Tallahassee Wheeling Areas - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 08-12-2009, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Tallahassee Wheeling Areas

I am planning for the future, but I need some help. One of my daughters just started up at FSU and I need to find out if there is any places to wheel close to Tallahassee. That way I can have some fun on my trips up to see her because unfortunately I will hate being in that town considering I am a Gator!

If your a local up there and are willing to show me around the area let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-13-2009, 12:50 PM

I'm up at FSU, and going up there I thought there'd be tons of places to go... Haven't really found any yet but I haven't looked too hard either. If you head west on Pensacola you'll find Silver Lake, i was there at night one time but it seemed like there may be some trails there, Theres Apalachicola National Forest, Wakulla Springs to the south (don't know if theres any trails there)... . I've had the hardest time trying to find people to wheel with. All these lifted trucks and TJ's and nobody wants to get them dirty.... If you get in touch with Capital City Jeepers i'm sure they'll be of a lot more help than I am.
post #3 of 11 Old 08-13-2009, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

BMillow, thanks for the info. Check back here to see if anyone speaks up and if I find anything out I'll reach out to you on the weekends I'll be up there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 08-13-2009, 06:50 PM
Banned

My condolensces on your daughter going to FSU. I'm sure you raised her right. Some kids just go bad.

post #5 of 11 Old 08-13-2009, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by karnuvore View Post
My condolensces on your daughter going to FSU. I'm sure you raised her right. Some kids just go bad.
Actually I hate and she does to but when you get a scholarship you go where the money is. We are GATORS! She will tolerate for 4 years to get her education. Daddy didn't raise no fool, and he aint one either!
post #6 of 11 Old 08-13-2009, 09:31 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

cool what did she get scholarship for smokey?

hey we need to get a College game meet/greet going, how hard is it to get tickets to a Gators game?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
A Jeep just zipped past my house and I could swear I heard the driver yellin:

"The tkob is coming!! The tkob is coming!!"
post #7 of 11 Old 08-16-2009, 06:39 PM
JKO Addict!

Gator tix can be had... for a price... near the stadium from scalpers, it's legal off school property. Most go to the corner of University and SW 34th... BUT make sure you don't get student tix... they're only good at 2 gates and they check student ID's

For the big games you'll pay face value + $$$

Season tix HalfassU from $199

UF from $12K

edit: Smokey keep those clown school guys off her.... to those who don't know F$U has a clown school and their own circus.... a real circus besides their athletic dept.

08 2 door (yes they made them) 3.5 RK lift, 35s lunchbox locked 30 front 44 LSD rear

Ocala Jeep Club CERT member. Nation's 1st jeep CERT team

Proud to be deplorable

Last edited by ockgator; 08-17-2009 at 09:09 PM.
post #8 of 11 Old 08-16-2009, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkob1060 View Post
cool what did she get scholarship for smokey?

hey we need to get a College game meet/greet going, how hard is it to get tickets to a Gators game?
She got a music scholarship and is already getting into the band thing. I would definitely be up for a Gator game meet n greet.
post #9 of 11 Old 08-17-2009, 09:15 PM
JKO Addict!

As for a Gator meet we used to show up and tailgate W/O going into the stadium, but it helps that we were in a tour bus with sat TV... man I remember this one time during the Tenn game.......all I can say is frat guys called us crazy

08 2 door (yes they made them) 3.5 RK lift, 35s lunchbox locked 30 front 44 LSD rear

Proud to be deplorable

post #10 of 11 Old 08-17-2009, 09:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey View Post
I would definitely be up for a Gator game meet n greet.
Fuck yeah Im up for that. I have a buddy who lives/works in gainesville and is a PhD grad from there - he could probably tell us a good place for meet n greet. If that happens - I am in.

Or just tailgating. I'm a deadhead. The parkinglot is where it's at.

post #11 of 11 Old 08-18-2009, 10:44 AM
JKO Addict!

Levin Law School parking lot is a good sized spot for a meet and greet. It's about 1/3 or so mi from the swamp but the close parking is reserved for boosters. There seems to be a lot of shady areas too. There is a lot across from J.Wayne Reitz union but there's little to no shade there.

Lake Alice area would be good but UPD sometimes gets snotty about parking on the grass

Wherever you want to go get there early

Proud to be deplorable

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode