43 Old 08-14-2009, 09:46 PM
JKO Addict!

Hell I ran Citrus both days with no doors or windows (cough cough)... still aint got all the dust outa the damn thing.... but I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. Put the doors on just so they got washed along with the rest of it. The bumpers and fenders sure don't come very clean though... scrubbed them and they still show mud marks... oh well the XHD will be on soon

08 2 door (yes they made them) 3.5 RK lift, 35s lunchbox locked 30 front 44 LSD rear

Ocala Jeep Club CERT member. Nation's 1st jeep CERT team

Proud to be deplorable

post #15 of 43 Old 08-14-2009, 09:46 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I've been loving it here in NC, have had doors off since May pretty much all the time cept for when traveling up to NJ or FL, though July 4th weekend I did drive 500 miles one way to St Augustine FL doorless and 500mi back to NC, it ROCKED I hate doors, love driving in the rain without them and the soft top up. Iggee seats dry off with cpl paper towels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
A Jeep just zipped past my house and I could swear I heard the driver yellin:

"The tkob is coming!! The tkob is coming!!"
post #16 of 43 Old 08-15-2009, 03:11 AM
Rock God

still scared to do this=( 1. It's florida and I havn't linexd the tub 2. I'm a young'n and have an expensive stereo that Id like to keep 3. back to #2 I dont have an aftermarket alarm yet and parkoutside in a condo in a college town. 4. need to get a door/hardtop carrier and a trail cover

After I get linex the tub get an alarm a way to store the doors and top and a trail cover I hope to run doorless and topless as much as possible

07 Sahara Unlimited STEEL BLUE
Current Mods:3.5 Rock Krawler Mid Arm,
Teraflex drag linkflip kit(thanks Rooster),
18" XD Addict's on 35x12.5 Nitto Mud Grapplers

post #17 of 43 Old 08-15-2009, 07:10 AM
Rock God

Garage

Wish i could but a two year old and it's the wifes ride makes it tough up here.

They're off this w/e going to the lake overnight not bringing the doors for the first time. got the soft top and back windows but shouldn't need them.

i really miss my cjs never cared about them getting wet.

got Jeep got stuff, never enough of the right stuff tho

Am I in deep enough yet?
post #18 of 43 Old 08-15-2009, 07:34 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrane21 View Post
I take my 2 labs with me all the time with the doors and top off and they stay in there no matter what. Now while I'm driving they're in the back cuz I never have my backseat in. But suprisingly I could go into the store or something and they'll stay right in the jeep the whole time..
They stay put when I leave them in the Jeep, but they are just stupid enough to see someone walking on the sidewalk while I'm driving and have to go say 'hi' and fall right out. The black one acually did that when I was driving a golf cart. I used to keep them in the back, but that has turned into my tire carrier, so there is nowhere for them to sit back there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeatenPath View Post
i liked ur little doggs they were sitting right next to me during the give away meeting they were cute i thought what kind

Uhh.. I think you asked what kind of dogs they are... The black one with the mohawk is poodle and the tan one is a Chinese Crested Powder Puff and Poodle mix - basically a mutt.

post #19 of 43 Old 08-15-2009, 09:25 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
They stay put when I leave them in the Jeep, but they are just stupid enough to see someone walking on the sidewalk while I'm driving and have to go say 'hi' and fall right out. The black one acually did that when I was driving a golf cart. I used to keep them in the back, but that has turned into my tire carrier, so there is nowhere for them to sit back there.

Uhh.. I think you asked what kind of dogs they are... The black one with the mohawk is poodle and the tan one is a Chinese Crested Powder Puff and Poodle mix - basically a mutt.

cool they are awesome

my dog is like a black lab and chow mix with a spottted tongue
so its a mutt i guess

shes named after misty on pokemon

i got her a long time ago

Everyone else can BLOW themselves cause im bad as FUCK!
post #20 of 43 Old 08-15-2009, 12:50 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ImmortalityLTD

It's so f-ing hot and rainy down here in the summer that I'd either be soaked with rain or sweat by the time I got to work every morning. I run top-down and doorless in the wintery months. February gets a little chilly in the AM, but its better than putting the doors back on.

Now that I got the full doors, too, its gonna be tough to find space in the garage this winter for 8 doors.

Joel
2010 Tiki Rescue World Champion
post #21 of 43 Old 08-15-2009, 12:52 PM
Rock God

Your full doors are silver!?!?! hahaha ur going to paint them riiiiight

post #22 of 43 Old 08-15-2009, 12:57 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ImmortalityLTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp View Post
Your full doors are silver!?!?! hahaha ur going to paint them riiiiight
Eventually. I got a quote about a month ago at a body shop and the owner thought they looked cool as-is and tried to talk me out of it. The doors only cost me $150, and the paint will be about $600, but right now I'm thinking some other upgrades might be more important.

Name:  hybrid2.jpg
Views: 13694
Size:  153.9 KB

Name:  HybridJeep.jpg
Views: 2265
Size:  306.6 KB

Joel
2010 Tiki Rescue World Champion
post #23 of 43 Old 08-15-2009, 01:05 PM
Rock God

MAYYYYBE in black but the silver on red has that EXTRA beaner look to it. Like a white civic with a blue door

post #24 of 43 Old 08-15-2009, 01:35 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to .:eMETAL:. Send a message via Yahoo to .:eMETAL:.

doood! rawk the full doors in front and half in back! wish i could do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp View Post
MAYYYYBE in black but the silver on red has that EXTRA beaner look to it. Like a white civic with a blue door

needs a blue softop to complete the look

Remember to support our great Vendors here at JKO when purchasing your Jeep goods!

post #25 of 43 Old 08-15-2009, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Banned

FWIW - I put my doors back on today. Expecting it to rain on us coming back from the river tomorrow and a 3 hour driveon the interstate in the rain w/ no doors = a pissed off wife.

Doors will be back off Monday.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode