My stuck story - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 08-12-2009, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

My stuck story

Okay so some of you might know my stuck story that happened last weekend. Most of you don't so for the ones that don't I'll retype the ENTIRE story. Your welcome.

There is a road near NSB called Martins Dairy Road. It is a straight dirt road that dead ends in a roundabout and comes back. This road tends to flood fairly easily and since it has been raining a lot recently me and a friend decided to go down the road.

We went two Saturdays ago. Near the end there was about 75 ft of road that had large sections washed out. At its deepest it was maybe 20 inches or so.

Well we decided to go again that Monday after it had rained really heavy that day. The washed out section had grown to about 75 yards of solid washed out road. The depth bordered on the maximum traversible depth for a JK with Rubi wheels and tires.

We go one way and stay to the right (gotta protect the airbox). We rode the lip on the shoulder and we were fine. We turned around to come back and followed the same logic. We stayed on the right.

Well we got into some really wet sand and the JK stalled. So I shifted into 1st. Now I'm in a stick and I did not use the clutch. I was in 4lo so relax. I remembered my offroading 101. I started the Jeep. It stalled. I tried again but gave it gas. Still stalled. I tried reverse. Still stalled.

We both started making phone calls. No one would answer so it was time to surrender and call home. My folks managed to get Edgewater Towing out there for $120 bucks. We were too far off the asphalt for AAA to cover it.

So the guy comes out with my Dad, who brought the camera and asks me what line did I take. I told him you don't want to take my line I got stuck. So he cautiously crawls through the river in his F350 and gets behind me. He gets out and says I'm going to hand you the winch cable so you need to get out.

So I rock climb my way around the JK and hook the cable and then rock climb my way back in. He pulls me and my friend out and we drive home.

Since then I've managed to fix all the noises except my throw-out bearing which I think the dealership will cover under warranty since it has already been replaced once. Oh and I cleaned my carpet and vacuumed the innards of the JK.

Here are the pics.

They approach my demise.

I'm trying to catch the winch cable. I lost my sandal and had to search for a brown sandal in brown water. Normally I would jump in but I didn't know how deep it was and I had my phone in my pocket. I know bad idea.

We're out and dripping.

jk-forum, jk-forum.com jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-12-2009, 04:09 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

that sux but a idea to u about searching for ur sandal

how does the jk in realtion to ur pocket under water ifu know what i mean

sux 120 own thedrain

well i guess at least ur jeep didnt go down the drain

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Everyone else can BLOW themselves cause im bad as FUCK!
post #3 of 8 Old 08-12-2009, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

I think the water was a few inches below my pocket but capillary action and waves might have soaked it. I figured better not risk it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 08-12-2009, 04:41 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to .:eMETAL:. Send a message via Yahoo to .:eMETAL:.

this time with pictures!!

Remember to support our great Vendors here at JKO when purchasing your Jeep goods!

post #5 of 8 Old 08-12-2009, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Can't help wondering who is making the payments on that JK.

Better luck next time......I think.

post #6 of 8 Old 08-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysJK View Post
I think the water was a few inches below my pocket but capillary action and waves might have soaked it. I figured better not risk it.
Huh Huh Huh, he said Capillary Action.

08 Silver Unlimited
3.5" RE Superflex
35" Pro Comp X Muds
5.13 Superiors
Rampage front
Rancho rear
Tabor 9K
Spidertrax and stockers
Line-x
post #7 of 8 Old 08-12-2009, 08:13 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunks View Post
Huh Huh Huh, he said Capillary Action.

If I saw that much water and very little grass, automatic U-turn when I am solo. But that is just me as I have been alone before too

ROBY

2008 Unlimited Black Sahara AKA Robicon
(O|||||||O)

Lifted with 35" MTR's, Detroit locked with 5.13's, Poison Spyder Front Bumper, Rockhard rear bumper, Rubi Rails, Poison Spyder flares, Rock Krawler front U & LCA's, Ocala Trail Scratches & some other bits and pieces.

God Bless those that keep our Freedom Free!!
John3:16

post #8 of 8 Old 08-12-2009, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLG8TR View Post

If I saw that much water and very little grass, automatic U-turn when I am solo. But that is just me as I have been alone before too
From now on I won't be going alone with that much water. I've been avoiding water since then. Oh and the JK is paid off so no worries about still paying it off.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode